onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ADF next to leave

Mario

Whilst I fully understand where Aspo's coming from as he hasn't used ADF I can't help but have some sympathy for de Freitas. Without repeating the plaudits others have given him earlier I always thought he looked best as an attacking left sided midfielder and struggled as a central midfielder.

His attitude has been 1st class and he deserves a decent career, I really wish him every success wherever he ends up.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Well we are certainly making a massive effort to prune the squad. Already, 10 days into January, we've seen several players depart: Denton, Gunning, De F, Knobbs, Pyke, Wilson.

Hopefully it means that we might see a few more arriving to join Angus.

And regardless of who our own favourites are and those we have never warmed to, cutting down the size of the squad is important to improve the overall quality.

I wish ADF well. You could never fault his commitment nor his professionalism. Perhaps didn’t compose himself very well at the appropriate time. A little bit of the headless chicken syndrome about him. I think there is a player in him just waiting to get out but just not with the Vale. But definitely not a Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Interesting to note there is not a single post slating ADF. He leaves with his head held high safe in the knowledge that his personality commitment and professionalism was recognised and appreciated. I regret that he did not enjoy more success on the field. We all hope he finds a good club to suit him.

I will probably get shouted down for this and I am fully aware that Aspin et al see far more of these players than we do, but... I am a bit concerned about Aspin's consigning of players to 'the missing'. For me, it feels that he could possibly have made rash decisions on players and there is then no way back for them. I was also disappointed that Kjel Knopps has claimed to have not really spoken with NA. Might be wrong, hope I am.

Not shouting you down one bit but who in your opinion has he made rash decisions on?? surprised on the Knops bit tbh as Aspin seems to be the kind of manager who goes out of his way to speak to players or put his around them going of what others have said

I would like to have seen ADF get a decent run in this side at league two level as think he may of given something but you cant argue with results.

Wish him well, one of the better attitudes whilst everything else was falling apart during last season and early this.

Wonder how different things may have gone it he had kept that effort down when he cut inside the Fleetwood box late on...

I'm always bemused at these kind of things. Generally speaking, if you want to get a message to someone you do it directly.

I'm sure Anthony would appreciate hand-written letters sent to him c/o PVFC...after all, how likely is it he reads this site?

I would like to have seen ADF get a decent run in this side at league two level as think he may of given something but you cant argue with results.

Wish him well, one of the better attitudes whilst everything else was falling apart during last season and early this.

Wonder how different things may have gone it he had kept that effort down when he cut inside the Fleetwood box late on...

I'd have been jumping up and down in the Fleetwood end, that's what!

Well we are certainly making a massive effort to prune the squad. Already, 10 days into January, we've seen several players depart: Denton, Gunning, De F, Knobbs, Pyke, Wilson.

Hopefully it means that we might see a few more arriving to join Angus.

And regardless of who our own favourites are and those we have never warmed to, cutting down the size of the squad is important to improve the overall quality.

Has Knops gone now?

Archived