onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

25 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Slightly unfair.  I just think well meaning intentions have meant that the focus has been taken off one project in favour of another.  At the moment we probably have too many irons in the fire with regards to fundraising.

Have to say though not sure where your “doubling” of cost has come from but costs will no doubt increase with the passing of time.

we need to do one project at a time in my opinion , or you are in danger of not completing anything. Not a criticision of anybody just a fact , again in my opinion. 

Advert

1 hour ago, bomber said:

I think our owners have done very well so far in trying to improve the club on and off the field. I for one most certainly be prepared donate on a regular basis to try and help push the Lorne St completion. As Rob says the club have a list of priorities as long as your arm . The completion of the Lorne St would benefit us all one way or another.

I would donate but was told the only way was through online crowdfunding or something , which I , and many others dont do . A simple collection box around the site might be worth doing - nothing to lose .

5 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:
5 hours ago, rob1983 said:
Did anyone raise this issue at the supporters club meeting last night?

You can't ask awkward questions at supporters club meetings. It's all pats on backs and false laughter, oh and then get your wallet out for concourses, statues e.t.c.

You didn’t go last night then?  Lots of questions and criticism of the loyalty system.

The issue with the stands and capacity is facilities apparently. The Green Guide specifies how many toilets there need to be for the number of spectators and the stands are woefully short. The club has got estimates for various items of work and will get it all done when they can. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was Vale Park!

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You didn’t go last night then?  Lots of questions and criticism of the loyalty system.

The issue with the stands and capacity is facilities apparently. The Green Guide specifies how many toilets there need to be for the number of spectators and the stands are woefully short. The club has got estimates for various items of work and will get it all done when they can. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was Vale Park!

Any reason they can't just bang a few portaloos in then?

20 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

No, unfortunately I had better things to do. Did anyone raise the issue regarding our woeful catering? and why it takes twenty odd minutes to get served every game? Why somewhere around the ground there’s issues entering the stadium nearly every game? Why the club haven’t even bothered to issue a statement and explanation regarding his departure as well as a thank you to Steve Speed for his 43 years service and dedication to the club? Still it was great to hear we have a fantastic medical department, we certainly need it with players continually getting injured left right and centre.  

3 hours ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

we need to do one project at a time in my opinion , or you are in danger of not completing anything. Not a criticision of anybody just a fact , again in my opinion. 

Fair comment.  Unfortunately one or two worthy causes have cropped up at a similar time.  Such is life.  Maybe this is why the Rudgie fund has seemingly been prioritised by the SC.  Not knocking that, we’ll only have one chance.

2 hours ago, Smallthorne clampet said:

I would donate but was told the only way was through online crowdfunding or something , which I , and many others dont do . A simple collection box around the site might be worth doing - nothing to lose .

Always an issue, the “online” nature of these things.  Certainly a bucket or collection point in the club shop & main entrance to the ground should be a bare minimum.  Apologies if these already exist but I’ve not noticed them.

2 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:

No, unfortunately I had better things to do. Did anyone raise the issue regarding our woeful catering? and why it takes twenty odd minutes to get served every game? Why somewhere around the ground there’s issues entering the stadium nearly every game? Why the club haven’t even bothered to issue a statement and explanation regarding his departure as well as a thank you to Steve Speed for his 43 years service and dedication to the club? Still it was great to hear we have a fantastic medical department, we certainly need it with players continually getting injured left right and centre.  

All those questions and you never thought to email the SC with them?

What's the point? Do you think anything will get done? We keep getting told how much the facilities are improving within hospitality. When is anything ever going to improve for the bread and butter supporter's? The introduction of a white bloody Twix didn't quite cut it for me last season.

3 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:
5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

What's the point? Do you think anything will get done? We keep getting told how much the facilities are improving within hospitality. When is anything ever going to improve for the bread and butter supporter's? The introduction of a white bloody Twix didn't quite cut it for me last season.

I love that. Don’t ask questions because they won’t get answered!!  Loads of folk had emailed questions about the loyalty scheme which Ritchie Bates took on board and says there are folk working to improve the system. We even had one bloke in the room calling the club lias and saying he didn’t believe all the Derby tickets had been sold so quickly!!!

4 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:
6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I feel your pain man

42 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I love that. Don’t ask questions because they won’t get answered!!  Loads of folk had emailed questions about the loyalty scheme which Ritchie Bates took on board and says there are folk working to improve the system. We even had one bloke in the room calling the club lias and saying he didn’t believe all the Derby tickets had been sold so quickly!!!

I still don't believe them to my mind it's an away club scheme like i said dont talk about being loyal to this club 4 generations of my family have and are loyal to the vale and always will be. By the way some body behind me last night said they had sold all the tickets for Derby in 2 days wrong my son was offered 2 tickets by the vale Thursday afternoon being a decent lad he refused them because he was told by the ticket office he had not got enough points when he rang up although he is a season ticket holder.

Archived