Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Even worse, I think you could argue that our best 11 contains 10 players that Askey inherited; Brown Gibbons Legge Smith Clark Oyeleke Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall Add this

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The definition of insanity.

The system and tactics are not working. We are creating next to nothing and leaking chances for fun.

That mix is not a sustainable one to win games of football.

• Like 2

Advert:

Just now, Quebec_Valiant said:

Not deluded at all. Just don’t think that you can put all of this at the managers door.  

I think with Legge and Pope out of the team there could be a shortage of leaders out there today.

I think that is a more likely scenario than the players not wanting to play for the manager, and even if they don’t that shouldn’t be an excuse.  It wouldn’t go down well if I tried that at work.

Not sure why you have to be so negative all the time.  The evenings must fly by at your place.

Jesus wept. What on earth is there to be even the slightly bit remotely positive about!!?!?

Really poor signings. Awful tactics and selections. Awful use of subs. 

Portvale 0-1 kings lynn 

port vale 3-4 tranmere 4

port vale 0-1 Scunthorpe 

newport 1-0 portvale 

Stevenage 1-0 portvale (obviously so far) 

its appauling. We’ve played 3 dire sides there. So far in 4 and a bit games we haven’t even scored from open play. Shambolic. 

• Like 2

Just now, Doha said:

For <ovf censored> sake, stop the wrist cutting Beechy or stick to Anfield. None of that is true now Scumthwaite is gone. Carol isn't daft. 

We'll see in a couple of games time when we're closer to the relegation zone than the play-offs.

1 minute ago, boslemportvale91 said:

This is bad. 

No creativity, no ideas and no passion. 

Boring back passing which leads to hoofing the ball to absolutely no one.

I thought I was reading the Morecambe and Carlisle thread.  😂

I don’t see why anyone is surprised? 

Weve been like this all season. We create literally nothing every game. Have scored about 4 goals from open play. 

Harrogate. Morcambe. Carlisle. Kings lynn. Tranmere. Cambridge. Scunthorpe. Newport. Now this. 

We have been and are awful. 

Advert:

There are too many players on that pitch who are going through the motions. The body language is shocking...

Monty - where is the lad?
Smith - 2 yards off his man at present
Burgess - barely been on the ball
Mckirdy - the lad is running around like a headless chicken, does he know what position he playing? I’ve got no idea
Robinson - we may as well be playing with 10 men, the lad is no where to be seen

We are yards of the pace all over the pitch, they are picking most loose balls up

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Jesus wept. What on earth is there to be even the slightly bit remotely positive about!!?!?

Really poor signings. Awful tactics and selections. Awful use of subs. 

Portvale 0-1 kings lynn 

port vale 3-4 tranmere 4

port vale 0-1 Scunthorpe 

newport 1-0 portvale 

Stevenage 1-0 portvale (obviously so far) 

its appauling. We’ve played 3 dire sides there. So far in 4 and a bit games we haven’t even scored from open play. Shambolic. 

It's okay though someone will chip in with the fact we beat Liverpool under 7's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brisley doesn't play that often, but whenever he comes in for Legge he ends up getting the captain's armband.

What does that say about the leadership qualities of some of the first team regulars?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Lose tonight and fail to win on Saturday and I don't see how Askey keeps his job. But it's Port Vale, a club with little to no ambition, right from the majority of the fans to the cleaners who unblock the players turds from the changing room bogs.

Taxi for Tyler.  Come back when we are winning

• Like 1

Advert:

It is just awful to watch. Besides he score we just look inept, lack fluidity and can already see Stevenage winning this, without us getting anything. 

There is more excitement and energy on this forum, than actually in the game I am watching. 

• Like 1

Just now, Santa said:

Brisley doesn't play that often, but whenever he comes in for Legge he ends up getting the captain's armband.

What does that say about the leadership qualities of some of the first team regulars?

Thought Worrall is captain ?