onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Conlon Signs and Miller Cleared to Play

PV1973

I guess I'm allowed an opinion so I'm going to buck the trend. I can only see us finishing in the bottom half. I'm not impressed with Aspin's signings beyond Joyce and Dodds, his tactical nous is, IMO, non-existant but I do think we'll do slightly better than last season and be 5-6 points clear of the bottom 2.

Bold statement that. I thought Aspins tactically pretty decent I just thought we lacked experience and ability to get anything done last year. That said Monty at CB is definitely some left field thinking

Advert

yep cash is in my pocket, no season ticket or 10 gamer purchased. pick my matches if we end up terrible with the likes of dodds starting regularly I can stay at home while you seals clap and hoot

So you aren’t really a fan then more of a customer who sees it as a product?

It would be nice to start well.

I won't be too concerned if not.

This is a new group of players and different formations are being tried, so it may take take a while to gel.

This looks a solid squad, so I expect them to improve through the season.

Mid table, with an outside chance of flirting with play offs is my best guess.

yep cash is in my pocket, no season ticket or 10 gamer purchased. pick my matches if we end up terrible with the likes of dodds starting regularly I can stay at home while you seals clap and hoot

So let me get this right, you are/were starting a "Singing area" and encouraging fans to get behind the team and create an atmosphere.

But you the ring leader and instigator are going to pick and choose your matches.

Your remarks Re.Dodds are below contempt.

With "Supporters" like you who needs enemies ?

So let me get this right, you are/were starting a "Singing area" and encouraging fans to get behind the team and create an atmosphere.

But you the ring leader and instigator are going to pick and choose your matches.

He will be trying to start a singing section at Old Trafford now

He will be trying to start a singing section at Old Trafford now

He’s a Man U fan? What a glory hunter. No wonder he’s not taken seriously and over the last few months he’s had the temerity to be calling fans on here seals, weapons and whatever else they’ve been called because they don’t agree with him. Then trying to organise the abuse of one of our own players (it would have been easier to go a friendly and tell him what they thought when there’s a smaller crowd there instead of hiding behind mates at a league game). A Man U fan, what a joke.

Just a thought true supporters support their team through the good and the bad, I keep going hoping for success regardless.success and failure very find margins, a bit of togetherness and positivity will help the team achieve our dreams,

I was under the impression we were trying to improve the team by bringing in better players.

Dodds has become a worse player than when he was a bench warmer at Vale before.

He hasn’t played regular football for two years at Shrewsbury and Chesterfield were glad to find a mug to take him off their hands.

But there are still people with rose coloured specs saying he is going to score 10 to 15 goals.

If he is in the squad he will be taking the place of someone else who deserves a chance to shine.

Obviously Chesterfield didn’t expect him to score 10 to 15 goals or they would have kept him to play in the Conference.They are even paying him to play for us.

Don't think I've seen anyone suggest Dodds will get 10-15 goals. He'll get his customary 7 should he get adequate playing time.

In my view this season is reliant on a couple of things

1. Miller

2. Whether the full backs/wing backs can create

If Miller gets into double figures I think we're looking at playoffs. We should have one of the stronger defences on paper, which the statistics confirmed at the back end of last season with a far worse bunch of players. Aspo knows how to organise a back line, and now we have a competent keeper.

For Miller to bag, we've got to create. With the lack of wingers, it looks as if the creativity will have to stem from Gibbons and Montano, who are both very good going forward and delivering crosses. If we can find a way to best utilise them (and Worrall and Hannant), then Pope and Miller should have field days and we'll canter to the playoffs.

I was under the impression we were trying to improve the team by bringing in better players.

He hasn’t played regular football for two years at Shrewsbury and Chesterfield were glad to find a mug to take him off their hands.

But there are still people with rose coloured specs saying he is going to score 10 to 15 goals.

If he is in the squad he will be taking the place of someone else who deserves a chance to shine.

Obviously Chesterfield didn’t expect him to score 10 to 15 goals or they would have kept him to play in the Conference.They are even paying him to play for us.

Where have I said he get 10-15 goals a season ?

You are just being vindictive.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived