onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

What goes around comes around v Salford if you went that match you cannot tell me with honest heart that we did not deserve a hatful first half then you do not understand football at all we were excellent in the main .

Do not be surprised on Tues if Garrity burst past 3 players and smashes one in he nearly did it v Salford in fact it would have being a marvelous goal as he was that positive it was brilliant and even though we lost mainly because we gave them a goal I enjoyed our first half efforts immensely .

Let's hope we have better fortune this coming Tues I think we will .

UTV 

Advert

Who knows?  Crazy division this where anyone can beat anyone. All down on the day to players mindsets, tactics and that old thing called luck. FGR will NOT be taking this game lightly. Let's give  us Valiants a night to remember.  Most of us, I believe would not be averse to a point. After all these are streaking away with it. I hope our squad give it all they can.  Don't lose, keep the run and our confidence/ fitness continuing and then onto Salford.

The mantra for me is Attack , Attack , Attack . We nearly did a premiership side over by attacking them . Get the wing backs  high  and stick it to FGR 
It's all well and good saying that, but it's not going to happen. DC has clearly gone back to basics to make us more difficult to beat, like he did last season. If we go a goal down, he'll change it, but I can see a very cagey first half at least, hoping to nick a goal

I think that 0-0 at Orient felt like the 0-0 at Carlisle, a steady building block that we build on each week. It feels like the start of a new season, and we look much tighter at the back again. Honestly I can see us conceding very few goals from now until the end of the season, it’s just the other end. We haven’t been beaten from pillar to post by anyone yet and I don’t think that will happen on Tuesday. I’m confident that we are starting a run again and will quietly cement ourselves back in the playoffs. They won’t want to come to Vale Park and if we set up right I wouldn’t be surprised to win it. I think we’ll go back to 3 in the middle and Pett will come back in. We need to find our best 11 and keep playing it as far as injuries allow because even when we’ve had a relatively open options we don’t seem to have settled on that.

come on Vale.

19 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Start on the front foot and play like we can.

Vale 2 FG 1

Play like we did against Warsaw and yesterday.

Vale 0 FG 6

Come on Vale part 2 of this season starts Tuesday night. !!!!

I agree. We’re not talking about Man City, Brentford, Rotherham or even Burton here, we’re talking FGR who, with all due respect are still a L2 team (albeit seemingly a very good one).

The problem is that we are just not very good at the moment. We are disjointed and have no actual pattern of play because we lack ball carriers throughout the team, in all three areas.

In my opinion we will therefore have to make it uncomfortable for them, be physical and maybe make it a stop-start game before trying to work our way into it. 

I think we’ll see….

Holy 

Smith-Martin-Hall

Worrall-Pett-Garrity-Walker-Hussey

Wilson-Cooper

To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t bring Charsley in for Garrity who I thought was poor at times yesterday, particularly in terms of his use of the ball which he treated like a hot potato whenever it came near him. Maybe he might actually be better as a foil for Wilson given he does have a goal in him?

From FGR’s perspective, these types of games tend to go one of two ways. Either they follow up with another high scoring win ( I seem to remember us spanking Cardiff 6-1 and Chesterfield 5-0 in consecutive games and Fulham are a good demo this season) or it’s a case of ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ and they put in shocker. From our perspective, let’s hope it’s the latter as a win really could reignite our season.

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Only lost twice all season. 

We are one of only two teams to beat them

We should be the ones full of confidence. 

Emile, a lot of water has passed down the Trent and Mersey since then. Be interesting to see how many team changes there have been in the starting elevens, for the two games. But I admire your enthusiasm 👍

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I agree. We’re not talking about Man City, Brentford, Rotherham or even Burton here, we’re talking FGR who, with all due respect are still a L2 team (albeit seemingly a very good one).

The problem is that we are just not very good at the moment. We are disjointed and have no actual pattern of play because we lack ball carriers throughout the team, in all three areas.

In my opinion we will therefore have to make it uncomfortable for them, be physical and maybe make it a stop-start game before trying to work our way into it. 

I think we’ll see….

Holy 

Smith-Martin-Hall

Worrall-Pett-Garrity-Walker-Hussey

Wilson-Cooper

To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t bring Charsley in for Garrity who I thought was poor at times yesterday, particularly in terms of his use of the ball which he treated like a hot potato whenever it came near him. Maybe he might actually be better as a foil for Wilson given he does have a goal in him?

From FGR’s perspective, these types of games tend to go one of two ways. Either they follow up with another high scoring win ( I seem to remember us spanking Cardiff 6-1 and Chesterfield 5-0 in consecutive games and Fulham are a good demo this season) or it’s a case of ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ and they put in shocker. From our perspective, let’s hope it’s the latter as a win really could reignite our season.

Cooper hey I'm hearing good things about that lad .

Good post that however if we sit in the changing room worrying about them and putting everyone behind the ball and playing like the away team we will do ourselves a disservice,

The bit about Garrity I find strange the lads brilliant I see goals for him in coming matches if you saw that run he did v Salford you would understand that he is most definitely the first name on the team sheet .

He is a class act in his work on and off the ball .

Let's hope the home support bring a irregular on Tues And most importantly use there voice in a encouraging way .

If Oldham can score 5 on there pudding pitch v them hopes eternal .

Be positive 

UTV 

Free hit of a game… the world and his dog expects us to get steamrolled.

More concerned about the reaction of the Mouthbreathers if they are right.

Let’s hope our pitch is a bit of a leveller against their style… I was wondering whether DC brining it up twice in an interview after a win was to get into their mangers head?!

Cooper looked well lively yesterday, causing no end of trouble in 10 minutes. I wonder though where we would fit him in our system. Would he replace Amoo on the left even tho he seemed to be predominately on the right yesterday. If on the right, seems strange if ahead of wozza. As said before Wilson likes to drop off rather than be a target man. So could we see Edmondson wilson Cooper front line with Edmondson being the battering ram. Would like to see that, but equally love to see young Harratt busying himself. 

I genuinely think when the front line click back in we are going give someone a right battering

7 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Cooper looked well lively yesterday, causing no end of trouble in 10 minutes. I wonder though where we would fit him in our system. Would he replace Amoo on the left even tho he seemed to be predominately on the right yesterday. If on the right, seems strange if ahead of wozza. As said before Wilson likes to drop off rather than be a target man. So could we see Edmondson wilson Cooper front line with Edmondson being the battering ram. Would like to see that, but equally love to see young Harratt busying himself. 

I genuinely think when the front line click back in we are going give someone a right battering

Tell you what we’re missing. We’re missing the link up play that saw us work the ball into great positions when we were scoring goals and playing well - passages of play from the wing back, forward, midfielder and back to the wingback who had got into the box. Have a look back at a good proration of our goals before Dec and we just aren’t playing in the final third like we were when gibbo and Worrall were working angles between Pett, conlon, proctor and Wilson. 

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Tell you what we’re missing. We’re missing the link up play that saw us work the ball into great positions when we were scoring goals and playing well - passages of play from the wing back, forward, midfielder and back to the wingback who had got into the box. Have a look back at a good proration of our goals before Dec and we just aren’t playing in the final third like we were when gibbo and Worrall were working angles between Pett, conlon, proctor and Wilson. 

Yeah I agree completely- the amount of chances/goals we scored from wingbacks cutting the ball back from the touchline, all worked from the triangles of passing to circumvent opposition midfielders. When we were on song it was beautiful to watch wasn't it. I think Darrell is right though at present in making us harder to beat. Whatever the result on Tuesday, it will be a great benchmark for where we are at present

14 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

From what i saw yesterday then i wouldn't mind if Cooper replaced Amoo because being honest i cant see Amoo being here next season and there is every chance we can get Cooper imo(if he proves to be worth it of course)

Archived