onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

Low earners - really? Can somebody “in the know” tell me how much they are on then?

Does it really matter about money they earn you could give Aspin man United’s budget and he would isolate players, not motivate players and destroy team spirit with negative tactics.

Imagine you were on ok money as a forward in a team and Aspin told you to play like we do.

Motivation out of ten 4

Team spirit 2

Want to turn up for work 2

I thought when we got relegated that it would take us at least 5 years to recover and that was assuming Norman walked straight away. I'm not blaming Norman per se, he doesn't pick the team or tactics however under his stewardship we can all see the direction the club is going.

In my view what this club needs is a period of stability but for what seems like the third or fourth season on the trot we have a new set of players, players that need time to gel. We do seem yet again to have gone for quantity over perhaps quality and yes, it seems like square pegs in round holes a lot of the time but there are glimpses of a team as seen today once Miller was brought on.

Any Vale fan who truly thought we would be gunning for promotion after last season really needs to have a good look in the mirror, it's going to be another season of ups and downs but football fans are so fickle these days that 3 wins and the manager is a God, 3 defeats and he's treated like something you would scrape off your shoe.

Aspin is learning as are the players, we are seven games in, now is NOT the time to be ripping it up and starting again, have a little patience, calm down a little before you post and try be a little more understanding.

It may not be pretty, we may have square pegs in round holes, there may be no 'plan B' but tonight at 5.50pm I saw a team of players who had given their all for the point. It may only be 1 point but it may just be a 'turning point'.

Aspin In for me.

Hardcastle and Whitfield seem to be good signings? Dodds is always going to be a divisive signing - personally, I don't like the player but as a squad player on modest wages, I suppose he is just about an ok signing - please don't discuss further? Way too much time and space has been devoted to pro / con Dodds!!!!!

I didn't say Hardcastle and Whitfield were poor signings but a natural left back would have been useful and I cant see where Manny,Worral,Hannant,Pugh,Tonge, Hardcastle,Whitfield, Dodds and Conlon are all going to fit in, if fit and available to play,as I say a left back would be more useful.

I posted this in another thread earlier today. Still true.

I posted the same about a week ago. It's alright calling for Aspo to go but who would we get to replace him? Norman wouldn't shell out anything like we'd need for a top L2 manager and even if he would, does anyone believe he'd get it right? Dream on.

Our best hope is to see this season out and hope Norman sees fit to sell up. Aspo may not be perfect, and this season he's doing my head in, but the root cause of our demise is Norman. As long as he's in charge, we're going nowhere.

Does it really matter about money they earn you could give Aspin man United’s budget and he would isolate players, not motivate players and destroy team spirit with negative tactics.

Imagine you were on ok money as a forward in a team and Aspin told you to play like we do.

Motivation out of ten 4

Team spirit 2

Want to turn up for work 2

So basically he’s a poor clubs Mourinho 😉

I wasn’t having a pop at all mate. What I was going to say was stats don’t tell the whole picture of the game. Brown had the much more difficult saves to make in the game than their keeper for example.

Ok - thank you! I also omitted that I like to see videos before I make any comment. And yes - he did...but, at the same time, have you ever known referees apologize for 4...count 'em...4...bad decisions against one club? How much better might we be doing if they hadn't happened? And how much more confident might we be?

It’s clear for me. Awful tactics and team selections literally every single match thus far. He’s assembled a very good league 2 squad but insists on either not picking them or playing them out of position. I’m not one to call for his head yet but he needs to get his act together ASAP. Please aspin ffs

Norman certainly does.

There is an entire thread that discusses the fact that we have received around £1m in transfer fees with another £900k to come.

In response we have signed Miller for around £50k at a guess and Whitfield on a free.

You don’t know our budget.

I don’t know our budget.

One thing for certain... I can say we have grossly underinvested in the team based on income from players sold.

Where has the money gone?

Regardless the budget is comfortably good enough to get out of this league. Look at Notts county ffs. Money dosent mean success. That Dennis is doing really well that everyone wanted Norman to break the bank for!!!!

Our budget is more than competent st this level (easily) the manager just needs to wake up and select the correct formation and players and we will do well

I thought when we got relegated that it would take us at least 5 years to recover and that was assuming Norman walked straight away. I'm not blaming Norman per se, he doesn't pick the team or tactics however under his stewardship we can all see the direction the club is going.

In my view what this club needs is a period of stability but for what seems like the third or fourth season on the trot we have a new set of players, players that need time to gel. We do seem yet again to have gone for quantity over perhaps quality and yes, it seems like square pegs in round holes a lot of the time but there are glimpses of a team as seen today once Miller was brought on.

Any Vale fan who truly thought we would be gunning for promotion after last season really needs to have a good look in the mirror, it's going to be another season of ups and downs but football fans are so fickle these days that 3 wins and the manager is a God, 3 defeats and he's treated like something you would scrape off your shoe.

Aspin is learning as are the players, we are seven games in, now is NOT the time to be ripping it up and starting again, have a little patience, calm down a little before you post and try be a little more understanding.

It may not be pretty, we may have square pegs in round holes, there may be no 'plan B' but tonight at 5.50pm I saw a team of players who had given their all for the point. It may only be 1 point but it may just be a 'turning point'.

Aspin In for me.

:clap: Lovely turn of phrase Bon'Ami :smile:

Archived