Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Spot on. Need some prime shithousing from Nathan Smith tonight, if our two main forwards are both out injured then it’s only fair they go down to 10 early on. 

Right into Labadie. He is a calamity when it comes to discipline. Prime Gazprom antics with some Smithy shirt pulls please. Give Gibbons some vallium pre-game so he doesn't kill anyone. 

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

I’m pretty hopeful we’ll bounce back tonight. Nothing have seen of us under DC tells me we will retreat into our shells after a minor setback like Saturday. Would also note that we are just better than Walsall player for player.

Someone needs to get a grip on Labadie though. Seen enough of what he’s like down the years to know what he will be up to all game. Hopefully someone can feign getting elbowed in the face off him or something like that and get him sent off. I’ve seen it mentioned about Garrity or Taylor, for me I’d be looking at Brad Walker instead to add some size just with tonight in mind.

A bland Tuesday night fixture seems to be getting a bit spicy. Some of the Twitter threads from walsall fans, sound like they want to hang Clarke. Which is peculiar, because they were saying at the time, they were over the moon he'd left. I can see it trouble coming on and off the pitch. Just hope our Knuckle dragging element don't drag the clubs name through the mud again. They seem to be treating this as their biggest game of the season, hope were up for it tonight.

7 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

A bland Tuesday night fixture seems to be getting a bit spicy. Some of the Twitter threads from walsall fans, sound like they want to hang Clarke. Which is peculiar, because they were saying at the time, they were over the moon he'd left. I can see it trouble coming on and off the pitch. Just hope our Knuckle dragging element don't drag the clubs name through the mud again. They seem to be treating this as their biggest game of the season, hope were up for it tonight.

Genuinely grateful they have handled the whole affair so poorly. This was a forgettable, cold game otherwise. Should be an entertaining game.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Advert:

Its a bit of a circus we could do without to be honest with you, I don't really get the anger Walsall have had about it that's so much they've doubled their standard away following to us for it, they moaned he was crap then hate him for ditching them to come Vale! Guess the bigger following pays off some of the compo money mind.

It didn't work out there, he's come to us and is so far doing an exceptional job so surely good for both parties.

We just need to not get caught up in it, play our own game and just defend better than Saturday, its Walsall's gripe not ours so no reason for us to go over the top on it and just do our job on the night.

• Like 2

Just looking at Walsall from afar I think that owner of theirs has definite Smurthwaite type tendencies. They are still at the stage where some of them are still buying whatever comes out of his mouth though. So good luck with that.

DC was actually pretty good there overall in any case so it’s just bitterness from some of them. He had them in playoff contention before leaving and even going back to the season before that was cut short when we played them at the Bescot they were on a good run then and looked a very decent team against us.

Advert:

I seem to remember Ashley Westwood went down like he'd been shot against Griff a few minutes into a Crewe Vale derby game. It took the sting right out of the game and gave us a booking straight from the kick-off for a player involved in all the action. I thought he was a little <ovf censored> at the time but now looking back it was inspired. Something similar would really have them confused. 

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

I seem to remember Ashley Westwood went down like he'd been shot against Griff a few minutes into a Crewe Vale derby game. It took the sting right out of the game and gave us a booking straight from the kick-off for a player involved in all the action. I thought he was a little <ovf censored> at the time but now looking back it was inspired. Something similar would really have them confused. 

Do do do do do do, Lucas Covalan. 

Advert:

Just another game for me. I was more excited for the Oldham game than I am this one. I don’t know one Walsall fan and have never perceived them as a rival. 

My worry is that whenever we overstate a game or hype it up we always fall short. It happened against Bradford and again at Oldham. 

What do we think the home crowd will be? The Oldham loss probably knocked a good few hundred off it. 

I think a red card tonight is nailed on. Both sets of players should be right at it & I can see some of the Walsall players getting a bit excited with their biggest away following of the season.

Just hope we keep our discipline & don't do anything daft to jeapordise the chance of 3 points.