Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Scunthorpe United

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Should recall Kennedy now as we need some cover on the bench, if Legge or Smith get sent off or injured who would go in at CB mid game for example?

If Crookes is still a little way off, I wouldn't disagree with that at all. However, if he's nearly there then I guess Crookes would be the natural one to be on the bench. 

• Like 1

Only downside when we're doing well is I'm restless during the week waiting for the next match, constantly checking social media and other clubs forums. 7 days waiting for the next Vale game and another potential step towards promotion is excruciating! 

Really need to be winning Saturday and could do with wins for Plymouth, Carlisle, Crawley, Grimsby and Morecambe with a draw in the Colchester/Cheltenham match. Would see us 6th with a 7 point gap on 9th.

Edited by Doha

9 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Should recall Kennedy now as we need some cover on the bench, if Legge or Smith get sent off or injured who would go in at CB mid game for example?

Who can forget Montys short stint as a left sided centre half in a back 3 under Aspin. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Kennedy should be match fit, he has been playing regularly for Wrexham since Christmas. 

He went off injured Saturday I believe.

56 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am sure Tom Pope could fill in at centre half if necessary...

Maybe he could fill in their centre half if necessary,RZ.

• Haha 2

Only downside when we're doing well is I'm restless during the week waiting for the next match, constantly checking social media and other clubs forums. 7 days waiting for the next Vale game and another potential step towards promotion is excruciating! 
Really need to be winning Saturday and could do with wins for Plymouth, Carlisle, Crawley, Grimsby and Morecambe with a draw in the Colchester/Cheltenham match. Would see us 6th with a 7 point gap on 9th.

I'm glad it's not just me feeling like that!

15 hours ago, Doha said:

Because realistically we aren't getting automatics i'd prefer Cheltenham to beat Colchester. We are more likely to finish above Colchester than we are Cheltenham in my humble opinion, that is why i was glad they beat Northampton too.

Of course if we look after our own results we will be fine but a little help never goes amiss. 

17 hours ago, The French Connection said:
17 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Are they able to recall him?

There was a recall clause put into the loan agreement - https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/signed-wrexham-afc-extend-kieran-kennedys-loan-from-league-two-side-port-vale

• Like 1

Anthony Coggins in charge Saturday. Not done a Vale game since he sent Uche off when he returned with Cambridge a couple of seasons back. Having said that he's not one to flash the red card about but he does give a few penalties.

Crookes is back so I wonder if he will come back in at some point .

If I remember in the away game there old manager saying that stop Montano and they certainly did that and were deserved winners on the day .

A really hard game this will be but this Vale have grown so much we have tremendous desire workrate and commitment all over the park and with a loud get behind home support (they will need them tomorrow),there’s no reason why they cannot be heading Cheltenham with 3 points delivered .

The more I think about this game the more I think go with your best 11but I haven’t the foggiest what that-best 11 is no more and that’s testament to Askey and the back room staff creating a whole squad of stepping up to the mark footballers .

A Swindon /Exeter/Plymouth home  performance is required .

Do I think they can do it YES most certainly 

UTV 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2020 at 09:58, The French Connection said:
On 26/02/2020 at 22:55, Doha said:

I'm glad it's not just me feeling like that!

The promotion season wasn’t too bad as we were scoring 20 goals a month so autos were always a realistic prospect. It was lovely realistically expecting to win every week! Routine almost before the little wobble in the last 1/3rd of the season. 

This will they won’t they uncertainty being at the edge of the playoffs with Cheltenham, Bradford, the nonces and Plymouth still to play is a whole other ballgame though. So many permutations as lots of the top 10 still have to play each other. We need to take as many as possible to Cheltenham as win tomorrow and it’s a huge game, and with our excellent home record get the numbers in every home match.

I’d be delighted with an away point, would imagine their manager and fans would secretly not be too disappointed to share the spoils either if offered now. 

if we make the playoffs and the season is postponed with coronavirus pandemic management rules someone’s getting filled in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doha said:

The promotion season wasn’t too bad as we were scoring 20 goals a month so autos were always a realistic prospect. It was lovely realistically expecting to win every week! Routine almost before the little wobble in the last 1/3rd of the season. 

This will they won’t they uncertainty being at the edge of the playoffs with Cheltenham, Bradford, the nonces and Plymouth still to play is a whole other ballgame though. So many permutations as lots of the top 10 still have to play each other. We need to take as many as possible to Cheltenham as win tomorrow and it’s a huge game, and with our excellent home record get the numbers in every home match.

I’d be delighted with an away point, would imagine their manager and fans would secretly not be too disappointed to share the spoils either if offered now. 

if we make the playoffs and the season is postponed with coronavirus pandemic management rules someone’s getting filled in. 

Play behind closed doors, keep the players in quarantine. 

I've been asked to remind everyone that there are food bank collections at the game on Saturday.

If you can spare anything, it will be gratefully accepted. 

Details are:

As with every home game we are asking for donations of food towards our Food bank collection.

The items that are being requested are Tinned Food, Cereals and Long Life Milk & Juice but any food with a long expiry date will be greatly received.

Collection bins will be located at the PVFC Foundation Family ZonePVFC Shop and the Club’s Main Entrance.