onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Park Capacity

I'd assume that the capacity of the Railway Stand has been reduced more dramatically than it might have been as a result of the ridiculous position of the toilets. Who's idea was it to build them there? It causes issues in terms of the flow of punters in the stand. What are the women's toilet facilities? Some portaloos? That and the catering don't come close to being able to service 3,450 people. I'd imagine the 60 or so who stand on the rear concourse don't help either. Can't do anything about that though as the stewards would get filled in by 40 and 50 year old gammon if they were told to move. 2,000 capacity in a 3,450 stand it is then.

Advert

Has our capacity been reduced even further?

there were approx 6500 Vale fans in the ground yesterday. 
We were told the Paddock, Stand and Lorne Street had all been sold to their full capacity. 
The Paddock and Stand both looked a lot emptier than in recent games. 
I’d say there were approx 1000 in the Bycars, therefore only 5500 in the other 3 stands that were supposedly full?? 
Doesn’t seem right to me. 

On another note, I had the pleasure of going in the hospitality seats yesterday. A birthday treat for me and my Dad. It was absolutely excellent. Fantastic 3 course meal. Sneak tour of the Robbie Williams suite. And the staff were brilliant. (Especially Sue Potts). Couldn’t do enough for us. Highly recommend it. 

4 hours ago, valiant steve said:

The Hamil away end for the Sheffield Wednesday fixture can be "reserved seating" and all ticket. So why is it only 3300 ticket when there's 4700 seats? 

Very strange, we filled it for the Swindle game so it can’t be  for H+S reasons.

Part of the problem is that there are loads of Junior Valiants who have season tickets but don't go to the games.  Sadly each junior season ticket has a seat allocated to it so we can't sell them on a match to match basis.  There must be some way round this.
If my son doesn't go, I phone the ticket office and buy his seat, however I don't ever sit in that seat.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Part of the problem is that there are loads of Junior Valiants who have season tickets but don't go to the games.  Sadly each junior season ticket has a seat allocated to it so we can't sell them on a match to match basis.  There must be some way round this.

There's actually a very simple way round it. Thanks to Avanti and Transpennine, I've missed several games already. I just log into my account and free up my seat for that game. There's a button to click, and it only takes a couple of seconds to do. So anyone whose family member is a Junior Valiant just has to do that. It doesn't cost them anything and it might generate more income for the Vale.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Correct.  What should’ve happened with this scheme was that Junior Valiants should have to claim a free match ticket by say close of play Thursday (for Saturday games).  Any not claimed would then go on general sale.  Not perfect but better than what’s currently in place.

On 12/05/2022 at 19:12, Valiant in Brum said:
On 12/05/2022 at 13:26, Fosse69 said:
It was to protect Port Vale from being evicted from the ground so it could be used for other purposes, always two sides to a coin.

I see that and yes it had its purpose. However is no longer necissary.

Wouldn't seem to be necessary with the current owners - but how long will they be here? That's an unknowable, so it would seem sensible to let it stand?

I'd be very disappointed if we left Vale Park, just because of personal memories with my dad and uncle who've both passed away. From first being taken to VP aged 7, by my mum, I've coming up to 60 years memories of this ground and the games we've seen.  But, I accept that a new stadium would be tailor-built to the needs of the club, and there wouldn't the difficulties there are now in making meaningful improvements. I do think, however, that upgrading season after season, depending on priorities and available funding, is a more likely way to go forward - bite-sized and affordable chunks...like relaying the pitch...would be less disruptive than a move to a new stadium. Just my opinion, of course, but I do hope the Shanahans keep us at Vale Park!

59 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I'd be very disappointed if we left Vale Park, just because of personal memories with my dad and uncle who've both passed away. From first being taken to VP aged 7, by my mum, I've coming up to 60 years memories of this ground and the games we've seen.  But, I accept that a new stadium would be tailor-built to the needs of the club, and there wouldn't the difficulties there are now in making meaningful improvements. I do think, however, that upgrading season after season, depending on priorities and available funding, is a more likely way to go forward - bite-sized and affordable chunks...like relaying the pitch...would be less disruptive than a move to a new stadium. Just my opinion, of course, but I do hope the Shanahans keep us at Vale Park!

Tranmere believe a move to a new stadium in the Wirral docklands area is needed to progress as a club to Championship level. But that will take many years / into a decade to happen if it comes off. Vale Park and Prenton Park are of similar real capacity. Tranmere could demolish their very old main stand and rebuild with more commerciality but aren't going to do so. 

So I think to justify doing something really significant requires a new stadium with a big increase in potential commercial income and matchday income. And replacing a single stand doesn't achieve that. 

At a higher level Everton have a great old stadium at Goodison Park. But it's capacity is circa 40-45k. Liverpool will shortly be at 62k in 2023. They lose that income difference from attending fans. Plus Goodison Park has very little ability for off field commercial income generation. So a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock is in construction. This will initially hold 52k and can be further developed to 62k. 

Tranmere have to live in the dynamic of Liverpool and Everton. Many Tranmere fans support another larger club. In Port Vale's case there is Stoke City. But the real limitation is that Stoke on Trent is a small city to have two league clubs. Add Newcastle Under Lyme of course. Growth depends on causing more young fans to support Port Vale and a higher proportion of the population to regularly come to football. 

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

Tranmere believe a move to a new stadium in the Wirral docklands area is needed to progress as a club to Championship level. But that will take many years / into a decade to happen if it comes off. Vale Park and Prenton Park are of similar real capacity. Tranmere could demolish their very old main stand and rebuild with more commerciality but aren't going to do so. 

So I think to justify doing something really significant requires a new stadium with a big increase in potential commercial income and matchday income. And replacing a single stand doesn't achieve that. 

At a higher level Everton have a great old stadium at Goodison Park. But it's capacity is circa 40-45k. Liverpool will shortly be at 62k in 2023. They lose that income difference from attending fans. Plus Goodison Park has very little ability for off field commercial income generation. So a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock is in construction. This will initially hold 52k and can be further developed to 62k. 

Tranmere have to live in the dynamic of Liverpool and Everton. Many Tranmere fans support another larger club. In Port Vale's case there is Stoke City. But the real limitation is that Stoke on Trent is a small city to have two league clubs. Add Newcastle Under Lyme of course. Growth depends on causing more young fans to support Port Vale and a higher proportion of the population to regularly come to football. 

With respect - I don't care what Tranmere and Everton want / do! Also, a well thought out / designed upgrade to any of the stands should increase potential income. It's all moot, anyway, as Carol has said we're not leaving...which is fine by me!

Archived