Match Thread: Port Vale v Forest Green Rovers

Fosse69

Advert:

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Chucking a 20 year old who has 45 minutes of senior football and having never trained with his teammates, into a crucial game against the runaway leaders is a really brave move.

Then again, if he's good enough, then let him play. Just think it'll be a massive challenge for a lad who has been playing youth football all his life and will need directions to the dressing room tonight.

Harratts first game was against brentford😁👍

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Big night no motivation needed already beat them.

Get into them .

Show us how good you are Vale .

Belief in one another and pride in the shirt .

Team well its irrelevant really choose 11 who are going crawl off the pitch because they have given so much .

Bring on the best team league in the league  

Show respect but do not go play  within yourselves because you are scared be brave 

Shoot when have opportunity and work on clever set pieces that you may have never have tried before .

Use your brain but more importantly Show heart .

Railway stand and paddock lads and lasses give it everything .

Come on Vale 

One of these days DC should get you in to gee up the players before a game with your passion. I wouldn’t want you picking the team though😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Could this be one of those special Vale Park nights?  Everything on paper appears to be against us: our own squad still bedding-in after all the changes (and injuries) to personnel, opponents who are winning the league at a canter, winning games on the bounce and almost scoring at will!

Many times PV struggles to impose themselves on lower position clubs, but occasionally we do rise to the occasion agianst top-end sides--could this be one of those occasions?  Please, please, please....can't wait.......come on the Vale!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Not sure what Harratts done wrong? 

I'm with you on that @johnjeffersfanclub I know Edmondson was energetic on Saturday but Harratt's the one whose scored two goals already and hit the post on Saturday. For me, he's a much greater goal threat and that's what we need upfront.

• Like 2

Advert:

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Proctor was back on the training pitches a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him randomly in the starting line up. Crafty cat is Dazzler.

• Like 2

Right! Arrived in Stoke after a 5:5 hour journey as M5 was shut between J29-28 due to an accident!

So fired up for tonight and hope we perform? Hope the wind and the pitch helps us along.

For me, replace Amoo and a personnel change in midfield from Saturday. Defence as was, and expect as always 100% effort.

Feeling substitutions will play a part and hopefully end with a good result!

Pint before the game and hopefully, celebration after it!

Enjoy it everyone. VTID

• Like 9

Will forest green fancy it on a cold wet windy night in boslem
Will we? Not bothered if they are. First and foremost we have to be. I could be wrong but I don't believe we've won at home in a midweek league game this season, nor scored in one?

Advert:

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

Chucking a 20 year old who has 45 minutes of senior football and having never trained with his teammates, into a crucial game against the runaway leaders is a really brave move.

Then again, if he's good enough, then let him play. Just think it'll be a massive challenge for a lad who has been playing youth football all his life and will need directions to the dressing room tonight.

harratt v brentford?

Edited by geoff1
spelling

1 hour ago, Dangermouse3 said:

Right! Arrived in Stoke after a 5:5 hour journey as M5 was shut between J29-28 due to an accident!

So fired up for tonight and hope we perform? Hope the wind and the pitch helps us along.

For me, replace Amoo and a personnel change in midfield from Saturday. Defence as was, and expect as always 100% effort.

Feeling substitutions will play a part and hopefully end with a good result!

Pint before the game and hopefully, celebration after it!

Enjoy it everyone. VTID

Enjoy mate. Safe trip home later with 3 points in the bag.

• Like 5

I think most would agree that we shouldn’t have lost against Rochdale, Walsall & Salford. Those 9 missed points would have seen us in second spot. If that were the case we would be saying bring on FGR tonight and let’s show what we are made of. Well forget the 9 points and come out with the same positivity. 

Advert:

20 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I think most would agree that we shouldn’t have lost against Rochdale, Walsall & Salford. Those 9 missed points would have seen us in second spot. If that were the case we would be saying bring on FGR tonight and let’s show what we are made of. Well forget the 9 points and come out with the same positivity. 

Add to that Sutton and Oldham 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jeffers said:

No idea but add Mason Greenwood to the list.

Not sure if McKirdy should be mentioned in the same breathe as Greenwood. Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1