onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

I was very unhappy with how we played for most of the games at Carlisle and Tranmere. Norwood aside we have better players than Tranmere and should have gone there and won. I guess the refereeing was a factor in our losses irrespective of performance and so too against Newport. We are probably 3 points down because it has been our time to have a run of poor refereeing decisions go against us.

But watching particularly Newport and Carlisle they have teams that have played together in a model of play for some time. There is better understanding than Vale show where Aspin is still to finally decide who the best 11 will be most weeks. So he deserves time to develop the squad. I am hoping that we will push on as the season develops. Looking at Newport who are equal top they don't have great performers and it is a very bridgeable gap.

Advert

Interesting to read all the points i am probably on the fence for now however one thing i do not believe is this subject will go away. The Crewe game is approaching and i can guarantee it will be used as judge and jury. Neil Aspin has to get it right as this game there will be expectation. Stability is required very quickly and he needs to produce a side that entertains the paying public.

I’m sick to death of the ridiculous team selections, tactics and the general sense of deja vu that comes with every game at the moment.

Here is another Vale legend that served the club with distinction as a player but who, like Glover, will have his reputation tarnished because of very poor decisions in the managers chair.

For all our sakes Neil, please go. Now.

'Aspin out'?.....The bloke who basically saved our league status just a few months ago & without whom we would surely have been playing Dover or the likes yesterday?.....

Could be a sight worse, take a look at Notts County......

Clear pre season FAVES to win the league after massively spending on players over the summer.....

Their new & inexperienced Chairman admitting in last night's Nottingham paper that he's overspent by at least £750,000 over the summer on new players .......

Notts one point from 27, conceded 21 league goals in just 7 games.....

Five league defeats on the bounch including a 5-1 just yesterday.....

Possibly just a couple more quick defeats from being cut off at the bottom before September ends.....

'Aspin out'?......

Some folk should be careful what they wish for, ask Harry Kewell......

😔😔

I posted the same about a week ago. It's alright calling for Aspo to go but who would we get to replace him? Norman wouldn't shell out anything like we'd need for a top L2 manager and even if he would, does anyone believe he'd get it right? Dream on.

Our best hope is to see this season out and hope Norman sees fit to sell up. Aspo may not be perfect, and this season he's doing my head in, but the root cause of our demise is Norman. As long as he's in charge, we're going nowhere.

You, I and everybody else knows that that Norman is going nowhere though, that is the problem.

We can all set out our frustration at Aspin's apparent lack of man management skill, culminating in a boring, lacklustre attempt at trying to get 3 points any game. However the deep, underlying cesspit of a Club at present is only going to change if and when Norman is ousted or someone with more money than sense buys him out.

In the meantime I fully understand fans' (including my own) feelings at the way we are going about games and the dearth of belief that Aspin is not the man to progress this Club. It hurts me to admit my astonishment and pessimism surrounding Aspin as I was one of many who welcomed him back with truly open arms and an optimism that his hard shelled, fighting spirit from his playing days would give us a lift and take us to success.

Aspin is an easy target for moaners as we have all constantly got nowhere with our criticism and attacks on Smurthwiate. I sincerely want to get fully behind the players but I do sense that Aspin , with his strange and unbalanced selections, is alienating some of the squad as they too must be as mystified as us at his selections and tactics.

Vale have the core now of a decent side but we are rudderless and leaderless in the way we go about games. Correct that and we will be proceeding again towards a better season and future.

Given what finances? We have way more than Accrington could have dreamed of last season.

Has Aspin ever stated it’s a problem with cash?

Get over it.

Aspin can not inspire and motivate a group.

He alienates his non favourites.

When was the last time you heard of any great team spirit?

Very poor signings either let go or loaned out.

Players who are poor being re invented as players in a different position.

Joyce May yet get a chance in goal.

How many times do we have to hear I desperateley wanted to sign him at my time at Halifax etc. YOU ARE IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE NOW NEIL they ain’t good enough.

And then his Sunday league tactics. I truly believe Aspin thinks tactics are some little mints in a little perspex container.

Aspin was a legend we all had tears in our eyes on his first game in charge and dreamed of what could have been.

Aspin will get us relegated and isn’t even qualified enough to get us promoted look at Gateshead.

Go now Neil

Well done to Neil and the lads,a great point away to a team unbeaten and a budget 1 million higher than ours.

So that's where we are celebrating scraping a point against Forest Green fecking Rovers...
Yes mate, that's exactly where we are time now. If you get the chance you should ask Boris Johnson's blue brother how we got here and what the structured plan is to improve and climb the leagues. Assuming he isn't playing away again at Coventry & Nuneaton.

But how can they afford to run a club on half the support we get, vale are being run on the support that comes from s/t and walkups after expenses have been paid out supporters are paying for the team N/S is paying for the land and buildings that stand on it. and allowing the team to use it for nothing. he probably takes the profit from the shop, teabars, and hiring rooms out. The money Norman says he is losing could be what he would like to charge the team in rent to use the ground.

Injuries are frustrating us at the minute but we are roughly where I expected us to be at this stage and will improve as the team gels. Swapping managers rarely works (except at Watford) and Aspo will do ok.

One draw and three defeats last four games and 8th from bottom, is this where roughly you expected us to be? It worries me that there is little hunger for success at Vale. Maybe realism has exceeded hope or we are being brainwashed into expecting Accrington and the likes being more successful than we are. Buck stops with the management or lack of it.

Archived