onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Conlon Signs and Miller Cleared to Play

PV1973

Advert

Great news all round. There has been a lot written about Ricky Miller's past behaviour. He has done nothing wrong at Port Vale, he seems to be working hard and contributing to the squad. He clearly has an eye for goal, I look forward to seeing him play. We have taken on players, very successfully, in the past, with a much worse behaviour record. I really hope he does well.

As for Tom Conlon, what a nice surprise. I think Neil Aspin's comments in the Sentinel express a level of surprise to. Often a player matures later, and can sometimes find the right place to flourish. He is yet another local player, so living at home, with a journey to work he could do on foot must make it easier for him to settle in. Like most on here I have not seen him play yet, but look forward to it. Neil Aspin is a judge of a player so his opinion will do for me.

Regarding Conlan, what position is he? I was always under the impression he was a wide midfielder but I think I heard he'd been playing for us in the centre?

He played CM last night, very combative, had a cheeky pop at lobbing the keeper from 35 yards but it went over.

He did start a few attacks with a nice ball out wide too.

I'm not flat. With Aspin's forays into building his own squad I have actually had a good feel about our coming season. Miller may prove to be the cherry on the cake, I sincerely hope so. After the past few seasons it's easy for Valiants to "get carried away" with any hint of improvement. I'm trying to be calm but my gut tells me we have a manager who not only wants success for himself and the Club but is a true Valiant at heart and will gradually drag Vale back to where we all want and crave for. Good times ahead, me thinks.

Great news all round. There has been a lot written about Ricky Miller's past behaviour. He has done nothing wrong at Port Vale, he seems to be working hard and contributing to the squad. He clearly has an eye for goal, I look forward to seeing him play. We have taken on players, very successfully, in the past, with a much worse behaviour record. I really hope he does well.

As for Tom Conlon, what a nice surprise. I think Neil Aspin's comments in the Sentinel express a level of surprise to. Often a player matures later, and can sometimes find the right place to flourish. He is yet another local player, so living at home, with a journey to work he could do on foot must make it easier for him to settle in. Like most on here I have not seen him play yet, but look forward to it. Neil Aspin is a judge of a player so his opinion will do for me.

Looked a good investment to me.

Played centre midfield (where there seems to be good competition with him, Oyeleke & Joyce) combative with a sweet left foot.

I'm not flat. With Aspin's forays into building his own squad I have actually had a good feel about our coming season. Miller may prove to be the cherry on the cake, I sincerely hope so. After the past few seasons it's easy for Valiants to "get carried away" with any hint of improvement. I'm trying to be calm but my gut tells me we have a manager who not only wants success for himself and the Club but is a true Valiant at heart and will gradually drag Vale back to where we all want and crave for. Good times ahead, me thinks.

Great news, Hannant, Joyce and Conlon in midfield big change from Kay, Pugh and Tonge! Good luck to Ricky too hope he plays against Shrewsbury so I can see him! We will have some game changers on the bench too. Most of the players can be improved under Aspin.

I think we needed to sign him. The centre midfield area is a problem with Kay banned for 2 games and Oyeleke out injured. He looks like he can retain possession, hes left footed so it adds balance and hes got good experience with Stevenage too.

Theres some pressure on Miller to impress now, more so as theres only 1 preseason game left. For me Dodds has had a good preseason so we could have some healthy competition there.

I think certain individuals who were making up rumours about Miller owe him an apology!

An apology for what? Speculating what may have been the issue on the available facts known (he couldn't even play any pre-season games), which still haven't changed (i.e. nobody outside of the Club seems to be aware of what the issue was, even still!)?

An apology for what? Speculating what may have been the issue on the available facts known (he couldn't even play any pre-season games), which still haven't changed (i.e. nobody outside of the Club seems to be aware of what the issue was, even still!)?

But why make things up about him? There was some serious allegations flying round!

Archived