onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Tranmere

paulvaliant

The reappearance of Whitfield, Worrall and Monty gives me some hope.

None have contributed much so far, but their presence in the run in could make the difference.

Their ability to run with the ball takes the pressure off those who have different abilities.

Those who have toiled relentlessly all season, with little reward.

Add Manny to the mix and the outlook improves further.

The central defence also needs sorting.

We totally lack a dominant centre half, yet have two not being used!!

Time is running out and it needs turning round asap.

Advert

Howkins might not be fully match fit. We don't really know.

But as a pro with WBA you would assume that he's keeping himself fit.

And last season I still say he was our best defender in the run in - good in the air and composed on the ground. Surely the likes of Pope and Pugh can tell Askey that.

Legge is puzzling but if NS is saving money he won't play again.

Well start with Rawlinson and bring him on after 5 mins not rocket science is it?

Anything is better than keep playing Rawlinson for the full match.

If that happened and I was Legge I would just sit down and not move on the pitch. He's probably pissed off not playing anyway but to sub him on early in the game just to avoid giving him a contract extension would really **** him off. Unless maybe he doesn't want to be here next season?

Then he simply won’t bring him on. I can’t understand Legge agreeing to go on bench knowing he’s not getting on at all for the rest of the season.

Then don’t have him in the squad. Why have someone on the bench you won’t play. It’s bonkers. I can’t think of a reason for it.

Then don’t have him in the squad. Why have someone on the bench you won’t play. It’s bonkers. I can’t think of a reason for it.

One would assume he would be utilised if a defender was injured and in that circumstance no one (i.e. Legge or the substituted player) could object to him coming on.

One would assume he would be utilised if a defender was injured and in that circumstance no one (i.e. Legge or the substituted player) could object to him coming on.

So we don’t play him because we don’t want to trigger a contract extension, but we will give out a contract extension for playing for possible 10 minutes. That’s beyond shambolic. If it wasn’t vale I’d question the theory because it’s insane. We either can or can’t play him. You don’t base contract decision on whether one of your starting centre half’s pulls up with cramp.

If that happened and I was Legge I would just sit down and not move on the pitch. He's probably pissed off not playing anyway but to sub him on early in the game just to avoid giving him a contract extension would really **** him off. Unless maybe he doesn't want to be here next season?

If we are (or shall I say Smurthwaite) is pis*ing about over triggering a few grand for next season on Legge's contract, just think what this fella did at Crewe, speak to Cambridge fans. I am pretty sure Legge will NOT be playing for Port Vale next season in whatever division - he is better than that and will be elsewhere!!

23 league starts + 1 league substitute appearance = 24 league appearances

1 FA Cup + 1 EFL Cup start = 2 cup appearances

So if 25 is the magic number he is either two starts or one start/substitute appearance away from reaching that figure.

Cheers. He’s one league appearance away from it then. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a start or on as a sub.

With regards to legge, I cant understand why it matters if his contract is extended, hes a player we need whatever league we end up in. And if hes under contract we could get a fee for him surely at the end of the season???

Probably on a wage that glorious leader doesnt want to pay when we are in the Conference.

Archived