onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

After yesterday's loss with a whimper I can't wait to see Aspo's retained / offload list. I think it will be brutal but unfortunately that's what's needed. Once we know what we're left with in terms of a squad we can speculate (dream?) of exactly who and what we need. I wonder if we can see the midfield sorted for the first time in years? We've been rubbish in the middle of the park for donkeys.

Sadly it cant be as brutal as we/he would like after Brown dished out 2yr deals and appearance based extensions to contracts(no doubt some will blame Aspin for that when retained list announced),he would have to agree to pay some up at a guess which would have to come out of the budget

Advert

George Smith i believe has a release clause in his contract if relegated at chesterfield,he is a young left back they signed from Northampton for a fee...played 30+ games for Barnsley,the interesting bit is that he played for Gateshead under Aspin last season on loan

Bit unconvinced by that shout, been very much in and out of their side and for whatever reason Northampton deemed him surplus to requirements after only 6 games.

If he can't be a regular in a team coming 92nd is he the answer?

I think after Saturdays matchday squad I think it gives us a good idea of who from those out of contract may be going. Calveley gets on the pitch, so my guess is that he will be the only one of the first year pros offered something. He was also selected in front of Reeves and Middleton.

Where was Forrester? Can he really be justifed getting a new deal?

As for the left back I just don't see us going out and spending anything big wage wise, I think Montano has done enough to be first choice there. We just need some back up if he gets injured or suspended.

I think there are 4 priorties on that recrutiment list:

A more mobile striker to complement Pope.

An experienced keeper. It wouldn't surprise me to see us try to get someone like Neal back in.

A commanding centre half.

A more mobile box to box midfielder.

I think around those we will be using the loan market to try and get in players of a Whitfield type potential.

I think after Saturdays matchday squad I think it gives us a good idea of who from those out of contract may be going. Calveley gets on the pitch, so my guess is that he will be the only one of the first year pros offered something. He was also selected in front of Reeves and Middleton.

Where was Forrester? Can he really be justifed getting a new deal?

As for the left back I just don't see us going out and spending anything big wage wise, I think Montano has done enough to be first choice there. We just need some back up if he gets injured or suspended.

I think there are 4 priorties on that recrutiment list:

A more mobile striker to complement Pope.

An experienced keeper. It wouldn't surprise me to see us try to get someone like Neal back in.

A commanding centre half.

A more mobile box to box midfielder.

I think around those we will be using the loan market to try and get in players of a Whitfield type potential.

This Chris Neal love in is at fever point on here.

He has played quite a few games this season including Saturday just gone, on the Channel 5 show he almost threw one in his own net.

He is one of the best keepers at Vale in the last 20 years, Neal, Alnwick and Goodlad all very good.

However there are many many more keepers about to look at, rather than us keep reminiscing about the 2012/13 season.

Chris Neal is a very good keeper, will he be at Vale next season, i would say 95% not. Move on.

This Chris Neal love in is at fever point on here.

He has played quite a few games this season including Saturday just gone, on the Channel 5 show he almost threw one in his own net.

He is one of the best keepers at Vale in the last 20 years, Neal, Alnwick and Goodlad all very good.

However there are many many more keepers about to look at, rather than us keep reminiscing about the 2012/13 season.

Chris Neal is a very good keeper, will he be at Vale next season, i would say 95% not. Move on.

No love in from me, someone like him in terms of an experienced keeper I mean.

However I was hearing rumours from a few people upstairs at the game on Saturday that we could be looking at him. I took that with a huge pinch of salt.

I think we would be very foolish not to look at him. Fits exactly what we need. I'd love see you rapid wingers join. Just like last time with Vincent and jmw.

Mate those two were quality up to December and then JMW was quality all season. Not good enough for OS though, but then who is? I know one player :laugh:

I haven't followed all this thread but without question we need to focus all our efforts on bringing in 4 quality players. Proven quality. A 'keeper, centre half and vocal captain (if Howkins is beyond our means), goalscoring box to box midfield player, and a 10-15 goal partner (ideally) for Pope.

What little we have must go on those 4 positions and not get frittered away on 12-14 journeymen who are way past their best.

Quite honestly, I'd rather sign only 4 good 'uns than a dozen mediocre ones but the problem we have is that we need much better in all the key areas of the pitch and it costs a lot if you can even find these types.

Fingers crossed for miracles in the summer from Aspin, Rudge and the team.

Spot on Sage. We have spent the season buying cheap , then buying cheap again to replace the original cheap which wasn't good enough. Could we have a squad of 22 decent players rather than the 35 largely inadequate Norman has seemed to favour over the last few seasons. We have all seen where that has got us.

Kelly will be in the squad next season so I think we might actually be ok for a left back.

Need a first choice keeper, back up right back, centre half captain if we can cant keep Howkins and potentially a back up, two central midfielders, Whitfield, Harness or replacements on the wings and a 15 goal striker.

Not much then..

Bit unconvinced by that shout, been very much in and out of their side and for whatever reason Northampton deemed him surplus to requirements after only 6 games.

If he can't be a regular in a team coming 92nd is he the answer?

I wasn't saying he is the answer but players perform differently at different clubs if you know what i mean and he played a full season for Aspin so would know what Aspin expects.

Kelly will be in the squad next season so I think we might actually be ok for a left back.

Need a first choice keeper, back up right back, centre half captain if we can cant keep Howkins and potentially a back up, two central midfielders, Whitfield, Harness or replacements on the wings and a 15 goal striker.

Not much then..

I thought Kelly only had a one year deal?

I thought Kelly only had a one year deal?

These are the players whos contract is up this summer, we already know that Regis is off:

Ryan Boot

Joe Slinn

Kjell Knops

Charlie Walford

Luke Dennis

Harry Middleton

Graham Kelly

Billy Reeves

Mike Calveley

Anton Forrester

Chris Regis

Dan Turner