onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

He may be a bit too old and had problems with a few injuries over the last two year, but Mike Williamson has been released by Oxford. Very experienced centre half who could help the young lads - plus he's local too.
Decent shout and a Vale fan too apparently.

Advert

I know it's still just talk.

But Aspin sounds a lot more prepared and focused, when speaking about the summer, than what we have seen or heard the last two summers.

I'm sure Aspin and Rudge has a shortlist written up, and now the hard work is getting people to come and having the financial backing. Aspin has to know by now, what his budget is. And not that he's going to put Norman down in public, but he hasn't insinuated in his normal fashion, about not having the backing.

I have faith in every bone in my body, that Aspin and his team, will work day and night to bring in the right players! And that we will be better for it, come August 4th.

Agree with that, I'm sure Rudge has been working hard to identify realistic targets but what I think is going to cost us is firstly money and secondly is our reputation as a crisis club on a downwardly mobile trajectory, if it came to any other club offering a player a deal along side Vale I would be amazed if they chose us. So we are looking at players either from non league or players from the league taking one last payday instead of going on to be a postman or something.....

Agree with that, I'm sure Rudge has been working hard to identify realistic targets but what I think is going to cost us is firstly money and secondly is our reputation as a crisis club on a downwardly mobile trajectory, if it came to any other club offering a player a deal along side Vale I would be amazed if they chose us. So we are looking at players either from non league or players from the league taking one last payday instead of going on to be a postman or something.....

Michael, you should be more concerned about

Saturday, and a Palace side that put 5 past Leicester. I wouldn’t worry about the Vale , or even attempt to try to make yourself look clever by posts such as that . Wash that Sjoke top , like a good man and who knows, maybe you’ll enjoy those days out at the likes of Brentford, Ipswich and Wigan. All together now: Bye Bye Bye Delilah.

Michael, you should be more concerned about

Saturday, and a Palace side that put 5 past Leicester. I wouldn’t worry about the Vale , or even attempt to try to make yourself look clever by posts such as that . Wash that Sjoke top , like a good man and who knows, maybe you’ll enjoy those days out at the likes of Brentford, Ipswich and Wigan. All together now: Bye Bye Bye Delilah.

Give it a rest it's getting boring.

Isn’t his dad a season ticket holder or used to be?
Not sure about that but a mate who is a Toon fan there was a feature in a match day programme where he said he was Vale, not sure about his fittest or ability now but being local possibly worth a look pre season?

You’re a Sjoke fan who’s trolling on here to try to wind us up. Always negative . Go away now , Michael.

Pretty sure I've seen more Vale matches than you've had hot dinners young man, I've seen the best and worst of times so show some respect anyway shouldn't u be doing some homework or something?

Unfortunately the main man possibly responsible? ( Brown ) i say possibly as i'm sure others were involved in the negotiations isn't here to face the music.

Surely serious questions should of been asked about the length of some of the contracts dished out, particularly given the age of some of the players.

Despite the fact since moving into midfield Kay has been decent there is no way at 34 he should of got a 2 year deal. The same applies to Barnett who in his last 61 appearances has notched 3 League goals.

Baffled by the rumours/ truth about Pugh and Tonge and if they have triggered extensions that leaves us with a predominantly dads army base before any more signings come in, and also takes up a chunk of the budget.

I think Kay can do a job though despite what i said above but he is 36 in October so surely a 20 games a season filler.

I dont think its unfortunate that Baldrick is no longer here - its a relief!

Watched the Boreham-Fylde game tonight. Maybe he had a bad game (well the whole team was dreadful), but Danny Rowe looked bang average tonight! I know he has scored goals for fun after new years, but he was practically invincible tonight.

Some games he may be 'invincible', but tonight I suspect he was invisible.

Archived