onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

Advert

I love that. Don’t ask questions because they won’t get answered!!  Loads of folk had emailed questions about the loyalty scheme which Ritchie Bates took on board and says there are folk working to improve the system. We even had one bloke in the room calling the club lias and saying he didn’t believe all the Derby tickets had been sold so quickly!!!
You keep going on about a loyalty scheme but how exactly does that improve mine, yours and many others matchday experience. The club know the catering is dreadful, they don't need an email from me to tell them that.

7 hours ago, toyahw said:

There was a meeting of the supporters club? Who knew? 30 turned up. Does anyone know anything about the "supporters'  club? I was a member once  I think. Not heard a word from them for Donkeys' years. 

I’m a member of the supporters club but never got the email saying the meeting was taking place, I didn’t know there was a meeting on Thursday.

You keep going on about a loyalty scheme but how exactly does that improve mine, yours and many others matchday experience. The club know the catering is dreadful, they don't need an email from me to tell them that.
Initial advantage is for an improved way of selling away tickets, no doubt it could also issue vouchers for pies and beer with time slots for collection at half time if enough people clamour for such a service. My matchday experience is focused on the pitch, the rest will come in time.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

10 hours ago, hamilboy said:

I still don't believe them to my mind it's an away club scheme like i said dont talk about being loyal to this club 4 generations of my family have and are loyal to the vale and always will be. By the way some body behind me last night said they had sold all the tickets for Derby in 2 days wrong my son was offered 2 tickets by the vale Thursday afternoon being a decent lad he refused them because he was told by the ticket office he had not got enough points when he rang up although he is a season ticket holder.

If you’re on about being loyal I can point out that my husband’s father played for Vale in the 20s and one of his uncles played for the club before the First World War and scored against Man Utd!!  All of that is irrelevant to the operation of the current scheme.

If the club hadn’t sold all the Derby tickets why were where signs on the shop door at 11am on Wednesday saying Sold Out?  Are you saying they were actively turning folk away?  And with regard to you son getting a ticket on Thursday, I wonder how many people returned them when the rail strike was announced?  And with regard to being told he didn’t have enough points, by Thursday points were irrelevant so I don’t understand what you’re saying  

Were you the guy who said you wanted to take your wife to Cambridge but wouldn’t be able to get her a ticket because she’s not got points?  Yet you said you took her to MK Dons. How did you get her a ticket for that?

The system is nowhere near perfect as I pointed out at the meeting but it’s clearly better than having folk camp overnight on the car park?

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

If you’re on about being loyal I can point out that my husband’s father played for Vale in the 20s and one of his uncles played for the club before the First World War and scored against Man Utd!!  All of that is irrelevant to the operation of the current scheme.

If the club hadn’t sold all the Derby tickets why were where signs on the shop door at 11am on Wednesday saying Sold Out?  Are you saying they were actively turning folk away?  And with regard to you son getting a ticket on Thursday, I wonder how many people returned them when the rail strike was announced?  And with regard to being told he didn’t have enough points, by Thursday points were irrelevant so I don’t understand what you’re saying  

Were you the guy who said you wanted to take your wife to Cambridge but wouldn’t be able to get her a ticket because she’s not got points?  Yet you said you took her to MK Dons. How did you get her a ticket for that?

The system is nowhere near perfect as I pointed out at the meeting but it’s clearly better than having folk camp overnight on the car park?

If you read my post i did not say he had not got enough points on Thursday in fact he was told by the ticket office on Tuesday,before they sold out.And as for MK dons i went to purchase the tickets at the shop because it was a mid week match that would never sell out, All i am saying is take the word Loyalty out of the scheme and name it the away club scheme which it definitly is.

If you read my post i did not say he had not got enough points on Thursday in fact he was told by the ticket office on Tuesday,before they sold out.And as for MK dons i went to purchase the tickets at the shop because it was a mid week match that would never sell out, All i am saying is take the word Loyalty out of the scheme and name it the away club scheme which it definitly is.
There is also the Loyalty aspect for non STs which will come into play should we have another ManC game. Gives them priority over people who may not have been only the odd or even no games.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

I don’t get who is limiting our capacity?

It must be local because Peterborough have that away end today which is awful, wooden seats and some images on twitter show isn’t great at all yet we are the ones with a capacity limited when ours is light years ahead of that stand?

Look at Crewe with one access point down the side of the pitch and that’s sold to capacity.

So who and why is ours being limited when you’d argue ours are far better than those two mentioned? It makes little sense of the face of it.

3 hours ago, valefan16 said:

I don’t get who is limiting our capacity?

It must be local because Peterborough have that away end today which is awful, wooden seats and some images on twitter show isn’t great at all yet we are the ones with a capacity limited when ours is light years ahead of that stand?

Look at Crewe with one access point down the side of the pitch and that’s sold to capacity.

So who and why is ours being limited when you’d argue ours are far better than those two mentioned? It makes little sense of the face of it.

I think the local council is responsible for issuing the ground safety certificate. They have to do it based on the famous Green Guide. I was told that one of the problems at Vale was the shortage of toilet facilities. At Peterborough today there were over 600 Vale fans. They provided 2 ladies toilets and a male toilet that I’m told was a wall with room for about 5 or 6 blokes to pee!!

56 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

One way of increasing capacity would have been to finish the Lorne Street Stand.  If that had been done over the summer, it's cost would have been recouped over the season by the followings of Sheffield Wednesday and Derby plus a few others. A chance missed. 

From memory, the cost of doing the Lorne St and the Robbie Williams suite were about the same. Club chose to do the Robbie Williams suite. Maybe problems with moving the players' gym, or doing the RS made more sense financially? This is not in any way a criticism. It's their money.  

48 minutes ago, toyahw said:

From memory, the cost of doing the Lorne St and the Robbie Williams suite were about the same. Club chose to do the Robbie Williams suite. Maybe problems with moving the players' gym, or doing the RS made more sense financially? This is not in any way a criticism. It's their money.  

Logistics, cant open the rest of Lorne St without a concourse etc. Whereas the Robbie Williams suite is an additional income stream, available outside match days as well.

Archived