onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

2 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

To increase the occupancy of seats in the more popular parts of the ground, the club should perhaps routinely include the link to where season ticket holders can release their ticket/seat whenever they post updates on ticket sales or advertise upcoming fixtures.  I still don’t think the majority of ST holders realise how easy this is to do online and I think I’ve read somewhere that it can be done over the phone too though don’t know how secure that is, if at all, in terms of proving it’s the season ticket holder releasing the ticket.

I’m no tech wizard but have already released my ticket twice this season via the website when I’ve not been able to make the 350 mile round trip. I’m happy to do it without prompting but perhaps some form of incentivisation would encourage more to do so eg vouchers for the club shop?

Bottom line for me is that it's pointless sharing solutions on here.

Maybe one or two will pick up the message, but the club have the responsibility and contact details.

As nothing seems to go from here to the club, nothing will change.

Maybe I'm wasting my time too, sharing my frustrations.

Maybe it's not part of the expectations of a forum to influence the club.

Just somewhere to blow hot air around.

I just don't know how you get messages through...

Advert

Bottom line for me is that it's pointless sharing solutions on here.
Maybe one or two will pick up the message, but the club have the responsibility and contact details.
As nothing seems to go from here to the club, nothing will change.
Maybe I'm wasting my time too, sharing my frustrations.
Maybe it's not part of the expectations of a forum to influence the club.
Just somewhere to blow hot air around.
I just don't know how you get messages through...
Supporters Club?

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

On a normal match day, how many free under 12 tickets can you order for the game? And do you receive loyalty points for them?

I saw a comment that people were ordering multiple free tickets (with no intention of any kids actually attending) just so that they got allocated additional loyalty points, which then puts them higher up the pecking order for hard to get away tickets. 

Surely the system can’t  be manipulated like this? I’d be gobsmacked if this was true. However it would go some way to explain all the empty seats in “sold out” stands. 

9 hours ago, Warren said:

All clubs that are well run - as PV is now - will monitor fan forums like this. Risk management. Customer service improvement. Business development opportunities. 

The catering facilities are geared to 4-5k attendances. They need reconstruction and construction to be fit for purposes with say 12k attendances. Going to take a while in the programme.

Even in big stadiums like Anfield queues are normal. The stands going back can also be more complex with steeper banking. 

I thought Wembley was a pretty rubbish stadium by the way. Not due to catering but because the view is poor and the stands insufficiently banked.

We had a great view, pitchside, and thought the refreshments were surprisingly good value - it just looks jaded...like Vale park before the Shanahans came in! 

9 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

It kind of is a secret. 

Nobody has addressed this officially in terms of addressing the issues in each stand and communicating a plan of action for the future to maximize the capacity of the stadium. I don't think a few comments from Carol on a podcast or Garlick at a fans forum cut it, and have very little confidence that the Hamil switch will go ahead 'as planned' in January.

How do you know the owners haven't addressed this? Your sense of entitlement is fairly arrogant - you're a customer, not a shareholder!

On a normal match day, how many free under 12 tickets can you order for the game? And do you receive loyalty points for them?
I saw a comment that people were ordering multiple free tickets (with no intention of any kids actually attending) just so that they got allocated additional loyalty points, which then puts them higher up the pecking order for hard to get away tickets. 
Surely the system can’t  be manipulated like this? I’d be gobsmacked if this was true. However it would go some way to explain all the empty seats in “sold out” stands. 
That is how the system works.

It's a terrible system.

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

How do you know the owners haven't addressed this? Your sense of entitlement is fairly arrogant - you're a customer, not a shareholder!

The fact that we're still putting up the 'Sold Out' signs for 6500 home fans is a bit of a giveaway.

You're bang on that I'm simply a customer, as we all are (perhaps those that are in corporate or get their tickets reserved in brown envelopes are super customers...?). 

The fact that we're still putting up the 'Sold Out' signs for 6500 home fans is a bit of a giveaway.
You're bang on that I'm simply a customer, as we all are (perhaps those that are in corporate or get their tickets reserved in brown envelopes are super customers...?). 

If you were given your tickets in a brown envelope you'd want a different colour

It is a computer system, easily changed so that only away tickets earn points as the Wednesday system does if this is not the case. Raise the issue with the club.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Yeah it is.

But it shouldn't be just away tickets that earn points. You want to encourage spend at home.

The bit I responded to is that you can just add a load of free kids tickets to a home game and you'll earn caps/points.

This shouldn't be the case. Each ticket ordered should have to be allocated to a fan. Each fan has a unique ID. When you are allocated a ticket you earn points, not the points just dumped on to whoever the account was that purchased.

2 minutes ago, PortVale89 said:

Yeah it is.

But it shouldn't be just away tickets that earn points. You want to encourage spend at home.

The bit I responded to is that you can just add a load of free kids tickets to a home game and you'll earn caps/points.

This shouldn't be the case. Each ticket ordered should have to be allocated to a fan. Each fan has a unique ID. When you are allocated a ticket you earn points, not the points just dumped on to whoever the account was that purchased.

That is the crux of any system, the ticket bought has to be linked to a ST or a Membership, points can be shown for away tickets bought, and for total purchases. the data is there. The club needs to review the system and explain it to the fans in mid October on how it has performed dealing with our biggest away game.

10 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Or perhaps you're just talking <ovf censored> to get some attention?

On 20/09/2022 at 08:28, jjvale_03 said:

Its not a fact though is it. The Bycars has never been near full even with the lower capacity

Archived