onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ADF next to leave

Mario

Twitter is reporting that ADF could be next to leave..

Mike Baggaley

Verified account

@MBaggers37

7m7 minutes ago

More

Likely to happen this week. It's not worked out for him but he has never given less than his all in a Vale shirt. Good luck @DeFreitasAntho #pvfc #PortVale

Advert

I think he just needed a goal as v Grimsby when he come on deserved one .

Its not for me to say he wasnt good enough but no assists and no goals in all appearances tells u all u need to know .

Good luck to the lad ,hope he finds his level

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I think he was just in the wrong environment to thrive. He came froma very different climate and culture to the UK, he was obviously trying but it is like taking a Touring Car to a Formula One race really. I think it would have helped him to have a season in non league here if he wanted to stay and play in the UK, there are not enough reserve games at Vale for him to have got up to speed for the first team and he wasn't really ready for that ahead of some of our other players.

Never utilised right under Brown (as a defensive midfielder when he's clearly got more to offer going forward) and never utilised full stop under Aspin.

He's played every week for the reserves with a bunch of kids, rarely made the matchday 18, and has conducted himself with professionalism. He could have left in the summer when every other foreign lad took a massive payout, but decided to stay to try and help us get out of this league.

The standard line is trotted out about him having 'no end product' but considering he was played in a similar role to Michael Tonge is at the present, what sort of end product we were expecting?

Overall, a real shame as one, I like the lad, and two, I still think there's a talented player in there. He's 6 months older than 'hot prospect and must be given time' Ryan Boot, 2 months older than Marcus Harness and younger than Tom Anderson. He was never going to be the finished product at such a young age, in a foreign country.

Best of luck ADF. Welcome in Burslem (should he get sick of the Monaco sun again) anytime.

I will probably get shouted down for this and I am fully aware that Aspin et al see far more of these players than we do, but... I am a bit concerned about Aspin's consigning of players to 'the missing'. For me, it feels that he could possibly have made rash decisions on players and there is then no way back for them. I was also disappointed that Kjel Knopps has claimed to have not really spoken with NA. Might be wrong, hope I am.

I will probably get shouted down for this and I am fully aware that Aspin et al see far more of these players than we do, but... I am a bit concerned about Aspin's consigning of players to 'the missing'. For me, it feels that he could possibly have made rash decisions on players and there is then no way back for them. I was also disappointed that Kjel Knopps has claimed to have not really spoken with NA. Might be wrong, hope I am.

Good valid point, i guess Aspo sees them in training day in day out. Already he is making a start sorting the wheat from the Chaff and we have to trust him.

Also for me Reeves and Turner have got to go on loan, Aspo not scared of youth ( Gibbons ) so as these have had no opportunities really under him then maybe a loan is good for both club and player.

It will still take a lot of sorting to trim the humungous unbalanced squad but i am happyish with the start we are making.

Surely it is unsustainable for a League 2 side even if the players are on peanuts to have so many players. The back of the matchday programme almost wasn't big enough to list our players :wink:

Gibbons had already been introduced to the side by the caretakers and played well. Aspin obviously agreed with their view.

Aspin's main success in giving "youth" a chance is the selection and support for Ryan Boot. Would have liked to see Denton get more paying time, but the signings / triallists so far have been relatively young.

On the other hand the older brigade (Kaye and Tongue) have worked their way back into the side, while the likes of Turner and Reeves have stayed out.

So, it looks like Aspin is picking his side on merit rather than birth certificate.

ADF worked hard but flattered to deceive. I don't think he had a great touch and at times he looked like a headless chicken.

I liked his positive intent, he was willing to break through the lines when the rest of our midfield looked pretty static.

I wish him well and rather admire him for his efforts to try and make a go of it here rather than get paid up last year and meekly return to the continent. The world likes a trier and he was one of those.

Like many here I often thought he had the ability to do ok at this level as he had a nice left foot, a bit of energy about him and scored a few goals for the reserves.

Sadly, he never fulfilled that potential in the first team for 90 minutes when his end product was zero. Brown I recall thought that he wasn't fit. I was hoping to see him make a breakthrough this year because at times he didn't look out of place and I fondly remember a few great cameo sub appearances from him (as with Reggie).

But if he isn't getting game time and is on the fringe of the first team squad it's better for everyone if he cuts his losses and leaves.

I suppose as time goes on it's only natural that your effort and enthusiasm wanes if you are not in the team and it appears that Aspin doesn't rate him highly enough.

He always came across as a lovely lad and I'm sure we all wish him the very best if he moves back to France.

Thanks for your tireless efforts Anthony and good luck in the future.

Archived