onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Advert

Pretty sure I've seen more Vale matches than you've had hot dinners young man, I've seen the best and worst of times so show some respect anyway shouldn't u be doing some homework or something?

Bless me! We believe you when you say you have seen more games than most 'Exiles, but we are just as loyal to all things Port Vale ergo can we ask that you show a little respect in return.

With Jon McCarthy being at Southport i wonder if Aspin has had a look at Jason Gilchrist 23yr old striker

Seems like worth a look as he,s semi pro.

I,m sure he is on Aspins radar and he helped McArthy out earlier in the season by giving him a coaching job.

Still like to see Danny Rowe from Fylde on a contract but suppose Norman is still shopping in Poundland.

Hope Aspin manages to dump Lainton,Barnett and Davis.

Anyone else notice this quote from the Sentinel yesterday?

If the owner is doing our negotiating with agents again this summer, we are bang in trouble.

Yes. Aspin talks a lot of sense and like he knows what is required BUT I fear, as I have done for the last 5 years, that this clueless **** will not sanction the wages required to get enough required quality players in to progress us.

Guest TommyMac

This season we've suffered, and I do mean suffered with a Stevenage cast off and a Blackpool cast off as regular starters in a totally inept team. So why would we want to sign a Cambridge cast off?

If this is the calibre of player we're looking to sign, let's pull down the shutters, lock the gates and switch off the lights.

We've been heavily linked with Leon Legge.

Would be a good signing and some much needed power and experience at the back.

Came on today as sub when the game was dead and buried. Cheered to the rafters by the Cambridge fans. Great player but, as someone's said already, could we risk him with his long-term shoulder injury?

Aspo is preparing us for next season,he is saying how difficult it will be, how hard it will be to get in the right players.

Reading between the lines he is saying the budget wont allow us to have a team to challenge and that next season will be just as difficult and frustrating as this one.

We are going to have get injury prone,older, untried and a few experienced players in and hope they are better this seasons rable.

I also think he is sending a message to Smurthwaite at the same time.

Yes. Aspin talks a lot of sense and like he knows what is required BUT I fear, as I have done for the last 5 years, that this clueless **** will not sanction the wages required to get enough required quality players in to progress us.

Agreed expects everyone to live on fresh air whilst he trousers every last penny he can, the BBC wont alter now he will remain what he always has been a BBCFC.

Aspo is preparing us for next season,he is saying how difficult it will be, how hard it will be to get in the right players.

Reading between the lines he is saying the budget wont allow us to have a team to challenge and that next season will be just as difficult and frustrating as this one.

We are going to have get injury prone,older, untried and a few experienced players in and hope they are better this seasons rable.

I also think he is sending a message to Smurthwaite at the same time.

Realistically after the last 2 seasons I’m not sure how we can get from where we are now to promotion hopefuls this time next season, without massive investment. I can’t see that happening so I think we need some patience and expect consolidation in this division as we try to build again to a promotion winning side. This isn’t a quick job to fix.

Archived