onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shopping list

RichG

Colin Daniel is a regular in the Blackpool first team. He also went on to score a fair few goals for us in league 1.

Most of these non league signings bolstering are squad are just to that standard. Non league.

I’d checked on wiki which said Daniel hadn’t played, it I see he has now, fair enough. Still don’t think players like him and especially are the type of player to improve us. If we want to push for play offs or better, then players like that are not what we need. Give me hannant over Daniel any day. It’s not as though we’ve filled our team with non league players. We have hannant and a couple who were worth a look at and will know more about next season.

Advert

I’d checked on wiki which said Daniel hadn’t played, it I see he has now, fair enough. Still don’t think players like him and especially are the type of player to improve us. If we want to push for play offs or better, then players like that are not what we need. Give me hannant over Daniel any day. It’s not as though we’ve filled our team with non league players. We have hannant and a couple who were worth a look at and will know more about next season.

Article on George Green online in the Daily Mail today.

Was the next George Best but had multiple problems and more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.Seems a bit of a gamble but obviously Micky Adams gave him a chance which didn’t work out.

Reckons he has sorted himself out now he is a daddy so a trial or short term deal might be worthwhile.

Surely Hornby has shown more capability than both Boot and Lainton, in the few games he has started.

As he is still under contract, he is surely here next season. As I think Lainton is too expensive to pay up, we keep him as our no. 3/training goalie.

Add a solid no. 1, and that situation is sorted! I trust our coaches and Rudge knows exactly what and who they are after!

So bye bye Boot and good luck elsewhere!

Article on George Green online in the Daily Mail today.

Was the next George Best but had multiple problems and more clubs than Jack Nicklaus.Seems a bit of a gamble but obviously Micky Adams gave him a chance which didn’t work out.

Reckons he has sorted himself out now he is a daddy so a trial or short term deal might be worthwhile.

His story is reminscent of Gary Roberts for me. A supremely talented player (every Vale player I've seen interviewed rate him as the best they've played with) who had mental health issues, notably addiction, which have never been dealt with well in football (John Coleman and Billy Kee being a notable exception).

Would be nice to give Green an opportunity to rebuild his career, providing we are prepared to support him in the same way we would a player with a nasty physical injury (like Knops this season). He's made it into the Jamie Vardy academy for the summer, which produced Danny Newton who's banged them in for Stevenage, so there will be a fair few clubs looking at him.

My vote would be to bring in a mixture of mainly quality seasoned Lge1/2 pro's together with a few players to take a punt on. Notts County is a decent model for Vale in terms of player recruitment after two disastrous seasons.

Vale have to bring in a quality Lge1/2 goalkeeper.

Surely Hornby has shown more capability than both Boot and Lainton, in the few games he has started.

As he is still under contract, he is surely here next season. As I think Lainton is too expensive to pay up, we keep him as our no. 3/training goalie.

Add a solid no. 1, and that situation is sorted! I trust our coaches and Rudge knows exactly what and who they are after!

So bye bye Boot and good luck elsewhere!

Hornby is obviously up to the job in my opinion. I think Roos is better than him, being older, but he has gone. No other goalie i saw last season at Vale is better. I do not want Neal back. I think he is getting old and was diminished after his injury before leaving Vale. Sorry to say that about Neal, but football is competitive sport and ruthless.

Hornby is obviously up to the job in my opinion. I think Roos is better than him, being older, but he has gone. No other goalie i saw last season at Vale is better. I do not want Neal back. I think he is getting old and was diminished after his injury before leaving Vale. Sorry to say that about Neal, but football is competitive sport and ruthless.

Chris Neal is only 32 and out of contract at Fleetwood.

He was unlucky with his injury at Vale and that Alnwick replaced him.A steady pair of hands and shouldn’t require too much out of the budget to sign.

Why can’t players like Barnett,Lainton and Davis be put on the transfer list and told to find another club.

Mickey put the whole team on the transfer list at one time.

Neal hasn't done anything since leaving us so I'm not sure he'd come here and be the division's best goalkeeper as some people seem to think. But he's out of contract so would be good competition for Hornby and I'm sure between the two of them we could have a decent number one and a reliable back-up.

Why can’t players like Barnett,Lainton and Davis be put on the transfer list and told to find another club.

The transfer list is only meaningful if someone comes to buy the players.

The Bosman era means players can sit out their contracts.

Barnett has done enough to suggest that although I’d let him go on a 1 year deal, the one year he has left could be used for him to contribute.

Chris Neal is only 32 and out of contract at Fleetwood.

He was unlucky with his injury at Vale and that Alnwick replaced him.A steady pair of hands and shouldn’t require too much out of the budget to sign.

I think we would be mad not to go for neal. Has everything you want in a keeper. I agree those others need transfer listing.

Surely Lainton and Barnett must be a couple of big earners on the wage bill?

I wouldn't be surprised that despite what fans may think that Aspin keeps Davis as cover.

Is there any such thing as a transfer list these days? It seems that if a club wants a player to go whos still under contract they'll tell them they're not wanted and to go and find another club or they'll be made a financial offer to leave, or if it gets really bad they'll be training with the youth side and ostracised. Either way though we'll have to pay them something to get them off the books if we want them gone early.

Surely Lainton and Barnett must be a couple of big earners on the wage bill?

I wouldn't be surprised that despite what fans may think that Aspin keeps Davis as cover.

Is there any such thing as a transfer list these days? It seems that if a club wants a player to go whos still under contract they'll tell them they're not wanted and to go and find another club or they'll be made a financial offer to leave, or if it gets really bad they'll be training with the youth side and ostracised. Either way though we'll have to pay them something to get them off the books if we want them gone early.

There is but it is relatively meaningless. In this day and age sending a player to the youth team is more done to appease fans as the cost remains the same. The only real impact is a player is even less likely to perform if called on due to injuries.

There have been cases in the past of experienced players having much better second seasons. Stockley was awful in his first season but played well in his second until he got injured. If you're stuck with a player it's best to try and retrieve some value.

Archived