• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Vale Park Capacity

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

The big difference is  the time available  in the close season, could the clay be removed, replaced with sand and then seeded, or would it have to be turved, whereas a  new ground would have time for a seed and plastic grid system. Speedy is the expert as well as a chap in the Railway Paddock.

Hard to say without knowing the work involved.  Other clubs have done it during the close season.  Maybe some tie up with Keith Brymer Jones could be arranged for the clay….😬

Advert:

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

perhaps stoke on trent city council will give us some money!!!!!!!!!!!! 😄😁😉🤪:drink: 

More chance of being awarded a penalty 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Hard to say without knowing the work involved.  Other clubs have done it during the close season.  Maybe some tie up with Keith Brymer Jones could be arranged for the clay….😬

I always thought that the land by the A500 across from Wolstanton Retail Park would have been an ideal place for a new ground development and if we hadn't Brexited we could have got EU money from the regional development fund!

Apologies if this has been suggested before……..but can’t we finish the concourse in the Lorne street and allocate that part of the stand to away supporters. Then we can have both the Hamil and Bycars ends. 

• Like 5

Advert:

14 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I always thought that the land by the A500 across from Wolstanton Retail Park would have been an ideal place for a new ground development and if we hadn't Brexited we could have got EU money from the regional development fund!

Ideal?  What’s there that makes it ideal apart from good road links?  Sorry but it’s too much of a blank canvas, exactly what we don’t want, a stadium remote from pretty much everything.

16 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

That was part of the Garden Festival site wasnt it? At the time it was a cracking option for a new ground to be sited. If my ever decreasing memory serves me right was it not "mooted" for a large site suitable for a massive stadium that could double as a "Wembley of the North?" 

Apologies if this has been suggested before……..but can’t we finish the concourse in the Lorne street and allocate that part of the stand to away supporters. Then we can have both the Hamil and Bycars ends. 
I think the unused part of the Lorne street is destined to be the family stand with adjoining children's area. Which when you think about it, makes sense to make the Hamil the home end. You wouldn't want away fans right next to a family area.
  • Like 1

I think Burslem would die (even more than it already has) if we moved away form VP. It may be a bit of a shithole but there's something special about the mothertown and I never want us to leave it, even for all the mod cons in the world.

• Like 1

I think the unused part of the Lorne street is destined to be the family stand with adjoining children's area. Which when you think about it, makes sense to make the Hamil the home end. You wouldn't want away fans right next to a family area.
Makes sense to keep rowdy away fans away from modern toilets

• Like 1

Advert:

46 minutes ago, connor hackett said:
55 minutes ago, Chopper Harris said:

Maybe they could make the Bycars the new family stand? 

It is a present, not a very appealing match day experience in there at the moment. If its used for a home end it desperately needs a revamp, however if its an away end, I'd be tempted leave it how it is. The Lorne street is much more modern and the Children's area which the foundation use on match days adjoins it.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Ideal?  What’s there that makes it ideal apart from good road links?  Sorry but it’s too much of a blank canvas, exactly what we don’t want, a stadium remote from pretty much everything.

I was thinking a new stadium would be part of the development of that whole brownfield site. I’d rather stay at VP though. 

42 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Talking about New Stadia has anyone seem Yorks. Noticing multi coloured seats are all the trend atm.

@Gallifreyan Valiant  yep -interesting to see the rationale for the move. 

York City's managing director Jason McGill cited "the annual cost of the maintenance and upkeep of a 1932 stadium with few commercial and income-generating opportunities" as the reason for the continued need to move to a new stadium

The stadium was partially funded by grants and money (millions according to local press) from the local council although it fair to say the club also raised a fair bit through the sale of Bootham Crescent to housing (something with the sporting covenant it wouldn't be possible for Vale to do).

It's also has a community hub attached to the stadium site. 

A community hub houses health and well-being services for York residents and visitors, including clinical services, an independent living assessment centre and a library

Advert:

On 10/05/2022 at 21:21, Chopper Harris said:

I'd be completely against that personally. If the club is to continue and hopefully grow we need to have new, young fans coming into the club. If you're going to do that properly you need to give them the best facilities in the ground not some of the worst. 

The club have (rightly in my view) said that the new part of the Lorne St should be the new family area with some dedicated family things (I would imagine that would include competitions, meet and greets with the players, a kid-friendly refreshment area, Boomer doing the rounds and so on). I think that's the sort of thing you need to encourage younger fans. In contrast I've been in the Bycars with my kids and it comes across as an "after-thought" which isn't what you want children to think the club thinks about them.

• Like 1

@Gallifreyan Valiant  yep -interesting to see the rationale for the move. 
York City's managing director Jason McGill cited "the annual cost of the maintenance and upkeep of a 1932 stadium with few commercial and income-generating opportunities" as the reason for the continued need to move to a new stadium
The stadium was partially funded by grants and money (millions according to local press) from the local council although it fair to say the club also raised a fair bit through the sale of Bootham Crescent to housing (something with the sporting covenant it wouldn't be possible for Vale to do).
It's also has a community hub attached to the stadium site. 
A community hub houses health and well-being services for York residents and visitors, including clinical services, an independent living assessment centre and a library
The sporting covenant was something that made me uncomfertable at the time for the very reasom if we evee decided to do this we can't sell it for say a housing development supermarket etc.

28 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

The sporting covenant was something that made me uncomfertable at the time for the very reasom if we evee decided to do this we can't sell it for say a housing development supermarket etc.

It was to protect Port Vale from being evicted from the ground so it could be used for other purposes, always two sides to a coin.