onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

Advert

One or two jumping up and down about FGR signing loads and winning one game might want to take a look at Chesterfield result at Accrington yesterday. They too signed a few.

Those two clubs had to try something different or are going to be relegated .

Aspin can be slightly more choosy I hope and get the right player in, not just ANY player.

I might be wrong but did we not sign Tyler Walker and Callum Guy last January ?

90% of posters on here, including one's people suck up to wanted Anthony Grant gone, he was constantly slated as a bad egg and not being interested.

The Alnwick situation was simply a farce. Rangers were in for him well before he went and we had no contingency plan.

It is only January 7th we will see how things pan out in the next couple of weeks.

I am certainly no fan of Smurf whatsoever but would not hold him responsible for signing 2 absolute clowns from Scottish reserve football or the re-signing of one of the most half hearted players I have ever seen. Ryan Taylor.

Pugh is a better left back than Gunning and a better left back than he is a midfielder at this stage. Kelly may not be giving people the dopamine hit of being a new siging but his introduction to the matchday squad every bit as interesting as Dior and Regis. I’m not yet convinced by Davis but we haven’t exactly been shipping loads of goals since his introduction and Anderson will be back soon. The FGRs and Chesterfields of this world have to take a level of risk in the January window that frankly, I don’t think we need to, plus we’ve got a bloated squad. Losing two on the spin is a wake up call but there’s sufficient quality in the present squad to do some calm business in the summer rather than panic now.

Yet again no Billy Reeves in the squad yesterday and no Dan Turner either, can’t help but think these 2 might benefit from a loan if they’re still in Aspins plans.

I also think it’ll be interesting to see what happens with players like Wilson, Middleton, ADF & Hornby. Whether we let their contracts run down, or in the case of those on a longer deal - pay them off or loan them out.

Also another game where Forrester didn’t feature and Barnett got the nod. I really think Forresters days here could be numbered too.

Whatever is to happen,i certainly have more faith in Aspin and Rudge to bring in the right players than i ever was with Page, Bruno or Brown

I agree, although I'm a little worried we're only going to sign non-league players. League experience shouldn't be underestimated in our current predicament.

Shopping list:

GK

LB

CB

I agree, although I'm a little worried we're only going to sign non-league players. League experience shouldn't be underestimated in our current predicament.

Shopping list:

GK

LB

CB

Yes i agree with that but also i guess it can work if you get the better non league players and i trust aspo to do that...i mean i saw someone saying on the game thread that Angus is out of his depth,now after what was it 15 minutes he was on,to say that is one of the silliest things on here in a long long time,how experienced is Wilson yet he has looked out of his depth everytime he has played,so i do think non league players can work and tbh i dont think aspo will only look there

One or two jumping up and down about FGR signing loads and winning one game might want to take a look at Chesterfield result at Accrington yesterday. They too signed a few.

Those two clubs had to try something different or are going to be relegated .

Aspin can be slightly more choosy I hope and get the right player in, not just ANY player.

Spot on a darren. We have spent 2 summers signing loads od players, and look how that has worked out! Aspo has worked miracles and now has a little breathing space to get the right bodies in the building, and not just bums on seats (we haVe signed too many bums in the last 18 months). Not all signings wIll have an immediate impact, but will be part of a medium and long term strategy as Aspo and Rudgie start to lay the foundations to a balanced squad which is long overdue.

Archived