Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

Fosse69

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Funny you should say that as someone was saying around me when we went 2-1 down that it was just like watching an Askey team again and then followed it up when a ball went into the box where is Pope when you need him

The similarities are frightening. How i wish we still had mills and whitehead on the pitch feeding theo and Guthrie😂😂

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

At this moment in time all i can say is wow....that is the best ending and atmosphere i have witnessed for a fair few years at Vale and finally we have a manager with passion and a manager who knows tactically how to win games,just witness his celebration when the 3rd went him............sorry and i will tell the mrs but i love DC i do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beech said:

Until we sign a striker that can put the ball in the net without having 10 chances every game, we'll go nowhere fast. The writing was on the wall the moment we only went in 1-0 up at half-time. <ovf censored> <ovf censored>.

I know we get frustrated during a game especially when we concede but considering we had won 4 in 5 before this i think it was,to say we will go nowhere was a tad ott me owd fruit

Anyway onwards and upwards with DC,he will take us out of this rotten league dunner fret

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

That just shows that winning 1-0 away bottom of the table means sod all. Swindon had an off day when we beat them. We are so inconsistent to the point where I think we are on the wrong side of average.

Again some comments during games do amaze me,maybe it's just me

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

He likes us.

Bloody hell! Sounds like he never expected anything from the game and was playing Bayern Munich. Never heard a manager so little disappointed after losing 2 goals in extra time to lose a game. 

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know we get frustrated during a game especially when we concede but considering we had won 4 in 5 before this i think it was,to say we will go nowhere was a tad ott me owd fruit

Anyway onwards and upwards with DC,he will take us out of this rotten league dunner fret

I think most people would have been feeling very different had we lost this game 1-2, which were were a few minutes from doing so. Missing chances left, right and centre will bite you on the arse more often than not. We should never have been in a position to lose the game against Rochdale but we did. I still think we're missing a goal-poacher. But also accept that they aren't easy to find, and they usually cost a bit of money. But as frustrating as it can be I'd be much more worried if we weren't creating chance after chance than I would be if we weren't creating enough.