onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Tranmere

paulvaliant

Conlon, Hannant ,Kay ,Clark Rawlinson in particular were abject.

Crookes wasn't far behind with his dreadful crosses into the keepers hands.

Maybe Whitfield purely because he did that rare thing scoring a goal and definitely Montano and Worrall are the only 3 i'd waste my breath in praising.

Conlon offers nothing and is as weak as P**s as shown by the 2nd goal when someone blew on him, fell over, lost possession, 10 seconds later boom game well and truly over.

Worrall and Montano did more in their first 5 minutes than Hannant and Clark combined. Those two now have to start at Cheltenham.

Huffed and puffed all night again with no quality, absolutely shocking

Advert

Can’t believe miller took the shot on at the near post towards the end when firing it across the box looked the better option.

Agreed. Has happened on numerous occasions throughout the season. Appears interested only in his own stats, and yet another poor player in this shocking group

If he is the answer, then I am struggling with what the question is!

Pope set the goal up when it was played into his feet and he put a perfect pass into Whitfield. Whitfield, who still had a bit to do, finished it well.

Crying out for 433.

Brown

Gibbo Legge Smith Clarke

Worral Kay Conlon

Whitfield Pope Monty

Conlon was dire tonight but must improve surely? Hope Rawlinson is dropped for good. He was a liability at right back when out of position. He's even worse now in his favoured CB role game after game after game.

He cannot play Legge.

Askey said it had nothing to do with triggering a contract extension. And so what if it does maybe the manager would like him next season so why can’t he play him?

And why’s he on the bench every week?

The whole thing is bizarre as always with that shambles of a club.

And if for instance legge can play, then why the **** isn’t he no playing ahead of rawlinson who’s absolutely awful and the worst defender I’ve seen. Can he actually pass a simple ten yard ball because I’ve never ever seen him do it. He’s Sunday league at best and probably got noticed because he’s 6’4.. awful awful awful.

Don’t get me started on Tom Conlon either.

So three games into the new regime and a grand total of 0 points have been added to the survival scoreboard.

Thank heavens Garlick did his “due diligence” when scouring the country for our saviour. If he hadn’t, we might have lazily appointed someone who was recently sacked, had no league management experience until August, lived locally, was a friend of the CEO for 20 years and came cheap.

Yes, thank heavens one half of the Vale Chuckle Brothers is earning his money. He also gave us a “top ten” budget you know.

Two frustrating games on the bounce. The first half was inept and clearly Askey had strong words with them at half time and we improved 100%. At least Askey is seeing the issues and bringing Clark off was a must. Monty played well. Rawlinson can count himself lucky he stayed on. He must be dropped for Saturday.

Worrall was a breath of fresh air especially when comparing him to Aspins love child Hannant. His form is awful at present.

Where is Howkins and how far is Manny from being fit?

4 3 3 for me going forward.

I may be in the minority but Askey has improved things. Only marginally but definite improvements. Aspin should have gone months ago. Miles out of his depth.

Conlon, Hannant ,Kay ,Clark Rawlinson in particular were abject.

Crookes wasn't far behind with his dreadful crosses into the keepers hands.

Maybe Whitfield purely because he did that rare thing scoring a goal and definitely Montano and Worrall are the only 3 i'd waste my breath in praising.

Conlon offers nothing and is as weak as P**s as shown by the 2nd goal when someone blew on him, fell over, lost possession, 10 seconds later boom game well and truly over.

Worrall and Montano did more in their first 5 minutes than Hannant and Clark combined. Those two now have to start at Cheltenham.

Huffed and puffed all night again with no quality, absolutely shocking

Exactly as I saw it. Once again we have more than half the Team underperforming in the same game, with exactly the same hoof ball tactics used these past few seasons, with totally uninspiring excuse of a manager who again stood there all match without any outward emotion or aura other than a man being paid until the end of this season to ensure Gorm's plan to be relegated as his parting shot to all Valiants.

If we had lost playing a different formation, with re-introduced players and adopting an attacking style of play then I wouldn't be massively worried just yet. New ideas, time to gel etc.

It's the fact we are playing the same way, with the same players and getting the same results.

We will go down if we don't change drastically now, but some massive 3-pointers have now been lost.

Pope set the goal up when it was played into his feet and he put a perfect pass into Whitfield. Whitfield, who still had a bit to do, finished it well.

Crying out for 433.

Brown

Gibbo Legge Smith Clarke

Worral Kay Conlon

Whitfield Pope Monty

Conlon was dire tonight but must improve surely? Hope Rawlinson is dropped for good. He was a liability at right back when out of position. He's even worse now in his favoured CB role game after game after game.

I like the look of that, but I think after another Clark error for the goal we could go with crookes there’s at left back.

There’s the option of 4-4-2 with Monty wide left if need be too.

Hopefully manny is fit soon as well.

Expected a new manager to change things, lost all three games since he took charge, players have no confidence, Askey has no confidence as judged from his interviews. Players will soon have no confidence in him if things don't change.

You got what you asked for 593.

I like most fans wanted a new manager. We were sinking under aspin and would’ve gone down. As you say the issue is askey has changed nothing and continued on the same way as aspin which clearly hasn’t worked. We needed someone to change everything and get at the players. I thought askey from what I saw at macc was very different to what I’ve seen so far. Safe to say I’ve been extremely disappointed with him. No confidence in him at all.

I’d completely change the side now. Sick of seeing this bunch of ‘players’ week in week out they’re clearly not good enough.

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Howkins

Crookes

Worrall / Whitfield

Oleyeke

Whelan / edser might as well give one of them a chance.

Montano

Harris

Miller

Either that or Whitfield starting behind miller/ Harris.

I don’t want to see the likes of Hannant Clark rawlinson Joyce and Kay again. All absolutely rubbish.

So three games into the new regime and a grand total of 0 points have been added to the survival scoreboard.

Thank heavens Garlick did his “due diligence” when scouring the country for our saviour. If he hadn’t, we might have lazily appointed someone who was recently sacked, had no league management experience until August, lived locally, was a friend of the CEO for 20 years and came cheap.

Yes, thank heavens one half of the Vale Chuckle Brothers is earning his money. He also gave us a “top ten” budget you know.

Don't forget, Mr Smurthwaite claims he spoke to a multitude of managers, none of whom wanted the job, before appointing John Askey. The owner needs to ask why even managers out of work don't want to go anywhere near his club.

As most would agree on here, we played with six players (Rawlinson, Crookes, Kay, Conlon, Hannant and Clark) who are either inexperienced at this level, not good enough for this level or too old for this level. Brown should have done better with the first goal. For the first 60 minutes all we did was lump it up to Pope, just a dire and totally predictable tactic, and the ball just kept coming back at us. Smith defends OK but his heading is absolutely appalling, rarely goes to a Vale player. That leaves Gibbons and Whitfield who I would excuse from any criticism.

Askey needs to bite the bullet and play either Legge and Howkins instead of Rawlinson who was shocking, and go 4-4-2 as we finished last night. Worrall and Montano need to play also in place of Hannant and Clark.

I'd keep Crookes in at left back although he needs to improve his crossing. Hopefully Manny will be back in place of Conlon and we'll just have to put up with Kay.

I still feel relegation is inevitable. I cannot see where 3 or 4 wins are coming from.

Archived