onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ADF next to leave

Mario

Before he can bring better players in Aspin needs to ship out the fringe players either on loan or terminating their contracts.Just adding to the bloated squad would make things worse.Aspin seems to be forming his own opinion of who to keep and who to let go.If he doesn't do it now it will be too late when the window closes at the end of January.It also gives the players surplus to requirements to get fixed up with other clubs now.

If allowing De Freitas to leave allows him to sign a better player so be it.

Advert

I sure as h... hope, Kjell will be given a Yates style 6 month contract, to try and earn himself a new proper contract under Aspin!

In my eyes, it's the only proper honest thing to do!

Both Yates and knopps have contracts until summer when they both should be fit. Then I expect them both to be let go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I sure as h... hope, Kjell will be given a Yates style 6 month contract, to try and earn himself a new proper contract under Aspin!

In my eyes, it's the only proper honest thing to do!

Are you for real? Have I missed something and vale have transformed into a benevolent fund for every injured player in the country? If some of you had your way the only players we would have under contract are those who haven't played for 12-18 months!

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Are you for real? Have I missed something and vale have transformed into a benevolent fund for every injured player in the country? If some of you had your way the only players we would have under contract are those who haven't played for 12-18 months!

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Yes these players have been paid during their injury and that money could be used to pay players in the squad.We could have kept Gunning if we hadn't extended Yates contract.

The club have confirmed that ADF has now left by mutual consent.

Keep banging that drum about Yates short term deal, its way off the mark. FGR offered Gunning an extra year and a lot more money than we offered him. For a player of his experience we had him on the cheap, really cheap, when he signed his short term deal at the start of the season and we still wanted to keep him on the cheap with the new offer. FGR simply blew it out of the water, by a long way.

If the club think that Knopps can do us a job when hes fit, they'll offer him a new deal. If he isn't fit then they'll still have a duty of care to carry on his rehab and may even offer him a contract to cover that period too. Just like they did with Andoh, but the difference with him was they thought could command a fee as well as potentially being a good player for us if he got back to what he was (despite the severity of his injury). Maybe in the case of Knopps he has other irons in the fire in case his injury proves too much to come back from and he could just go back home, because its been a nightmare year for him.

But the bottom line is these deals don't jeopardise the playing budget and what the manager wants.

Thought ADF was one of Brunos better signings. Did seem to have energy when bursting forward from mid field, something we didn't do enough of. However, end product was never quite there. Appreciate our squad was again way too large and like most people on here want quality over quantity. ADF leaves with most peoples best wishes , a rare thing but a tag of it didn't happen for him at the Vale.

Sorry to see you go Anthony and good luck for wherever life takes you.

I did like him and thought he might have been a good option for fresher, younger legs in the middle of the park but Aspin obviously didn't agree.

Think he would have be ideal on the left hand side of a middle three but maybe too lightweight for two in the middle.

Archived