onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Advert

11 hours ago, Joe B said:

We really can lose. We very well may do. League 2 football is weird and this will be a fairly frenetic game. Sometimes the balls bounces the wrong way for you.

We're a good side, and I'll be very disappointed if we lose tomorrow, but we can lose and if we do, it won't be the end of the season. 

We'll still be top 7, with our main strikers to come back, a serial promotion-winner in the dugout and the Matrix preparing for January, supported by the best owner in the country.

I'd really love a win, but try and avoid stressing too much about a game in November when there is still nearly 30 games to play. It'll be a fun game. If we lose just stay off Twitter for a couple of days till it quietens down.

What you’re saying makes total sense and long term I know for absolute certain the two clubs are going in different directions that a one-off match up won’t impact. But then another part of me just keeps saying I would love this for Darrell and our fans. The good thing is I think this crop of players will be inspired by the added spice, not just turn up.

36 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Why on earth would anybody willingly drop Garrity? He gives us drive from midfield that no other player does and has been largely excellent this season. Beggars belief to me

I’ve changed my mind on that to be fair. Walker on to sure it up if we get ahead, but Garrity to start, he’s up for it I’m sure.

7 hours ago, philmpv said:

Why on earth would anybody willingly drop Garrity? He gives us drive from midfield that no other player does and has been largely excellent this season. Beggars belief to me

Because Taylor can do everything that Garrity does and has more quality, a better range of passing and is more creative. Garrity has his moments but is anonymous for long periods of time. Taylor has the ability to play in Lge 1 if not higher, Garrity is a Lge 2 footballer.

Jake Taylor needs a run of 3 or 4 starts as it's tough to come on for the last 10-15 minutes and impress but he has played some excellent passes when he has come on as a sub.

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Because Taylor can do everything that Garrity does and has more quality, a better range of passing and is more creative. Garrity has his moments but is anonymous for long periods of time. Taylor has the ability to play in Lge 1 if not higher, Garrity is a Lge 2 footballer.

Jake Taylor needs a run of 3 or 4 starts as it's tough to come on for the last 10-15 minutes and impress but he has played some excellent passes when he has come on as a sub.

Taylor is too lightweight. Good footballer but too nice to be a success for me.

OK to play when we are winning and dominant over teams but when we may need to battle and work hard its not for him.

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I don’t see Taylor starting whilst Conlon is in the side. 

Taylor is too lightweight. Good footballer but too nice to be a success for me.
OK to play when we are winning and dominant over teams but when we may need to battle and work hard its not for him.

I agree. It seems that with Taylor out of the side he has suddenly become Iniesta. He's a decent footballer but I wouldn't say he's a must have to throw in.

Taylor should come on for Conlon not Garrity or Pett ,yes Conlons a decent player but he does tend to when not at it be anonymous.
We need a big performance on and off the pitch tonight for Darryl Clark who as being mostly excellent in the job he is doing so far in his reign, the last two games substitutions haven't gone for him but other than than mainly superb management of games thus far , I so do hope the fans turn out tonight there should be a edge I love when it's like that .
Be there and get behind every player even the ones who are not at it give them encouragement to better there motivation .
I see a 4 -0 win
GARRITY Amoo 2 and Gibbons with the goals how about that for positivity
UTV do it for the top man who said
WE All VALE AiNT we.
Indeed we are thrash the red and white tonight .
COME ON Vale.

Well today is going to be tackles flying in left right and centre, so I'd rather have Garrity running himself into the ground, putting his body on the line than Taylor this evening.
Garrity I think has the workrate of 3 players no wonder Darryl takes him off ,
I'd love it if scored a home goal tonight he deserves it he puts the hard yards in gamely .
I know Conlon scores some smashing goals but give me Pett Walker and Garritys desire to win the ball back everytime over finesse .
Taylor if you going bring him on give him a free role behind Lloyd in my opinion that means you have to change the system but you can see the lad has that killer ball in him but to bring him on in Garritys place v Bradford and Oldham well in my opinion was bizarre to say the least and gave both sides a lift neither deserved .

Archived