onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

Anderson is a far better footballer than gunning. Gunning has done well but he's really not that great. I would be very shocked if he left, he does seem a bit of an odd one though.

I think Gunning has done a good job for us and has been a big part of our improvement. Aspins interview yesterday was very telling though, either Gunnings holding out for a better deal from us or someone else and he could be off I suspect.

Advert

Aspin and Rudge will know his worth, but frustrating when players think they are better than they are, and it is the club that is showing them in a good light, but that is football.
Trying to be fair to the guy, reading back my earlier post, none of us have any idea of what he is being paid. If he took a lower wage so that he could try to prove himself and now maybe he feels that he has so is looking for a wage comparative with others of his ability. But he's certainly not irreplaceable so if a comparative wage has been offered and rejected, I certainly wouldn't go any further and look elsewhere

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Sounds like the Dior Angus deal is a done one. I think it's wholly refreshing that we appear to be looking at younger, up and coming, players from non-league, giving them the chance to make it in the professional game. I'd much prefer that than simply looking at journeymen professionals with little scope to improve or make us any money, who are often only here for the money. Some will make it, some will fail, but it sounds like it's going to be an exciting journey if it becomes the norm.

Be interesting to see if Angus comes in whether Forrester is paid up and shown the door.

I would also still be looking at Billy Knott. Only making the bench at Lincoln and only contracted until the summer. His career has gone backwards last 2-3 years but there’s definitely a player in there somewhere.

Be interesting to see if Angus comes in whether Forrester is paid up and shown the door.

I would also still be looking at Billy Knott. Only making the bench at Lincoln and only contracted until the summer. His career has gone backwards last 2-3 years but there’s definitely a player in there somewhere.

Billy needs to shed a bit off his midrift , as he looks like he's had a few too many pies recently

Sounds like the Dior Angus deal is a done one. I think it's wholly refreshing that we appear to be looking at younger, up and coming, players from non-league, giving them the chance to make it in the professional game. I'd much prefer that than simply looking at journeymen professionals with little scope to improve or make us any money, who are often only here for the money. Some will make it, some will fail, but it sounds like it's going to be an exciting journey if it becomes the norm.
And yet we don't play turner who is already ours and has scored 3 goals this season in league 2.

And yet we don't play turner who is already ours and has scored 3 goals this season in league 2.

I'm sure if aspo thought he was ready he would. He's had no qualms playing gibbons or boot. He sees the guys day in day out so surely we should defer to his judgment so far?

I love non-league signings! Give people hungry enough the chance having scouted them well and see what they can do. Some will work and some won't, but when you pick up a gem, it's bloody brilliant. We obviously need a balance, but give me a good non-leave signing over a has been who's legs have gone any day. Really looking forward to seeing what these young lads can do with proper training and coaching. The opportunity is there for them to take!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want turner to do well sooooo much. But he hasn't torn up any trees yet. I'd get him on loan for the rest of the season and see if he comes back looking a man like smithy has. I bet Torquay would have him in a second if we have links there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we have spent money on a player we know is not ready for the first team but have let Gunning go, a player who has been a big part of our revival under Aspo. We are not safe from relegation yet, it is easy to destabilise a squad.
We haven't 'let him go' as you put it. He was offered a contract and hasn't accepted. What more would you expect the club to do in this situation? if it's about money, would caving into any demands made by gunning risk 'destabilising' the team even more? Plus Anderson is more than a match for gunning.

It’s one thing signing players with potential, but we can’t pin our hopes on players like Regis and the forward from Redditch being ready to go in straight away and make a difference to the starting 11. That’s a big ask I think. We need to offset these kind of signings with some league ready players too if we can.

Archived