onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

6 hours ago, rsb said:

I must be mad first ever team sheet with the players weave got. 

G K

Stone

Cass                     Smith                 Hall

Worrall                 Pett                         Ojo                   Benning

Garrity

Proctor                           Wilson

Subs GK ?      Hussey   Jones   Charsley    Walker    Striker ?    Striker ?

not included Conlon    because of injury

That's a decent side!

Unofficial vale questioning whether the young keeper we have with us may be 20 y/o Brad Young from Leicester.

Stone said there was a keeper called Brad with them… but also said he had come across him before and I can’t find a club crossover unless it’s England schoolboys where Stone played.

Here is a good article on Young who Leicester paid a reported six figure fee for from Hartlepool before he had played a competitive game.

Given we know we have been aging zoom meetings with a potential keeper I’m guessing this means Brad could be a 3rd keeper and one to develop?

52 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ash Hunter now confirmed by Morcambe on a 1 year deal

Morecambe seem to be throwing a bit of cash about these days. Hunter, as far as I’m aware, was on top money at Salford, and he’d turned down a few other clubs due to his financial demands. 

I quite like Morecambe - best of luck to them. 

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Unofficial vale questioning whether the young keeper we have with us may be 20 y/o Brad Young from Leicester.

Stone said there was a keeper called Brad with them… but also said he had come across him before and I can’t find a club crossover unless it’s England schoolboys where Stone played.

Here is a good article on Young who Leicester paid a reported six figure fee for from Hartlepool before he had played a competitive game.

Given we know we have been aging zoom meetings with a potential keeper I’m guessing this means Brad could be a 3rd keeper and one to develop?

They don’t look to dissimilar do they. I’d be surprised if we were heading into League One with a 22-year-old and 20-year-old as our first and second choice GK’s, both with no experience in the division. I’d heard on good authority that we’d agreed a pretty hefty fee for a GK from a club in this division, in relation to the tweet about the Zoom call. Not sure who though? 

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

They don’t look to dissimilar do they. I’d be surprised if we were heading into League One with a 22-year-old and 20-year-old as our first and second choice GK’s, both with no experience in the division. I’d heard on good authority that we’d agreed a pretty hefty fee for a GK from a club in this division, in relation to the tweet about the Zoom call. Not sure who though? 

Hladky at Ipswich maybe? Would tick the boxes and when he was at Salford he was the best keeper in the league by a distance.

Obviously we will get the right amount of players in. It doesn’t matter which free agents are getting signed up if we can a few fees and get a few loans. DC has listed all the areas he’s looking to strengthen so it seems unlikely he’s going to turn round and say oh well we’ll just go with what we’ve got. Just gotta wait. Need better loanees than Eddy and Harry though. I assume DC thinks we can get better because if we wanted them they’d be here now.

Whether or not you :
Trust the process completely
Trust the process but question anyway
Are a "Happy Clapper"
One who loves to be "Proved Wrong"
Worry
Don't worry
Or anywhere in between, the season will begin and referees won't be too bothered about how many players we have signed but they will expect us to at least start the game with 11.
Whether or not we stay up, go up or get relegated will depend on the outcome of 46 football matches across the division.
I truly believe that whoever may sign for our club will, in the main, improve the squad ready (or during) what is going to be an exciting season and I can't wait.
PS, I don't bandy name about as I have no idea who may be available, personally i dont really care too much, i leave those decisions to the management.
Sorry to go off topic.

Archived