Match Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't talk rubbish, Tyler.  It's just that I'm considerably older than most of you lot and so I've seen all this before.  That's why I don't think we're going to win the league every time we get three

Even worse, I think you could argue that our best 11 contains 10 players that Askey inherited; Brown Gibbons Legge Smith Clark Oyeleke Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall Add this

Tonight was a culmination of several weeks. We're just, fundamentally, not a playoff side. Yes, we had suspensions and absences. Stevenage had won 4 in 49 before tonight, and 1 so far this s

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Santa said:

Going down with a whimper. That early challenge on Clark set the tone. Stevenage have wanted it more.

And it’s totally put him out of the game because he hasn’t looked up for it, he’s playing safe square balls like a player who doesn’t want to try anything. These want it more all over the pitch. 

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Heres a first TB

I understand what you are saying. The players do not make a good team. We did not strengthen, again, last transfer window. We still have 11 from the very good, excellent, some said, squad. It was not a good squad to start with. He went for two players for every position i think instead of some quality signings to add to last seasons team.

Askey has a lot to answer for but for me the players have their chance tonight and the performance is poor.

Yes we are several players missing and most would be in the first 11 but that says a lot for this shower tonight.

It's football, rightly or wrongly, and sometimes it is unfair, the manager has to be the one to bite the bullet. Some of our players should be ashamed of their performance over the last month or so, that goes without saying. But it's not just the results. Our performances have generally been appalling, and the responsibility for that is down to the manager. I think Askey is someone who can steady a League Two club that's in dire straights, as he did to his credit for us last season, but that's his ceiling. 

Edited by TylerB

Advert:

Just now, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, their manager told them we were there for the taking and they believed him. What did Askey tell our lot?

Guys can you let me have my idiots guide to being a football manager.  Please can I have it back - let you have an easy training day tomorrow if you give me the book back.  I am enjoying the colouring in the football strips.  I am up to the chapter about tactics, formations and how to use subs.  

2 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

And it’s totally put him out of the game because he hasn’t looked up for it, he’s playing safe square balls like a player who doesn’t want to try anything. These want it more all over the pitch. 

Early on in the 1999/2000 relegation season, I remember Tony Butler putting a reducer in (copyright Big Ron) away at Stockport in the first five minutes and going straight in the book. It sort of worked, their French lad didn't want to know the rest of the game.

We still lost.

Edited by Santa

If he doesn't go after the game this evening then I'm sorry, but Carol is a soft touch. You can't lose 5 on the bounce in the league and also make a genuinely terrible side look like they play in a league above you. Enough is enough.

• Thanks 1

Advert: