Heatwave

Norman Smurthwaite

We’ve suffered Fat Face’s drunken rantings and ramblings for long enough to know he cannot keep his mouth shut. So sometime in the not too far future he WILL have his say on his favoured social media voicebox.

Whether it will make any sense will depend on how many bottles of Vino De Calapso he has necked at the time.

No change there then.

Norm did not save us from admin.

Myth needs dispelling.

He bought a FL club top of League 2 with a good fanbase and a massive stadium well under market value, with no idea what he had bought. If he hadn't done so, there were several other interested parties and we may be in a completely different position today.

There was no altruism; once he realised money was to be made he bled us dry. There was never an ounce of goodwill towards Port Vale from Norman Smurthwaite.

The ONLY thing I can sort of give credit for is increasing the budget in the second half of the 12/13 season, which ultimately, without his knowledge or influence, led to Micky signing Hughes, Purse and Jones. That is literally the sum of net positive things the man ever did in 7 years. The rest is negated by later actions.

Is there a non-disclosure agreement regarding the sale? I'd love to know more about the process, Smurthwaite's reaction to having given up the club and the price paid.

All I know is he hated the protests.

I don't think we'll ever know much about what happened from the moment the NDA was announced to yesterday.

Prior to the NDA though, the man was fully on the ropes. Hated it.

All I know is he hated the protests.

I don't think we'll ever know much about what happened from the moment the NDA was announced to yesterday.

Prior to the NDA though, the man was fully on the ropes. Hated it.

In what way? Can you expand? I love thinking of a sweaty sex-man getting all angsty. (Maybe I should rephrase that.)

I'm amazed we haven't had some kind of statement from him. Obviously not expecting any kind of mea culpa but maybe a **** you or a 'woe is me'.

If Norman was to read this I would like to say thank you for purchasing the club and taking us out of admin, regardless if you were the only or the one of a hundred bidders. I'm glad someone bought the club, even if you were the wrong person.

I would also like to say thank you for not putting is into admin and selling the club to the right people. They may have been the only bidders, but I'm still thankful we have the right owners in place who have the club at heart. I won't particularly look back fondly of your time owning the club.

If Norman was to read this I would like to say thank you for purchasing the club and taking us out of admin, regardless if you were the only or the one of a hundred bidders. I'm glad someone bought the club, even if you were the wrong person.

I would also like to say thank you for not putting is into admin and selling the club to the right people. They may have been the only bidders, but I'm still thankful we have the right owners in place who have the club at heart. I won't particularly look back fondly of your time owning the club.

If Norman was to read this I would like to say thank you for purchasing the club and taking us out of admin,..........Jesus wept :banghead:

Apparently only two parties are left interested inpurchasing Notts County after Smurthwaite has been put off by the £5Million asking price.

Not interested in county as they don’t own the ground.

Smurthwaite and Oyston are looking at Bolton.

They are desperate after the Bassini deal fell through.

Now they are in admin he hopes to pick it up cheap and put in his loans then milk it

And blackmail their fans that he will put it into admin if they don’t cough up.

Football clubs are a good way of squirrelling away money coming in then giving it back as loans from your other companies.Sounds familiar.

Stockholm Syndrome or what.

Not interested in county as they don’t own the ground.

Smurthwaite and Oyston are looking at Bolton.

They are desperate after the Bassini deal fell through.

Now they are in admin he hopes to pick it up cheap and put in his loans then milk it

And blackmail their fans that he will put it into admin if they don’t cough up.Football clubs are a good way of squirrelling away money coming in then giving it back as loans from your other companies.Sounds familiar.

Agree EMR. I believe that when the likes of 'our previous owner' smell a deal they go for it without giving a rodents posterior the damage trail they knowingly leave behind.

In what way? Can you expand? I love thinking of a sweaty sex-man getting all angsty. (Maybe I should rephrase that.)

I'm amazed we haven't had some kind of statement from him. Obviously not expecting any kind of mea culpa but maybe a **** you or a 'woe is me'.

Swindon away. A mere 200 fans, half of which were chanting at him sat just along the stand. You could see the rage in his face from the other side of the stadium.

B&G have had some level of discourse with Norman over the past few months and he seriously wasn't enjoying the heat.

The Guardian journo, Ben Fisher, when texting to congratulate us on the sale, said he had an 'interesting' conversation with Norman after the article he published about him. 3 guesses as to the tone of that chat.

I used to try and balance all the hatred towards him by reminding myself that he did at least front up for supporters evenings and radio shows, something that many other chairmen (of other clubs) didn't or wouldn't. Even now I don't understand why he did that when he had long wanted out - unless he needed an excuse to be "working late".

For the sake of other clubs I hope his antics (and whatever B and G had on him) become widely known, but for the sake of our club I hope we can forget him as quickly as possible.

To be fair to Emile I think that when Smurthwaite took over with Paul Wildes they were seen as the dream team by most, particularly as they got us promoted. Let's not forget him being chaired round the Crown when we went up.

It was after Wildes left that the rot set in.

The previous owner is a rude, unpleasant man who has a very limited grasp of the truth on occasions. I'm delighted he's gone and thank him for absolutely nothing.

The previous owner is a rude, unpleasant man who has a very limited grasp of the truth on occasions. I'm delighted he's gone and thank him for absolutely nothing.

Very polite Jean. He was an absolute disgrace.

To be fair to Emile I think that when Smurthwaite took over with Paul Wildes they were seen as the dream team by most, particularly as they got us promoted. Let's not forget him being chaired round the Crown when we went up.

Funnily enough he was outside The Crown on Saturday night.DSC_0617.jpg

Wilde’s was the brains and Smurthwaite was as thick as pigsh@t.wildes was happy to invest to improve the club like giving Pope a new contract but Smurthwaite was only interested in taking the money.