onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our only hope Aspin gone

I am in Aspin camp and agree Elderbezza, but the past counts for nothing. Dean Glover was the most gifted footballing defender ever to play for us. I rest my case.

Aspin sounded a beaten man in his interview on RS though even if we won 10-0 his accent is one of those humdrum types.

Aspin has to be supported but he is not exempt in this mess.

Last year I was vocal in as much as Brown took us down not Bruno.

I realise we were cut adrift when Aspin joined but lately his selection and scattergun approach are worthy of criticism

Advert

Many now can see that whilst Neil Aspin was a true legend as a player he is a poor manager.

The dressing room is clearly gone. He continues with the “only Tom Pope is capable of scoring” mentality.

For gods sake Neil drop Pope play two wingers and two forwards.

WE ARE GOING OUT OF THE LEAGUE do you have to bore us all to death as well.

Not a panic measure but let’s just get some one in to save us quick.

At last someone that can see past the sentiment and actually realises what's happening

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

At last someone that can see past the sentiment and actually realises what's happening

I support Aspin 100%, his appointment is one of the only things I think Smurf has got right. But lets say you're right and Aspin is the terrible clueless Manager you keep saying he is, who appointed him? Who appointed; Brown, Bruno and Page too? (Just need to point out I liked Page). Why now, do you want us to sack a manager and go through another long drawn out recruitment process? We spent half of last season with a caretaker manager, Smurf won't pay for quality, that's no longer up for debate. Why would anyone in their right mind want to go down that route?

Aspo has inherited a dog’s dinner. If we stay up it’s because of him not despite him. He has a Chairman who has no interest in the club. He has players who have no interest in the club. When he took over managing this failing institution we all said it would be a miracle if he kept us up. So we knew it was going to be a rollercoaster of emotions. We are five points clear and we have four of the teams in the dogfight to play. That miracle can be achieved and Aspo is the man to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

He hasnt been backed either people forget woth John Rudge there we should have been able fo recruit talent.

I support Aspin 100%, his appointment is one of the only things I think Smurf has got right. But lets say you're right and Aspin is the terrible clueless Manager you keep saying he is, who appointed him? Who appointed; Brown, Bruno and Page too? (Just need to point out I liked Page). Why now, do you want us to sack a manager and go through another long drawn out recruitment process? We spent half of last season with a caretaker manager, Smurf won't pay for quality, that's no longer up for debate. Why would anyone in their right mind want to go down that route?

Don’t say things like “ Let’s say you’re right” to Micky , or he’ll take it and run all the way to the Bet 365

with it. If Vale were near the top of the table , he’d disappear quicker than the gates receipts on Saturday. A Stokie all the way .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Barnet win on Saturday the Vale will be doomed to none league football.

None league means no season ticket sales, no £22 walk up payments, hardly any pie sales at £2 profit, hardly any sales of shirts etc. from the shop.

Smurf will lose money and the club will eventually be none existent.

A sobering thought , Boreham wood who currently are in the play offs vying to replace us .

Last 3 home games

Dover attendance 527

Gateshead attendance 464

Maidstone attendance 428

We simply have to stay up or we are looking at away support of 12 on some occasions and 2000 vale fans if we are lucky

If Barnet win on Saturday the Vale will be doomed to none league football.

None league means no season ticket sales, no £22 walk up payments, hardly any pie sales at £2 profit, hardly any sales of shirts etc. from the shop.

Smurf will lose money and the club will eventually be none existent.

Smurfthwaite will never lose money while the ground and club itself are in separate ownership. He would get back what he is realistically “owed” from the sale of the stadium and land alone. He might be daft, but he’s not stupid.

Smurfthwaite will never lose money while the ground and club itself are in separate ownership. He would get back what he is realistically “owed” from the sale of the stadium and land alone. He might be daft, but he’s not stupid.
Vale would go bump they as a non-league club could bot afford the rent on VP.

An opinion piece from Malcolm Hirst on the latest situation:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2018/02/opinion-worrying-times-for-vale-fans-are-owners-not-managers-fault/

I have to say I agree with Malcolm's viewpont. I also think it would be crazy to make another change. Anybody new has to deal with exactly the same squad we have which is what Aspin is trying to do. Aspin is going to make mistakes (I think he's under huge pressure and mistakes will happen, no-one's perfect) but he's still largely dealing with someone else's squad and with having it weakened rather than strengthened in January. I also think he deserves more time - he's been in charge for 28 games, not 208!

Aspin should not be immune from criticism and I really don't think it takes a miracle to save a team 5 points clear of the drop zone as things stand. I am reasonably confident that he will get us solid enough to scrape enough points to survive and with Ridge's help will be able to clear out in the summer and put together a half decent squad, budget permitting.

Aspin should not be immune from criticism and I really don't think it takes a miracle to save a team 5 points clear of the drop zone as things stand. I am reasonably confident that he will get us solid enough to scrape enough points to survive and with Ridge's help will be able to clear out in the summer and put together a half decent squad, budget permitting.

I tend to agree with your general comments, but unless we win somewhere along the line survival is in the balance. Lose to teams around us and....

After 30 games you say he has failed.....give your head a wobble

Like it or not his remit was to keep us in the league....if we are relegated he has failed,should we stay up he has succeeded and then can hopefully build

people are unbelievable at times

It's alright,binheadman is taking it in turns with mickygurns to try and wind us up.😂

Archived