onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

Abnorm himself professed he had 'managed' Page out by cutting off the money supply. If you can call that managing, unprofessional and spineless I call it. Whatever anyone's view of Rob Page he was treated abysmally during that episode.

Rob Page put together a really decent side that with his choice of additions would have been playoff material.

That bell-end of an owner knew better of course.

Now we're in the pits and he washes his hands of the club.

He's an absolute tosser.

Rob Page put together a really decent side that with his choice of additions would have been playoff material.

That bell-end of an owner knew better of course.

Now we're in the pits and he washes his hands of the club.

He's an absolute tosser.

That’s the finest summary of our situation I have read. Spot on

Smurthwaite managed Page out of the club.

Then he managed the club out of League One.

Then he managed an alarming set of individuals into the club.

Refresh my memory, I'm sure the same happy negative posters were calling for Pages neck, (let's go again !!! ). Maybe Smurf was led by is silly social media exploits. One of his biggest mistakes in my opinion. At least he is learning, maybe I should take a leaf out of his book,

Refresh my memory, I'm sure the same happy negative posters were calling for Pages neck

I suppose Page was a funny one with the benefit of hindsight. Obviously it's got far worse since but we didn't know that at the time.

I remember some appalling games, some really dour football, trying to keep the ball in the corner to run down the clock (and failing) against Maidenhead at home in the cup stands out, as does going to places like Bramall Lane, the Pirelli and the Ricoh Arena without registering a shot on target or looking even remotely positive.

Aspin talked about players did not want to come to vale, players did not want to play at this level.

ASPIN NEVER SAID IT WAS MONEY and it isn’t

He also says the manager and management team salaries are no good and they are definitely not there for the money because its rubbish... probably the reason Askey turned us down.

If you get rid of Aspin, then it will just be another underpaid manager.

Will Norman invest the money required to get someone who can put the fire out that he has caused... I highly doubt it.

I suppose Page was a funny one with the benefit of hindsight. Obviously it's got far worse since but we didn't know that at the time.

I remember some appalling games, some really dour football, trying to keep the ball in the corner to run down the clock (and failing) against Maidenhead at home in the cup stands out, as does going to places like Bramall Lane, the Pirelli and the Ricoh Arena without registering a shot on target or looking even remotely positive.

Rob Page was also the one that thought Richard Duffy and Ryan McGivern were better options than Remi Streete!

Coventry and Posh away were both excellent performances, Exeter less so to put it mildly. But we finished comfortably safe in his first full season and the squad seemed to respect him.

I'll always believe he could have led us to the playoffs and maybe more but we'll never know.

Archived