onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our only hope Aspin gone

I am staggered that some people here are slagging off Aspo. He’s Vale through and through. At the end of the game Saturday we had Pope, Barnett, Whitfield, Worrall and Harness on the field and an attacking fullback in the guise of Montano. Some of you guys presumably want Turner at centre half and Forrester as goalie. Aspo’s hands are tied with the squad he inherited and a tight fisted Chairman who gave him a farthing to play with in January. If we stay up it will be down to Aspo, if we go down the accusing finger of blame points to Coventry.

Sorry but Aspo is boring the fans, boring the players and doing my head in with being downbeat week in week out. I loved him as a player and he will always stay in my top Vale players. How many ex. Vale players have been successful at Vale Park as managers? Can’t think of any other than Horton who against odds kept us in the Championship. Aspo was brought in and he would have known what Smurth was all about he can’t make excuses. The football he is having us play is sterile and pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

But who signed Regis,Angus,Wilson,Howe,Jules,Raglan and Howkins?...I'm fully behind Aspo but his signings have been questionable.we even bought Howe!

Ok, if Aspins signings were questionable, as you put it,then tell us who he should have signed, could have signed or had the funds to sign.The players you've listed say it all.He has been betrayed and no doubt any promises he was made have not born fruition.

But who signed Regis,Angus,Wilson,Howe,Jules,Raglan and Howkins?...I'm fully behind Aspo but his signings have been questionable.we even bought Howe!
I find it really interesting that our last 4 managers have all signed such huge squads with little to no quality. Either each of those managers decided that that's the way forward, or, there's another reason why that keeps happening, year after year after year...whilst Smurthwaite has been here?

If there is some sort of conspiracy where Norman/Wilde’s and their mates have tried to do us over then it will almost certainly be uncovered. If this is the case then they’ve massively underestimated the lengths to which some of our fans will go to in ensuring that the information will be found and put out into the open. The whole fiasco with V2001/MOLD is proof of that.

Personally, I don’t think Norman ever intended for all this to happen and I don’t think there is some larger conspiracy involved (if there is evidence of this then somebody please make me aware). I think that he just made a massive mistake in trying to run the club and is totally clueless in how to run a football club. He should’ve got somebody on board who had experience on football and got them to either teach him how to do it, or, just do it for him and let him turn up to games and sit in the boxes cheering.

He had a chance to try and make up for his mistakes in January by backing his manager but he failed to do so (probably gambling on the fact we looked relatively safe then). He has a chance now to get some of his money back and sell the club to somebody that knows what they’re doing.

In regards to Aspin, if he can take the praise for the previous decent results then he can certainly take the criticism for the current poor run. I hope he turns it around but he’s got a difficult job on his hands.

A common sense post on here ....it will never catch on

You missed Hannant off who apart from Saturday has been one of our best players in games

Regis....was signed after being recommended by Rudge and those who saw him play said he stood out in the couple of games he took part in..but has a clear attitude problem

Angus....Aspin already said when he signed he was one for the future but they got him before someone else did

Wilson.....not convinced he was an Aspin signing as we tried to get him in August

Howe...to be fair we cant say what he is like but Lincoln fans were desperate to keep him

Jules......i will give you that one,looks a shocker that lad

Raglan.....Oxford fans shocked he went out as they saw him as their best defender

Howkins....i thought he did well saturday,strong,no nonsense and won most in the air

So to sum up i dont think they have questionable at all apart from Jules

You missed Hannant off who apart from Saturday has been one of our best players in games

Regis....was signed after being recommended by Rudge and those who saw him play said he stood out in the couple of games he took part in..but has a clear attitude problem

Angus....Aspin already said when he signed he was one for the future but they got him before someone else did

Wilson.....not convinced he was an Aspin signing as we tried to get him in August

Howe...to be fair we cant say what he is like but Lincoln fans were desperate to keep him

Jules......i will give you that one,looks a shocker that lad

Raglan.....Oxford fans shocked he went out as they saw him as their best defender

Howkins....i thought he did well saturday,strong,no nonsense and won most in the air

So to sum up i dont think they have questionable at all apart from Jules

Especially when you consider the constraints Aspin is clearly working under.

To me all the signings have been with a view to next season. I personally think Smurf took a calculated gamble and thought "we are safe" so didn't want to spend any money to enable more funds for Aspo in the summer.Lets face it we need yet another huge turnover of players to write the wrongs of Browns summer.

Would have thought this kind of decision would have been made in conjunction with Rudgie and Aspo not solely down to the chairman.

Is Aspin getting the best out of the players? I personally think he doing the best he can with a bunch of very average players.

Would Pep Guardiola or any other top manager get them playing any better, who knows? Be interesting to see, maybe a new reality TV format. "I'm a football manager, get me out of here"

Sorry but Aspo is boring the fans, boring the players and doing my head in with being downbeat week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

You must have missed the Page era then. Brown’s teams were always edge of the seat job. Ribiero played out from the back and stayed at the back.Aspo has tried to play attacking football but with the hand he’s been dealt with. It is a nigh on impossible position but he has us 5 points clear from the drop zone. I have faith in him if not the hierarchy.

You must have missed the Page era then. Brown’s teams were always edge of the seat job. Ribiero played out from the back and stayed at the back.Aspo has tried to play attacking football but with the hand he’s been dealt with. It is a nigh on impossible position but he has us 5 points clear from the drop zone. I have faith in him if not the hierarchy.

Since the Page era the Vale have won 27 out of 95 games oh to bored senseless and winning games in the 1st Division.

Haven’t missed any era since 1959 but yes Page was boring too. We certainly aren’t playing an attacking formation from the outset of matches. He keeps saying about getting players up in support of Pope it it isn’t happening. Some of the younger players need to step up, let’s see some passion and bravery at getting forward. In the last 15 minutes against Newport we had forwards on and in my humble view could have had 2 penalties, Worrall missed and Whitefield had 2 shots blocked. We need that pressure early in games. If we have to give Pope a well earned rest then let’s have players on with pace and play on the break.

Haven’t missed any era since 1959 but yes Page was boring too. We certainly aren’t playing an attacking formation from the outset of matches. He keeps saying about getting players up in support of Pope it it isn’t happening. Some of the younger players need to step up, let’s see some passion and bravery at getting forward. In the last 15 minutes against Newport we had forwards on and in my humble view could have had 2 penalties, Worrall missed and Whitefield had 2 shots blocked. We need that pressure early in games. If we have to give Pope a well earned rest then let’s have players on with pace and play on the break.

Walter you make it sound soo easy ,

We have a nothing squad with players with either young uns or old uns- young lads by nature these will not perform consistently with the rigours of first team football as they try to get up to speed and physicality of the professional game.

Any valued players are being flogged because there is nothing to replace them so expect poor performances as we have nothing else..

Whitfield is a prime example young lad burst on the scene got an injury and still not there but showing signs of improvement as Aspin easies him back..

We all know what we need as I'm sure does Aspin but he is doing his best to juggle a bottom half conference side in the league 2 basement battle.

you need to ask yourself why aspin managed it up to decemeber helping us pull away from the bottom and whats changed from jan 1st

Walter you make it sound soo easy ,

We have a nothing squad with players with either young uns or old uns- young lads by nature these will not perform consistently with the rigours of first team football as they try to get up to speed and physicality of the professional game.

Any valued players are being flogged because there is nothing to replace them so expect poor performances as we have nothing else..

Whitfield is a prime example young lad burst on the scene got an injury and still not there but showing signs of improvement as Aspin easies him back..

We all know what we need as I'm sure does Aspin but he is doing his best to juggle a bottom half conference side in the league 2 basement battle.

you need to ask yourself why aspin managed it up to decemeber helping us pull away from the bottom and whats changed from jan 1st

The only loss was Gunning and that can’t be to blame as he was a journey man at best, Aspin got rid of the players he didn’t feel up to it. He signed Raglan on loan and he has played 2 matches and dropped. Howe has a good reputation as a leader not played. What’s happened is that teams have realised stop Pope and Vale can’t score. I still believe we have quite a few players with ability that we should expect more from and indeed Aspin should be getting more from. My view is still that neither Brown or Aspin has got the best out of these players. For once I can’t blame Smurth because at our level Aspin has enough resources to make a much better job than he has in 2018. We are all back seat drivers as Vale fans and think we know best, that’s why we love football.

So basically what your saying is we need a manager and players to change our current tactics.

Yes Aspin seems to have fallen into the Baldrick Brown trap of trying to make us hard to beat but not score goals.

The midfield is static and don't get forward to support the forward (Tom Pope).They are busy protecting the back four who again with Davis at right back give us nothing going forward.

(He seems to always give the ball back to the opposition can't see what Aspin thinks he gives to the team).

Leaving Whitfield and Harness on the bench at home is again negative.

Could it be that Aspin is making out that the teams we are playing are world beaters and concentrating on their strengths rather than their weaknesses.

Archived