Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Very very tough game today.

They have won 9 and drawn 3 of their last 14 games which I think puts them top of any form table. 4 points off top with a game in hand. Won their last 4 and just signed Nugent to partner Vaughn up front.

Would be ecstatic with a draw but can’t see it.

Lets hope all those that refused to praise Pugh for beating bad sides take Tranmere's form into account if it doesnt go well today.

I won’t hold my breath 😂

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

Advert:

They have won 9 and drawn 3 of their last 14 games which I think puts them top of any form table. 4 points off top with a game in hand. Won their last 4 and just signed Nugent to partner Vaughn up front.
Lets hope all those that refused to praise Pugh for beating bad sides take Tranmere's form into account if it doesnt go well today.
I won’t hold my breath
Let's be fair, even if we were to win the rabble would claim it "lucky".

18 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:
I won’t hold my breath emoji23.png

Let's be fair, even if we were to win the rabble would claim it "lucky".

Do you ever stop condescendingly whinging about other fans? Change the fcking record. 

• Like 3

Talking to a mate who is a Tranmere fan who reckons they should be at full strength. Interestingly he says they have played their last 3 games against teams who ended up with only  10 men. Hope we are aware of that especially after our game against them and our sending off that turned the game. First objective keep 11 players on the pitch, would take a draw now.

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

That’s because our players don’t roll around on the floor after every tackle or surround the referee waving their arms around 

Admirable but costly!

The Southend tackle last week for example, didn’t make enough. The Tranmere bloke when Joyce fouled him was like he’d been shot.

Need to be more streetwise been saying it for years when we moan at clubs doing it.

13 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Talking to a mate who is a Tranmere fan who reckons they should be at full strength. Interestingly he says they have played their last 3 games against teams who ended up with only  10 men. Hope we are aware of that especially after our game against them and our sending off that turned the game. First objective keep 11 players on the pitch, would take a draw now.

Yes .I agree . ((Well Said.  Come on the Vale ))   Need a Win today . 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

First thing I do these days ahead of the game is to look up who the officials are, it's got so bad. Today we have the inestimable Alan Young who has doled out on average more than four yellows per game, though only two reds in 18 games. Still, you never know, he might make up for it today.

As you say, first objective, keep 11 players on the pitch though I guess we will see them kick lumps out of Rodney if last week is anything to go by. 

These days referees seem to have more of an influence than ever. And more useless. Or perhaps it's me getting older and more cynical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert: