onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Fosse, with the huge police presence, I can never see the home fans being given the Hamil End on a permanent basis. I wish that we didn’t have the minority of mindless idiots so that we could have either police free games or minimum policing. Having said this I have a friend who is a police officer, who informs me that most police on duty are there on cancelled rest days, which means the club don’t pay for them on match days. 

Advert

Wasn't the hamil almost full when we played Bolton?
They sold 3000 I believe Bolton did .
I'd give Wednesday the whole 4500 and open up other side of lorne Street I believe people sat in them seats for Robbie Williams concert ok going toilet might be a problem and getting a drink but as long as you tell folk beforehand that there no facilities it's just a seat to support your local team I'm sure folks will get a drink before hand or make sure they empty there bladder before hand it's a different option to Bycars however personally feel Bycars is OK if just going the game if want a drink and excellent toilet facilities maybe not so but your not there for that your there to get behind the Vale .

I see this type of discussion pop up fairly regularly on this forum.

Surely the forum has some form of connection with the club's hierarchy.

Surely the club would want to know about themes that are emerging.

It's certainly the rhetoric that is delivered.

In practice, however, communication appears to be haphazard and unsystematic.

I find it baffling, disappointing and even disillusioning, against a background of exceptional progress.

Incongruous and very surprising with Carol at the helm.

33 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I'd give Wednesday the whole 4500 and open up other side of lorne Street I believe people sat in them seats for Robbie Williams concert ok going toilet might be a problem and getting a drink but as long as you tell folk beforehand that there no facilities it's just a seat to support your local team I'm sure folks will get a drink before hand or make sure they empty there bladder before hand it's a different option to Bycars however personally feel Bycars is OK if just going the game if want a drink and excellent toilet facilities maybe not so but your not there for that your there to get behind the Vale .

Opening up the Lorne is certainly a good plan for the future.

The extra income could also be used to cover the cost of getting it finished.

24 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

The safety certificate dictates capacity and is based on many factors including ingress and egress. The area in the corner of the Railway Paddock is a nightmare at HT - the kiosk queues merge with people standing around eating/drinking and people trying to get to the inadequate bogs. The Lorne Street Hamil has no facilities and can only be accessed in numbers via the pitch so until this is sorted it will remain closed for football matches.

18 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It would be nice to hear from the club the reason why the capacity has been reduced it can’t be top secret surely 

It’s no secret it’s governed by the safety certificate not the club. Rules have changed over the years and capacity is not just determined by the number of seats in a particular section.

15 minutes ago, SFBT said:

I see this type of discussion pop up fairly regularly on this forum.

Surely the forum has some form of connection with the club's hierarchy.

Surely the club would want to know about themes that are emerging.

It's certainly the rhetoric that is delivered.

In practice, however, communication appears to be haphazard and unsystematic.

I find it baffling, disappointing and even disillusioning, against a background of exceptional progress.

Incongruous and very surprising with Carol at the helm.

One channel is through the Supporters Club meetings

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

The Junior Valiant scheme needs looking into. When you have capacity restrictions in place, you can't then have hundreds (or, thousands?) of seats reserved for fans who will never or rarely attend. 

The whole reduced capacity thing is very strange (especially in the Hamil), but I doubt we'll hear anything from the club about this. We never do. It's slightly annoying hearing how wonderful the corporate experience is whilst normal match-going fans are waiting 20 minutes to get into stands operating at 50% capacity.

The queue on Saturday was ridiculous, longer than I’ve ever seen it at Vale Park. Although by the end people were getting through the turnstiles quickly - I couldn’t understand where the bottleneck was.

11 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Seats are netted off at the one side and the front to create a DMZ zone. This is to give the stewards/police a chance to intercept the nutters from both clubs apart. Been very close to anarchy a few times.( Bolton, Stoke and Leeds to name a few.).

So when the Hamil becomes the Home End there will be no need for netting and the capacity can be increased.

The refreshments in the Railway Paddock are a nightmare, seriously you have to leave 5-10 minutes before half time to actually get what you want so you can have half a chance of watching the start of the second half, any longer and its a no go. Even with the fans zone opening it hasn't seemed to help IMO. 

I think one of the issues is that when people are ordering Carling, its poured from a can into a pint glass, this takes forever. Cant they get Carling in bottles, like they serve the cider, in bottles? Would greatly decrease the waiting time I'm sure!

The queue on Saturday was ridiculous, longer than I’ve ever seen it at Vale Park. Although by the end people were getting through the turnstiles quickly - I couldn’t understand where the bottleneck was.
My season ticket card wouldn't scan on Saturday at the unmanned turnstiles for the paddock by the synectics car park. This could explain some of the delays. This was about 2.40. Numerous people were having the same issue. Felt a bit sorry for the guy helping people to get through by overriding the scanner as he was getting a bit of grief. All 4 turnstiles were stuck at one point.

Sent from my I3113 using onevalefan mobile app

Archived