onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

Turnstile 15 is for the paddock I was running late saturday as son had me season ticket but left it at home so had to turn back after travelling one mile,so when I got there at 2 mins to 3 said why can't I go in there they said that's for RP my season ticket is for RS but it says T15 to T20 for Railway Stand .
Got a drink for second half but had to wait all half time get it as queue humongous not complaining as only wanted a water but if wanted a beer I'd have miss 15 mins of second half etc but not complaining it is what it is .
I'm sure as a Vale fan the only thing what matters is ON the pitch the change to the hamil will in my opinion (don't take it personally bycars enders )encourage more folk to attend especially as the vocals will go through the roof and that's what i want and noticed both Vale goals were scored when encouragement was significantly higher at times v Shrewsbury .
The hamil needs be our home end ASAP I will swop immediately but while we are still in bycars the likes of Sheffield Wednesday need be given every seat every sale not taken is less money for the Vale to move forwards .
UTV

Advert

All clubs that are well run - as PV is now - will monitor fan forums like this. Risk management. Customer service improvement. Business development opportunities. 

The catering facilities are geared to 4-5k attendances. They need reconstruction and construction to be fit for purposes with say 12k attendances. Going to take a while in the programme.

Even in big stadiums like Anfield queues are normal. The stands going back can also be more complex with steeper banking. 

I thought Wembley was a pretty rubbish stadium by the way. Not due to catering but because the view is poor and the stands insufficiently banked.

2 hours ago, soothsayer said:

It’s no secret it’s governed by the safety certificate not the club. Rules have changed over the years and capacity is not just determined by the number of seats in a particular section.

It kind of is a secret. 

Nobody has addressed this officially in terms of addressing the issues in each stand and communicating a plan of action for the future to maximize the capacity of the stadium. I don't think a few comments from Carol on a podcast or Garlick at a fans forum cut it, and have very little confidence that the Hamil switch will go ahead 'as planned' in January.

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Part of the problem is that there are loads of Junior Valiants who have season tickets but don't go to the games.  Sadly each junior season ticket has a seat allocated to it so we can't sell them on a match to match basis.  There must be some way round this.

Dont think there is , you cant sell a seat thats been allocated to a season ticket holder , they might just turn up .

25 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

It kind of is a secret. 

Nobody has addressed this officially in terms of addressing the issues in each stand and communicating a plan of action for the future to maximize the capacity of the stadium. I don't think a few comments from Carol on a podcast or Garlick at a fans forum cut it, and have very little confidence that the Hamil switch will go ahead 'as planned' in January.

Do you want the sort of detail shown in the attached example ?

Worked Example A: Football/rugby (sgsa.org.uk)

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

They sold 3000 I believe Bolton did .
I'd give Wednesday the whole 4500 and open up other side of lorne Street I believe people sat in them seats for Robbie Williams concert ok going toilet might be a problem and getting a drink but as long as you tell folk beforehand that there no facilities it's just a seat to support your local team I'm sure folks will get a drink before hand or make sure they empty there bladder before hand it's a different option to Bycars however personally feel Bycars is OK if just going the game if want a drink and excellent toilet facilities maybe not so but your not there for that your there to get behind the Vale .

They can't give them 4500 if the authorities have reduced the capacity to 3300. They also can't open the unfinished Lorne St, there are no turnstiles, no concourse or toilets and no emergency exits. I know people sat there for the Robbie concert but spectators could go onto the pitch to access other kiosks and toilet facilities. Football has much stricter rules for crowds than do other sports. As an instance Newport FC have a ground capacity of 8000. The Rugby union sides who play on the same ground have the capacity set at 11500.

22 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

It kind of is a secret. 

What would quench your thirst for knowledge on this? I think it’s pretty obvious a 1950’s stand is no longer fit for purpose under current health and safety rules, and therefore has a cap on how many people it can safely accommodate. Only a total reconstruction of the concourse area would increase the cap. I imagine that would cost a few million. 

The long term solution is knocking down the whole area and building a new stand. I’m sure it is on Carol’s radar further down the line. Just not sure where the funding would come from. However, she is a very astute business woman, so I’m sure she has got a few plans in place. 

On 05/05/2022 at 21:16, rayzer said:

Both the Railway Stand and the Bycars Stand are 72 years old and the expected lifespan of steel structures is normally 75 years, so the club could find itself in a position where it fas to make a major decision within three years. I am sure the cost of demolishing those old stands and building new ones would be cheaper than moving to a new ground altogether. Vale Park is not worth much on the open market, mainly because of its covenant on it which designates it has to remain as a sports stadium. 

I know that there are problems with the substrate at Vale Park but I am sure that with modern building methods these can be overcome. We could build a new stand on the Bycars with modern facilities fit for the 21st century and the Railway Stand could be built closer to the pitch and with a higher rake to maximise attendances and to also build another row of boxes and corporate facilities to maximise revenue for non football days.

By bringing the stand closer to the pitch this would hopefully enable us to build some office units along the length of the stand to bring in some extra revenue.

At the end of the day it will be down to Carol to decide.

The bycars stand was completely rebuilt with a new roof and steel structure. The Railway stands and the old family stand in the corner are the only o.riginal structures

2 minutes ago, mbycars said:

They can't give them 4500 if the authorities have reduced the capacity to 3300. They also can't open the unfinished Lorne St, there are no turnstiles, no concourse or toilets and no emergency exits. I know people sat there for the Robbie concert but spectators could go onto the pitch to access other kiosks and toilet facilities. Football has much stricter rules for crowds than do other sports. As an instance Newport FC have a ground capacity of 8000. The Rugby union sides who play on the same ground have the capacity set at 11500.

Leicester King Power has a greater capacity for a Rugby game than for a Prem since they do not need segregation areas for Rugby. Can also drink watching a game.

49 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Definitely. This needs to happen ASAP. I'll be swapping too, and that will become my new home!

If the Hamil becomes the home end it sounds like a lot of the people who want to  sit there will move from other stands not the Bycars. Given that there aren't many people in the Bycars now they won't fill the Hamil even if they all move anyway. It will be a lot of upheaval and won't necessarily increase crowds, just redistribute them. 

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If the Hamil becomes the home end it sounds like a lot of the people who want to  sit there will move from other stands not the Bycars. Given that there aren't many people in the Bycars now they won't fill the Hamil even if they all move anyway. It will be a lot of upheaval and won't necessarily increase crowds, just redistribute them. 

Main purpose is for a concentrated vocal area as an alternative to the railway areas as well as the Bycars.  Hopefully to roar the Vale on.  Also transfers away fans from using Hamil Road as their entrance/exit and proximity to main home fan exit from the Railway areas.

Archived