onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

Advert

Re the non league recruiting.If you look at JRs non league signings from the past.

Andy Jones came from Rhyl and made an instant impact as did Ian Taylor

who won player of the year 92-93 after being signed from Moor Green in the May.

I also suspect Gareth wotsit the Centre half we sold to Spurs also came from Rhyl. (I can’t flipping remember his name)

The only way to find out is to play them.

Danny Rowe was brilliant in both games for Fylde and would probably relish a chance to play league football.

I am sure Aspin knows him well.

Apparently he is on a huge wage at Fylde, a few league clubs who inquired couldn't match it!

Re the non league recruiting.If you look at JRs non league signings from the past.

I also suspect Gareth wotsit the Centre half we sold to Spurs also came from Rhyl. (I can’t flipping remember his name)

Anthony Gardner ,who Grew converted from a centre forward to centre half when a youth team player.Sold to Spurs and Bill Bell conned us all!!!That's who I think you're on about Jessie James

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Garath Griffiths came from Rhyl also , but went to Wigan and Rochdale. Cant remember yet the CH who went to Spurs, think he was locsl.

If we could get him back on a permanent deal I'd be over the moon. Doesn't seem to feature much at Bradford now but would be lethal in this league.

I'd sign him back in a heartbeat using some of the £620,000 funds we accumulated last season. Maybe £50,000 would do it? Bargain.

Baldrick Brown wasted that in the summer with his bizarre (bizar) signings and squad of 35 players.

I remember feeling sick when we sold Gardner for what then felt like a paltry £1 million. That was nothing compared to how sick I felt when Anthony moved to Hull for £2.5m and it emerged that Bell had sold the sell-on clause for some buttons.
Spot on !Behind the manager's back too !

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Have to shake ya head sometimes reading threads like this. Anybody who thinks Alex Jones would come back to Vale whether on loan or permanent is living in cuckoo land. First off he's crocked. Secondly,why on gods earth would he come back to Vale. Deluded.

What an absolutely stupid comment. He's one league above us. If he fell out of favour at Bradford and wanted another move we'd definitely be on his radar.

The thing for me with Rudge's non-league signings was that not all of them worked. For every Andy Jones you have a Derek Swan. For every Gareth Griffith you have a Paul West.

It may be talent, it may be fitness or injury record, it may be simply bad luck or it may be attitude but not all signings work. We can see that in some of the ones brought in this summer.

But for me, the gamble in bringing in Chris Regis and Dior Angus is that even if only one does make it, the outlay is much less than say bringing in an experienced 30 year-old and him failing.

Also, even if your experienced 30-something is a hit, he's not got any re-sale value like a non-league youngster may have.

So, for me, I would be more than happy for Vale to keep bringing in the odd "chancer" from non-league. That's not to say we fill the squad with them - there's still a need for experience, but if just one of those non-league signings is a hit (and you make sure as soon as they show potential that they are given a long contract) then you've potentially got another Jones, Taylor or (if presuming he is sold) Hugill sale to bolster the club coffers...

Archived