onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Aspin Out!

Biddulph_PV

Advert

We have played 3 out of the top 5 in the League, Lincoln in the Cup to make it 4 of the top 5. We have had some bad decisions that later in the season may go our way. We have had more absentees through injury than you might expect. We have some good new players like Brown Legge Oyleke Joyce. Miller is getting closer to what we need. Conlon and Clark look decent. We need to eradicate errors. Some players have not performed Worrall Dodds Smith Gibbons but if they can recapture their form they have some ability in the bag. Let's keep our head turning a team and club takes time. Neil Aspin deserves more time. When we have played all the teams and had time for luck to even itself out then we will all be happier. Not time to sack the manager.

If ....

Whoever took over last year it was always going to take two seasons to turn us around until we could get rid of all Michael Brown’s shut signings.

We will see another 13 leave at the end of the season (including loans) but we will only need to add 6 players to have a competitive 25 man squad.

We can’t keep replacing the manager every season and keep lumbering a new manager with the previous manager’s signings.

And while we are at it let’s look at NA’s main signings. Brown, Legge and Joyce are a far better spine then anything we have had over the last few years and Rawlinson, Oyeleke and Hannant all signed from non-league put plenty of league players to shame.

Until he can get rid of Lainton, Davis, Barnett, Kay, Pugh and Tonge, who must all be on a few quid, his hands are tied.

ASPIN IN.

A lot of common sense ,,totally agree

In the push for the panic button all are looking at the negatives rather than whats good,, Newport we played well, today got a point - yes some strange positions but aspin doesn't have a lot to work with - the ones that are shining are his signings - many especially is a shoe in for midfield if he is injured we are struggling same as legge - Miller has to work his way in he does well when the game is in the final 3rd and needs to build confidence especially after doing nothing for so much game time -

we wont go down or finish in the top half and as you say next season will be key if the full budget is handed to aspin as the current squad aint good enough and either too old without pace or too young to impact on a consistent basis …

Aspin is a lot better than Brown and there are really some good signs moving forward , yes we are short but improvement is there and matched them today and matched Newport--

time for unity not change

At this moment Lancy I myself am in the stay calm camp purely because we can't keep changing managers like Leeds .

However mate with all respect last week he had pretty much everyone fit bar Manny . That is what squads are for I'm sure Lincoln and Newport have not had fully fit squad to choose from .

Out of 46 games you will be very lucky to be unscathed from injury or suspension.

People's frustration including my own is that he is League 2 tinkerman and I guarantee you now that against Northampton there will be at least 3 changes yet again.

None of this is condusive to a successful team

And our most consistent defender - Legge? We don't see how players train through the week; their body language, the way they interact with other players, who's brimming with confidence - and who isn't? Maybe Aspo's hand is being forced by these factors, rather than the need to tinker?

At this moment Lancy I myself am in the stay calm camp purely because we can't keep changing managers like Leeds .

However mate with all respect last week he had pretty much everyone fit bar Manny . That is what squads are for I'm sure Lincoln and Newport have not had fully fit squad to choose from .

Out of 46 games you will be very lucky to be unscathed from injury or suspension.

People's frustration including my own is that he is League 2 tinkerman and I guarantee you now that against Northampton there will be at least 3 changes yet again.

None of this is condusive to a successful team

Leeds are going well, just saying....

sorry Paul don't see the logic. All the players you mention are not in the first choice eleven ,so other than perhaps room in the budget why is he still hamstrung by the previous manager??

If anything he should have built at least a strong 11 which in my view is not far off. They just need motivating, a formation and pattern of play, to get going. Aspo seems incapable of doing that on the evidence so far.

sorry Paul don't see the logic. All the players you mention are not in the first choice eleven ,so other than perhaps room in the budget why is he still hamstrung by the previous manager??

If anything he should have built at least a strong 11 which in my view is not far off. They just need motivating, a formation and pattern of play, to get going. Aspo seems incapable of doing that on the evidence so far.

My point being Lainton’s wage would be spent, let’s say on a right back to push Gibbons. Joe Davis’ wage could be spent on a left back to push Montano on. Pugh’s, Kay’s and Tonge’s combined wage could go towards another decent striker to compliment Pope and Miller etc..etc..

I’m sick to death of the ridiculous team selections, tactics and the general sense of deja vu that comes with every game at the moment.

Here is another Vale legend that served the club with distinction as a player but who, like Glover, will have his reputation tarnished because of very poor decisions in the managers chair.

For all our sakes Neil, please go. Now.

Behave.

Archived