onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

Injuries are frustrating us at the minute but we are roughly where I expected us to be at this stage and will improve as the team gels. Swapping managers rarely works (except at Watford) and Aspo will do ok.

I hope you're right - but don't forget Leeds as well as Watford. Last time Leeds had a manager any length of time was Simon Grayson 2008-12 since when they've made 13 managerial appointments, ending up with Bielsa. All that time, they weren't prepared to put up with poor performance and it looks as if this season they've finally found the right one. I'm not advocating it - just a point to bear in mind.

Advert

I hope you're right - but don't forget Leeds as well as Watford. Last time Leeds had a manager any length of time was Simon Grayson 2008-12 since when they've made 13 managerial appointments, ending up with Bielsa. All that time, they weren't prepared to put up with poor performance and it looks as if this season they've finally found the right one. I'm not advocating it - just a point to bear in mind.

So 13 managerial appointments before they actually hit on one who was any good. Only nine more to go, Norman.

I’m sick to death of the ridiculous team selections, tactics and the general sense of deja vu that comes with every game at the moment.

Here is another Vale legend that served the club with distinction as a player but who, like Glover, will have his reputation tarnished because of very poor decisions in the managers chair.

For all our sakes Neil, please go. Now.

Give over, steady progress is the name of the game.

Problem is there's been a hell of a lot more bad than there has been good.

If Aspin was no longer manager tomorrow do you actually believe any other league club would be in for him this season? If you do then you need to stop lying to yourself.

I doubt many non league would he was hardly ever one of the most promising in the lower reaches no track record of success

I doubt many non league would he was hardly ever one of the most promising in the lower reaches no track record of success

Aspin is my all time hero as a player and I don't doubt his integrity for a second but he baffles me in so many ways. Firstly his determination to play players in random positions and the fact he does it when it's not a last option is crazy but what makes my **** boil most is paying wages to "chancer's" from non league that are already in their mid twenties then loaning them back to non league cus they are not ready yet, if they are not ready at 25 for league 4 football what the **** makes Aspin think all of a sudden at 30 they may turn professional? Oh hang on I forgot it's all Smurfs fault, tight git only allowed Aspin to sign 16 players what manager cud work with that..

I take it you didn't watch the game then?

Their keeper never had a difficult save to make. They had loads more chances but their poor finishing and Browns great save stopped them winning? They looked a far better side in the first half. The second half was a typical scrappy affair.

3 attempts on goal to Vale's 5.What part don't you get inny?This is a stat fact whilst most of your reply is a personal viewpoint clouded with your continual negativity towards Aspin.

3 attempts on goal to Vale's 5.What part don't you get inny?This is a stat fact whilst most of your reply is a personal viewpoint clouded with your continual negativity towards Aspin.
Vale had a great 10 minutes but as soon as FGR scored it was a different story. As I said, it was a scrappy second half. Vale were better but FGR had far better chances, their finishing was woeful.

I want Aspin to succeed but I'm yet to be convinced he will provide us with progression and success.

Legge injured,Monty injured,Dodds dropped,Gibbons poor at the moment.Hannant can do a decent job anywhere,Manny is a star.Smithy ,mixed bag at the moment.Conlon ,fair debut.Joyce wasn’t very good,Worrall worked hard as ever,centre MF in future.Pope should keep his arms down,especially towards his own players.His crosses were the worst of anyone.Miller looked capable of winning it for us.First half tepid,second half ,by far the better side.Cert 3 points this Saturday.Aspo in!!

but what makes my **** boil most is paying wages to "chancer's" from non league that are already in their mid twenties then loaning them back to non league cus they are not ready yet, if they are not ready at 25 for league 4 football what the **** makes Aspin think all of a sudden at 30 they may turn professional? ..

Can only think of one player who fits what is boiling your ****. Would you care to name all of these chancers?

Funny how we all see different things, but constant changes will be Aspins undoing IMO. Hes projecting the impression that after loads of pre-season games and now 8 games in to the proper season that he doesn't know his preferred line up, tactics and formation. Its academic now as we got away with it at the weekend, but there was no reason not to play proper full backs at FGR. Gibbons hasn't let anyone down this season. If hes been dropped for a few dodgy passes, which is all I can think of him doing wrong in games, then we may as keep changing the starting 11 every week because they all do it. Its all irrelevant but not one person would have put Hannant at left back and Conlon at left mid. Its another example of odd selections this season. Miller on the right of a forward 3 at Tranmere, didn't work, when we were crying out for our winger and full back to get at their lump of a left back. Picking a team with no pace and including Dodds in it. Hannant as a wing back. Whitfield on the left, arguably a position last season where we didn't see the best of him.

Our last win and clean sheet was against Crawley and the consenus was that second half display against them showed that we needed some tweaking in our tactics and getting the right personnel back in midfield and forward areas. Getting Manny or Conlon back would change things and indeed since then we've been boosted by the addition of Whitfield too. But since that game we've seen regular changes every week all over the pitch, players out of position and even formation changes. None of its worked and we've got 1 point out of 12 and have kept conceding some sloppy goals. Constant change is unsettling and as ex-players it baffles me why the management can't see that.

Problem is where does Norman turn if Aspin went? Tonge and Pugh :banghead:

Funny how we all see different things, but constant changes will be Aspins undoing IMO. Hes projecting the impression that after loads of pre-season games and now 8 games in to the proper season that he doesn't know his preferred line up, tactics and formation. Its academic now as we got away with it at the weekend, but there was no reason not to play proper full backs at FGR. Gibbons hasn't let anyone down this season. If hes been dropped for a few dodgy passes, which is all I can think of him doing wrong in games, then we may as keep changing the starting 11 every week because they all do it. Its all irrelevant but not one person would have put Hannant at left back and Conlon at left mid. Its another example of odd selections this season. Miller on the right of a forward 3 at Tranmere, didn't work, when we were crying out for our winger and full back to get at their lump of a left back. Picking a team with no pace and including Dodds in it. Hannant as a wing back. Whitfield on the left, arguably a position last season where we didn't see the best of him.

Our last win and clean sheet was against Crawley and the consenus was that second half display against them showed that we needed some tweaking in our tactics and getting the right personnel back in midfield and forward areas. Getting Manny or Conlon back would change things and indeed since then we've been boosted by the addition of Whitfield too. But since that game we've seen regular changes every week all over the pitch, players out of position and even formation changes. None of its worked and we've got 1 point out of 12 and have kept conceding some sloppy goals. Constant change is unsettling and as ex-players it baffles me why the management can't see that.

Problem is where does Norman turn if Aspin went? Tonge and Pugh :banghead:

I think one thing that has been overlooked is the number of injuries that Aspin is getting. Legge, Montano, Pope, Manny, Conlon have all had injuries and whilst there is annoyance at changing constantly we arent getting much luck with injuries week in week out. I think FGR game showed we are competitive and add Legge and Monty to that team would we have come away with 3 points? Very possibly

Archived