onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Conlon Signs and Miller Cleared to Play

PV1973

Advert

I thought he had his best goal tally for us in the season when he mainly played out wide. I wasn't taking bets as I explained above but I am still not sure which way Miller will go. He could be this seasons Campion, a great striker until he actually plays...

Goals per game his best league season was the promotion season, when he got 7 in 30. A little surprised he only made 30 appearances in total that year. He scored 9 in 41 for Lincoln, which is his higest league goals record. He got 8 league goals a couple of times for us and at Shrewsbury, but played more games. He's never been prolific so it would be a major surprise for him to suddenly start scoring 1 goal every 3 games.

fair enough matt.

are you still boycotting vale next season because we re signed dodds?

yep cash is in my pocket, no season ticket or 10 gamer purchased. pick my matches if we end up terrible with the likes of dodds starting regularly I can stay at home while you seals clap and hoot

We’ve played no practice games other than the short 11 a side matches they do between themselves as part of normal training.

we play practice matches all the time, they just are behind closed doors. u21s play one a week unofficially normally against other clubs. unless youve signed for the vale and took part in every training session and not told us all?

Saturday's starting 11 will be interesting. We do seem to have quite a few intelligent footballers so I don't think being flexible over formations is quite the problem some think. Oyeleke may well have a bigger problem than Miller as he's missed both training and matches. Not sure lack of a full 90 minutes in preseason precludes starting as most players haven't played a full 90 yet.

Of the players who've done better than expected I'd guess you'd say Dodds, Rawlinson and Conlon.

Underperformed Legge, maybe Daniels although he was always going to take a little time to adjust (delivery in to the box was good in very short viewing of him), Kanu and maybe Quigley, although I think he's looked good in parts.

Vassell and Oyeleke have both had knocks so hard to call. Miller, only the squad could make a judgement. Joyce and Brown have both been good but that is as expected.

I think 8 of the 11 are probably fixed in Aspin's mind now which is less than when preseason started with the 3 players really showing up well maybe deserving starts.

I think Brown, Gibbons, Smith, Montano, Worrall, Joyce, Hannant, Pope are the 8 starters.

So theres a centre half, centre mid and forward place up for grabs. I'd say Conlon, Rawlinson and Dodds are in pole positions for those unless players like Legg, Miller and Oyeleke can pull something out of the bag in tomorrows game and the last week of training before the Cambridge match.

I think Brown, Gibbons, Smith, Montano, Worrall, Joyce, Hannant, Pope are the 8 starters.

So theres a centre half, centre mid and forward place up for grabs. I'd say Conlon, Rawlinson and Dodds are in pole positions for those unless players like Legg, Miller and Oyeleke can pull something out of the bag in tomorrows game and the last week of training before the Cambridge match.

That would be my guess. Maybe 2 centrehalves and one central midfield player If he goes 3 at the back and plays Montano as left wingback.

Impressed you could type that balancing a ball on your nose

Good response me owd foof bucket but i think you know better than me being a seal on here,i protested strongly over Bratt,i dislike smurf and i wasn't happy to see Dodds back but imo for someone to say they aren't going because of ONE player is pathetic,each to their own though and its your money

Good response me owd foof bucket but i think you know better than me being a seal on here,i protested strongly over Bratt,i dislike smurf and i wasn't happy to see Dodds back but imo for someone to say they aren't going because of ONE player is pathetic,each to their own though and its your money

Depends on how you look at it really if we do well and the teams playing well then I’ll be paying up to go week in week out. Bringing in a player like Dodds who is renowned through his career for drifting out of games and lacking conviction when the tackles start going worries me massively. This is going to be a hard season and I’m pretty impressed/happy with the majority of what’s come in which is a massive improvement on last year. However I’m not prepared to gamble 300 or 180 quid on paying in advance when I could well end up watching Dodds trott about doing nothing when I’ve already spent about 6 years doing it before with little positive result. I’d rather chance the great unknown and get a surprise than know for sure I’ll be watching that lazy pipe.

Guest TommyMac

I guess I'm allowed an opinion so I'm going to buck the trend. I can only see us finishing in the bottom half. I'm not impressed with Aspin's signings beyond Joyce and Dodds, his tactical nous is, IMO, non-existant but I do think we'll do slightly better than last season and be 5-6 points clear of the bottom 2.

Archived