onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

Wrong, wrong, wrong. We are in a tough league given our finances. We need to grind a few pre-Christmas results out and then evaluate our standing.

Given our finances we are in a tough league thats correct,but a lot of the frustration at the moment is due to the fact that given the number of players that Aspin has signed (overloading mid field in the process) yet we have to resort to playing round pegs in square holes.

Advert

Given our finances we are in a tough league thats correct,but a lot of the frustration at the moment is due to the fact that given the number of players that Aspin has signed (overloading mid field in the process) yet we have to resort to playing round pegs in square holes.

He’s had no choice but to overload the midfield because if he hadn’t have got Joyce, Oyeleke and Conlon in we would be stuck again with the non existent midfield of Kay, Pugh and Tonge.......all on two year contracts awarded to them by Michael Brown.

Ok now I understand so its only the budget which is hindered from those players. The first team 11 - 15 players should be good enough with the budget he had. Comes down to recruitment again which has been very hit and miss during Aspo's time.My problem at the minute is with the players at his disposal we should be doing a lot better which is not budget constraints thats just down to coaching and management.

Did you go to the game?

I work Saturdays - which is why I rely on a fair and balanced view on here, plus stats. It has become so full of BS on here that there is even a thread asking "Was it really that bad?"...and the general consensus seems to be...No!So yeah - feel free to have a pop at me for daring to comment on a game I haven't seen...but...notice I don't refer to the game itself, just the rantings of the usual gobbies!

He’s had no choice but to overload the midfield because if he hadn’t have got Joyce, Oyeleke and Conlon in we would be stuck again with the non existent midfield of Kay, Pugh and Tonge.......all on two year contracts awarded to them by Michael Brown.

Overloaded with players he has signed this season including Hardcastle Dodds and Whitfield.

In my opinion Kay can just about do a job in an emergency so that only leaves two players from Browns reign.

Its wearing a bit thin now blaming Brown Aspin has to take some responsibility.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. We are in a tough league given our finances. We need to grind a few pre-Christmas results out and then evaluate our standing.

Given what finances? We have way more than Accrington could have dreamed of last season.

Has Aspin ever stated it’s a problem with cash?

Get over it.

Aspin can not inspire and motivate a group.

He alienates his non favourites.

When was the last time you heard of any great team spirit?

Very poor signings either let go or loaned out.

Players who are poor being re invented as players in a different position.

Joyce May yet get a chance in goal.

How many times do we have to hear I desperateley wanted to sign him at my time at Halifax etc. YOU ARE IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE NOW NEIL they ain’t good enough.

And then his Sunday league tactics. I truly believe Aspin thinks tactics are some little mints in a little perspex container.

Aspin was a legend we all had tears in our eyes on his first game in charge and dreamed of what could have been.

Aspin will get us relegated and isn’t even qualified enough to get us promoted look at Gateshead.

Go now Neil

Overloaded with players he has signed this season including Hardcastle Dodds and Whitfield.

In my opinion Kay can just about do a job in an emergency so that only leaves two players from Browns reign.

Hardcastle was bought in when Oyeleke and Conlon were both injured and he didn’t want to go back to the three stooges.

Whitfield was signed because he’s a winger and we only had Hannant, Worrall and Kanu to play wide.

Dodds is classed as a forward not a midfielder.

No excuse not to play Legge today. In fact this is Aspin’s biggest problem. He just changes the team for the sake of it and does not respect experience. Unless Legge was injured there was no excuse to drop him. It doesn’t create a hungry team, it creates a lack of belief in the players that a good effort will be rewarded. Smith has been awful and gave away much today, yet he still gets games, he was dropped for a game and has done nothing to earn his place back.

The end result of these mad changes is a team with no identity, purpose or game plan that the team can execute with confidence.

No excuse not to play Legge today. In fact this is Aspin’s biggest problem. He just changes the team for the sake of it and does not respect experience. Unless Legge was injured there was no excuse to drop him. It doesn’t create a hungry team, it creates a lack of belief in the players that a good effort will be rewarded. Smith has been awful and gave away much today, yet he still gets games, he was dropped for a game and has done nothing to earn his place back.

The end result of these mad changes is a team with no identity, purpose or game plan that the team can execute with confidence.

According to Port Vale’s Twitter account, Legge is injured.

I work Saturdays - which is why I rely on a fair and balanced view on here, plus stats. It has become so full of BS on here that there is even a thread asking "Was it really that bad?"...and the general consensus seems to be...No!So yeah - feel free to have a pop at me for daring to comment on a game I haven't seen...but...notice I don't refer to the game itself, just the rantings of the usual gobbies!

I wasn’t having a pop at all mate. What I was going to say was stats don’t tell the whole picture of the game. Brown had the much more difficult saves to make in the game than their keeper for example.

It's been said a multitude of times than Pugh and Tongue are relatively low earners. You'll have to come up with a better excuse than that for our current position.

Given what finances? We have way more than Accrington could have dreamed of last season.

Norman certainly does.

There is an entire thread that discusses the fact that we have received around £1m in transfer fees with another £900k to come.

In response we have signed Miller for around £50k at a guess and Whitfield on a free.

You don’t know our budget.

I don’t know our budget.

One thing for certain... I can say we have grossly underinvested in the team based on income from players sold.

Where has the money gone?

Hardcastle and Whitfield seem to be good signings? Dodds is always going to be a divisive signing - personally, I don't like the player but as a squad player on modest wages, I suppose he is just about an ok signing - please don't discuss further? Way too much time and space has been devoted to pro / con Dodds!!!!!

Archived