Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

I’m tempted to advocate Worrall Politic and Amoo as a front 3, but who’s going to hold the ball up? It would be a divergence if tactics and formation that I can’t see happening midweek with such a short turnaround. Though Amoo is faster and stronger than Rodney, so it would make do until Proctor returns.

• Like 1

Team for me tues judging on reports of yesterday's dreadful loss .
Covalan
Cass Smith Jones
Worrall Gibbons
Walker Garrity Pett
Conlon
Amoo
Get about the pitch get the <edit> in them
Walker and Garrity can play get Conlon up the pitch in a free role where he can put Amoo in who seems to me like the forward who wants get in there and win football matches for the Vale
Walker and Garrity to give extra protection to them at the backwhile in my opinion having a range of workrate and passing to make sure nothing sloppy is going in at our end find especially with Garrity and Pett they work along with Gibbo the hardest when the opposition have the ball breaking up play helping Vale get on the ball .
If going bring anyone on only Politic for one of the wide halfs .
Smith back on contest everything but hopefully we will not be breached .
Get the game won and well .
I'm not giving reasons for dropping certain players I'm just going on what I've read on Oldham match thread .
On reading long term absentees from Vale park supporters who ain't been for years are coming back I do not want us start making them think Here we go again ,do make sure your bang up for it players and keep them coming .
UTV

• Like 1

Rodney is a winger as part of a front three and will never be a striker. As soon as people realise that the better. 

His biggest attribute is pace which he can utilise far more as a winger. He offers a hell of a lot more in wide positions. He doesn’t have the technical ability and intelligence to be a striker. 

He can’t head a ball, he can’t hold the ball up and he’s hardly a finisher is he? Get him out wide and just tell him to attack the full back.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Because you post so much <ovf censored>

At least you actually made the effort to post something. I knew you were capable if you put your mind to it. Next you'll be telling me you've learned to tie your own shoe laces.

Edited by Beech
  • Haha 1

Can't believe we got so many wanting to ditch the formation that has served us so well this season.  We have had two games in Bradford and Oldham where for me we have played some really good stuff and it has been basic errors that have cost us, nothing to do with the formation.  If Smith kicks the ball into the Railway Paddock last week, we win the game, yesterday, all 3 goals came from us not clearing set pieces, nothing to do with the formation.  I never felt any danger yesterday at all from open play and we created a lot going forward, better finishing and we win that game no problem.  You would not see Klopp or Guardioala going away from what has worked for them if they suffer a small blip.  We used 3 at the back virtually all the way through that run last season and this season and people want to change and go 4 at the back. 

• Like 4

Can't believe we got so many wanting to ditch the formation that has served us so well this season.  We have had two games in Bradford and Oldham where for me we have played some really good stuff and it has been basic errors that have cost us, nothing to do with the formation.  If Smith kicks the ball into the Railway Paddock last week, we win the game, yesterday, all 3 goals came from us not clearing set pieces, nothing to do with the formation.  I never felt any danger yesterday at all from open play and we created a lot going forward, better finishing and we win that game no problem.  You would not see Klopp or Guardioala going away from what has worked for them if they suffer a small blip.  We used 3 at the back virtually all the way through that run last season and this season and people want to change and go 4 at the back. 
442 is the answer to all problems. You don't concede, you score loads, and never lose. Just like we clear every high ball/cross with Legge in the side. And these are the same people who only at the end of last season were saying that Legge can't play in a back 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 1 said:

I’m tempted to advocate Worrall Politic and Amoo as a front 3, but who’s going to hold the ball up? It would be a divergence if tactics and formation that I can’t see happening midweek with such a short turnaround. Though Amoo is faster and stronger than Rodney, so it would make do until Proctor returns.

Amoo held the ball up well yesterday 

• Like 1