onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our only hope Aspin gone

Quite agree, the Loons are taking over. While quite rightly Aspo has come in for criticism as performances have been poor. But the problem goes back to Pages departure unloading key players and replacing them with inexperienced loaners, and journeymen who no one else wants. Plus the appointments of Bruno and Brown. Aspo is making mistakes, but nothing compared to Smurfs reign of disaster. The blame for the current situation is clearly down to one man SMURF.

It's alright,binheadman is taking it in turns with mickygurns to try and wind us up.

Advert

I'm behind Aspin as we should all be for these last few crucial games. We can reflect on things in May, not now.

I do question his tactics sometimes but the real problem is the lack of funds being made available to him in the January window when we desperately needing a quality player or two to get us over the line.

Players were available. It's untrue to say that they weren't. Any one or two of the following would probably have done the trick but when you are cutting the wage bill and saving money the cupboard is bare. Dodds. Richards. Eagles.

We are trying to build a team with old timers, non league hopefuls and inexperienced loan players who are trying to get fit. It's ridiculous. And if anyone seriously thinks that Aspin and Rudge were allowed to sign the players they wanted in January then you're as daft as our chairman.

Players were available. It's untrue to say that they weren't. Any one or two of the following would probably have done the trick but when you are cutting the wage bill and saving money the cupboard is bare. Dodds. Richards. Eagles.

We are trying to build a team with old timers, non league hopefuls and inexperienced loan players who are trying to get fit. It's ridiculous. And if anyone seriously thinks that Aspin and Rudge were allowed to sign the players they wanted in January then you're as daft as our chairman.

Shaun Miller and Paul Green, who both went to Crewe, for two

I really do question the mentality of some people on here such as the op. Does the op really believe that changing the manager is all it takes to create a winning side, or that any other manager would be able to turn this useless bunch into a half decent team? As for the 'wrong tactics' comments, tactics are only useful if you have the players with the desire, mentality, ability and intelligence to execute them. We, clearly, don't. I will be renewing my season ticket next season regardless of what happens and supporting both the manager and the players

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I really do question the mentality of some people on here such as the op. Does the op really believe that changing the manager is all it takes to create a winning side, or that any other manager would be able to turn this useless bunch into a half decent team? As for the 'wrong tactics' comments, tactics are only useful if you have the players with the desire, mentality, ability and intelligence to execute them. We, clearly, don't. I will be renewing my season ticket next season regardless of what happens and supporting both the manager and the players

Sorry but Aspin has to go, don’t want to say it as he was a hero of mine. Buts it’s boring for him to say we are crud every week, he is working with these players and they have no discipline or courage. He is knocking his own players week in and week out and is eroding confidence that players might have. On current pronouncements I wouldn’t want to play for him. These players can and should be doing better and he isn’t getting the best out of them by a long way. In recent weeks he makes me feel even more down than I have ever been in over 50 years of watching the Vale. He hasn’t got a positive bone in his body!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

If Barnet win on Saturday the Vale will be doomed to none league football.

None league means no season ticket sales, no £22 walk up payments, hardly any pie sales at £2 profit, hardly any sales of shirts etc. from the shop.

Smurf will lose money and the club will eventually be none existent.

I bought a copy of the Non-league paper today. Maybe I wanted to see how things will be. I read that Hartlepool, Chester, Dagenham and Redbridge, Torquay and now probably York City are all in financial trouble, all former league clubs. Come on Vale, spare us this.

Different subject, Myrie-Williams signed for Hereford last week and scored a 30 yard screamer on Saturday. I know plenty had a go at him on here but we'd like one or two of his goals just now.

I'm behind Aspin as we should all be for these last few crucial games. We can reflect on things in May, not now.

I do question his tactics sometimes but the real problem is the lack of funds being made available to him in the January window when we desperately needing a quality player or two to get us over the line.

So Dodds,Richards and Eagles are Spring chickens.

Dodds hasn't scored in the league for Shrewsbury or a poor Chesterfield.Richards may still be good enough for Div 2 but wouldn't come back to Vale because of personal problems when he was here.Baldrick Brown should have saved some of his budget he used to sign kids and geriatrics to sign Eagles but he didn't and made him a pathetic offer so he could say he had tried to sign him.

The problem is that Aspin has also inherited Browns theory of making us hard to beat and playing one up front with a static midfield.

I bought a copy of the Non-league paper today. Maybe I wanted to see how things will be. I read that Hartlepool, Chester, Dagenham and Redbridge, Torquay and now probably York City are all in financial trouble, all former league clubs. Come on Vale, spare us this.

Different subject, Myrie-Williams signed for Hereford last week and scored a 30 yard screamer on Saturday. I know plenty had a go at him on here but we'd like one or two of his goals just now.

Don’t be fooled they all start well then Peter out no exceptions either

So Dodds,Richards and Eagles are Spring chickens.

Dodds hasn't scored in the league for Shrewsbury or a poor Chesterfield.Richards may still be good enough for Div 2 but wouldn't come back to Vale because of personal problems when he was here.Baldrick Brown should have saved some of his budget he used to sign kids and geriatrics to sign Eagles but he didn't and made him a pathetic offer so he could say he had tried to sign him.

The problem is that Aspin has also inherited Browns theory of making us hard to beat and playing one up front with a static midfield.

The problem is Aspin has inherited nothing , been given nothing and when he had something good (ie December)the rug was pulled from under him..The owner doesn't want us to be successful why continually keep reducing what the managers can do yet having/earning more money than since the bill bell era??

Brown was bad but that helped to shield the owner but the same rules seem to apply get anyone you want but for nothing and get rid of anyone who wants more money.

People mentioned budgets and sticking to them which is fine ,but when this is set soo low and you cant pay anyone more than a certain wage ceiling or for a certain length of time all less than the going rate any manager will struggle as have done and is doing

The players mentioned would walk into our current team but sadly we couldn't afford them as the owner has thrown a few coppers on the floor for Neil to pick up and try to make something out of.

Sorry but Aspin has to go, don’t want to say it as he was a hero of mine. Buts it’s boring for him to say we are crud every week, he is working with these players and they have no discipline or courage. He is knocking his own players week in and week out and is eroding confidence that players might have. On current pronouncements I wouldn’t want to play for him. These players can and should be doing better and he isn’t getting the best out of them by a long way. In recent weeks he makes me feel even more down than I have ever been in over 50 years of watching the Vale. He hasn’t got a positive bone in his body!

No substance whatsoever Walter,just pure conjecture.Ridiculous post.

I was guilty of giving Brown a chance and got that wrong. However, I am pretty sure Aspin is the right man and dedicated Port Vale stalwart as well. He has a really difficult task and may fail in keeping Port Vale in the League. But I will back him 100% no matter what happens, because he is doing his best. There are no other people out there who could do any better with the hand dealt here.

No substance whatsoever Walter,just pure conjecture.Ridiculous post.

It’s not conjecture to say he hasn’t motivated the team, can’t select a team and is talking a bad game before and after the game. As said loved him as a player but he is no manager at this level. Even Graham Westley who I hate is getting some results out of Barnet. Newport played an awful brand of football or hoof and throw it in football. We were worse in some aspects of the game. Aspin doesn’t get that Pope needs somebody playing 10 yards off him. He doesn’t get that we need a midfield enforcer. He doesn’t get that players, supporters need lifting not smashing in to the ground each week.

If Barnet win on Saturday the Vale will be doomed to none league football.

None league means no season ticket sales, no £22 walk up payments, hardly any pie sales at £2 profit, hardly any sales of shirts etc. from the shop.

Smurf will lose money and the club will eventually be none existent.

If we do fall into non-league, does that mean the council veto on the use of the ground still stands?? Wasn't it worded something like Vale Park had to be used for league football?? Well what about non-league football?? Ummm I wonder....

And oh, just in case the football club goes under, the ground is safely ring-fenced in another separate company. Lovely.

Might sound far-fetched, but it could be one explanation of why somebody seems to be doing their damnedest to get us into non-league....?

If we do fall into non-league, does that mean the council veto on the use of the ground still stands?? Wasn't it worded something like Vale Park had to be used for league football?? Well what about non-league football?? Ummm I wonder....

And oh, just in case the football club goes under, the ground is safely ring-fenced in another separate company. Lovely.

Might sound far-fetched, but it could be one explanation of why somebody seems to be doing their damnedest to get us into non-league....?

https://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2016/03/abandoned-football-stadium-scarborough-fc/

Archived