Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

I was there when Rob Page stood in for Micky and L̶o̶f̶t̶ Lines I think scored a great free kick at their end. Did we win that 1-0 i can't remember much else 🍻

Edited by WV

I was there when Rob Page stood in for Micky and L̶o̶f̶t̶ Lines I think scored a great free kick at their end. Did we win that 1-0 i can't remember much else

Won 1-0 they had a man sent off first half. Pope missed the penalty and we hit the woodwork a couple of times along with their keeper having a great game and they nearly pinched a point hitting the bar in injury time which would of been a travesty!

Other recent win was 2-1 in 2006 when Goodlad had a worldie as mentioned. Got battered but saw out the win.

Vaughan always scores, I’d take a point although last team we played on a long winning run we beat 6-3!

A good test of how improved we are with the majority of our squad available.

4 points from the next 3 ahead of Stevenage would be acceptable.
  • Thanks 1

On 02/02/2021 at 21:01, Fosse69 said:

A 2-1win for Tranmere tonight against Posh in the Trophy. Tired or boosted for Saturday?

The first 11 bar McDonald (LB) Khan (RB) and Lewis (CM) were at home against Posh, our second 11 played.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, TRFC1992 said:

The first 11 bar McDonald (LB) Khan (RB) and Lewis (CM) were at home against Posh, our second 11 played.

Felt it was a strange question.

If your lads are tired ,5 days after the previous game perhaps they are in the wrong profession. 

26 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Brown 

Monty Crookes Smith Gibbons

Manny Conlon Taylor 

Worrall Guthrie Rodney 

That would be my team if everyone is fit enough. I'll be chuffed if we manage a draw 

Looking at that team, and the team generally, it seems to me that Joyce's role makes it more of a 3-5-3.

Joyce being a deep lying midfielder/ centre back, with two attacking full/ wing backs.

A flat midfield three requires a different strategy.

I’d be going 352 now we have a ball playing cb. 

brown 

gibbo. Smith. Olagunju.Crookes.Monty

Conlon. Worrall. Taylor. 

Guthrie. Rodney. 

Swan possibly in for Guthrie but thought he did well at the weekend. Manny is still in our best 11 but is he ready yet? 

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

brown 

Conlon. Worrall. Taylor. 

Guthrie. Rodney. 

Swan possibly in for Guthrie but thought he did well at the weekend. Manny is still in our best 11 but is he ready yet? 

Agreed. Hopefully the way forward and the solution to the how to replace Joyce conundrum.

Advert:

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

brown 

Conlon. Worrall. Taylor. 

Guthrie. Rodney. 

Why would you take guthrie out he has been a focal point for us since he joined i think hes a must start especially away from home because he can hold the ball up and bring others into play

• Like 1

I reckon we’ll go 433:

Brown 

Gibbo.       Smudge         Crookes.        Monty

Joyce

Taylor.                  Conlon

Wozza.               Guthrie.               Rodney 

Can’t see us going 532 against these.

Eventually, Manni to replace Joyce. Both short and long term. 

No reason why we cannot go positive there ,got a very good feeling about Guthrie in this game he is going net .

Team well it picks itself I suppose although you got to put into the equation Vaughan seems to do well against Smith always so I'd be tempted play the new lad and tell him put him in row X

I think over the course of the season you will see at some point Port Vale reeling off win after win .

So I'm going for a 3-1 win with Guthrie 2 and Swann sticking a fine goal in after the best counter attack you will ever witness 

UTV 

Advert:

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

No reason why we cannot go positive there ,got a very good feeling about Guthrie in this game he is going net .

Team well it picks itself I suppose although you got to put into the equation Vaughan seems to do well against Smith always so I'd be tempted play the new lad and tell him put him in row X

I think over the course of the season you will see at some point Port Vale reeling off win after win .

So I'm going for a 3-1 win with Guthrie 2 and Swann sticking a fine goal in after the best counter attack you will ever witness 

UTV 

Stay positive,stop this Smith vendetta!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Stay positive,stop this Smith vendetta!!!!!!!!

There is no vendetta he as to play well today no doubts about it and I think he will .

I will be watching so I'm looking forwards to seeing Guthrie score his first goal for Vale today no doubt in my mind that having witnessed the home debacle that Port Vale are easily as good as Tranmere if not better with our best 11 available, and today mainly 9 out of best 11 will be playing so I expect see a terrific performance today nothing less a important game because you follow agood performance up with another and another and so on UTV 

• Like 2