Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

6 home games left, we need 4 wins and 2 draws to give us a PO chance with some away points as well. Just  a 3 pointer,  a continuation of excellent home form is required. Askey will be expecting nothing less, and revenge for a defeat at their place.   A  few tweaks, apart from any injuries, to contain or exploit the opposition,  with plenty of options on the bench now available are to be expected. Hoping for decent weather, high press play, and 3 goals

• Like 1

These tore us to shreds away from home, with Gillead, Eisa, and Van Veen causing havoc. They've lost Novak who was a spoiler up top but if those 3 are on form it'll be very difficult.

• Thanks 1

Scunthorpes away form from there last 8 away is win 4 drew 1 lost 3. Before that they had only drawn 2 and lost 6 away so there results have improved away. 

I'd put Gibbons in at rb instead of smith. Brisley was limping towards the end of yesterday's game so if he isn't fit then play smith CB. Tough choice to stick with Cullen upfront or go with Pope. 

5 hours ago, geoff1 said:

brown/gibbo.legge/smith/montano/burgess oyleke/joyce/amoo/pope/worall (just a suggestion)

Whilst I respect your opinion, there’s no way that Oyeleke should be starting.  He’s miles off the pace just yet.  A few more appearances from the bench required in my view.

Id also suggest that Brisley has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped.  Ok, if he’s injured then Smudge moves across.  It just looked like a dead leg to me, so, as it’s a free week, I’d expect him to be available for Saturday.

• Like 2

Will JA and Co go for a few changes for this match.  Big decisions to be made on who stays in the starting 11 and who goes out.  At least Brown, Smith, Legge, Joyce and Worrall  knows they will be in the starting 11.

Good luck to them and hopefully we will pick up 3 points.

BROWN

GIBBO

LEGGE

BRISLEY (SMITH IF OUT)

MONTY

TAYLOR

BURGESS

JOYCE

AMOO

CULLEN

WORRALL

Think conlon doesn't deserve to be dropped personally. 

I'd also stick with Cullen up top and resist the urge to put pope straight in. 

• Like 2

Brown 

Gibbons Legge Brisley Montano    

Joyce Taylor 

Amoo       Burgess      Worrall 

Cullen 

Thats my team Cullen stays in even though we improved considerably when Pope entered the fray sat .

But Popey is to used alongside Cullen around the 70 minute mark and I’d like Oyeleke come on around about then also for Taylor .

Gibbons to come back in for Smith and if Brisley cannot make it then Smith moves to his favourite position .

The reason for young Taylor coming in his this game could be decided by a break into the box and I feel he is the man to do it .

Whatever the side the high press needs to be put into action all game .

To get the three points we have to scrap for everything ,the biggest game of the season in my view 

I trust Askey to pick the side who show in training that they want to put in a Colchester at home performance in at home to Scunthorpe who are in a false position by the way they took us apart at  there place

UTV  

Gotta be Smith in for me. Move back to our best defence as it's now available.

Brown - Gibbo Legge Smith Monty - Taylor Joyce Burgess - Amoo Cullen Worrall

Subs - Madison Conlon Brisley Manny Bennett Browne Pope

Why are so many of you keen to drop a centre mid who’s notched 1 goal and 3 excellent assists in his last 4 matches?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why are so many of you keen to drop a centre mid who’s notched 1 goal and 3 excellent assists in his last 4 matches?

It is pretty close for me, both players have been great, but when it comes to playing lower half teams we struggle to break them down sometimes & I think Taylor is one of the few we have that can produce something special out of nowhere. I'm easy with either though, wouldn't bother me to see one or the other on the sheet on Sat.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

It is pretty close for me, both players have been great, but when it comes to playing lower half teams we struggle to break them down sometimes & I think Taylor is one of the few we have that can produce something special out of nowhere. I'm easy with either though, wouldn't bother me to see one or the other on the sheet on Sat.

3 hours ago, Doha said:

because we  are crap armchair managers!!!!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Whilst I respect your opinion, there’s no way that Oyeleke should be starting.  He’s miles off the pace just yet.  A few more appearances from the bench required in my view.

Id also suggest that Brisley has done nothing wrong to warrant being dropped.  Ok, if he’s injured then Smudge moves across.  It just looked like a dead leg to me, so, as it’s a free week, I’d expect him to be available for Saturday.

point taken 

Exciting times at Vale Park. Let’s hope the lads get into them early on Saturday and , in the words of Jack Charlton, put them under pressure all  afternoon. I’d take a 1-0 with the ball going in off  any part of the anatomy. Nervous already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1