onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Be a man Brown.....resign!

Robbie Earle's Perm

just got back from the Ricoh,

My lad said something to me today that kind of sums it up for me

Port Vale FC are a League 1 club, with championship fans playing in league 2 with a non league team , manager and owner

Your lad sounds very sensible Bob!

Brown has to go sadly.

Advert

Seen this posted on the Oatcake, Might he have a point?

"Would say one of the big problems at Vale is the fans. They've fallen out with every owner of the club during my lifetime from what I can recall. When its not going well they're looking to oust the board, justify not going to hurt the board and will financially hurt their club to try and get their own way.

I haven't heard of any clubs supporters falling out with a fan owned board before, but they've driven another owner to the brink who was actually funding them massively out of his own pocket. But that seems to be the entitlement, that a chairman will come in and just sink all his money into it with no care for the consequences. Just whatever money it takes to make the vale fans happy. Robbie Williams has even come in for some criticism for not being this man, not sacrificing his wealth for the happiness of the vale fans.

In some regards though, now they're a club nearly 30 years down the line of constantly taking exception at the chairman trying to run the club in a sustainable way they think will yield positive results. Who can go in and ever get anything positive out of it? There's no patience, no reasoning. Any sleight will be the signal for a fan uprising against the board.

Smurthwaite seemingly tried his best, he saw the club was unsustainable financially and tried to change the way it was run. It didn't work and even before midway through the season the fans had driven him to the point he didn't want to be there. If the guy who owns the club doesn't want to be there, and doesn't want to foot the bill anymore then of course relegation is almost inevitable."

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/271205/vale-relegation-conference-watch?page=10#ixzz4sCcfIzsL

Very, very rich from a fanbase who violently stormed the offices of the owner who has gone on to give them signings from Bayern and PSG, a decade of Premier League Football, and free away travel to Old Trafford and Anfield. All this whilst running the club sustainably and ensuring stability for decades to come. They literally invaded the boardroom. But nah, we're entitled cus we had a protest when our ground was re-mortgaged and were unhappy with our owner when we drop to 92nd in the Football League.

If there's any such thing as entitled fans, its our neighbours (remember the vitriol to TP, the man who got them in the Prem and solidified them? Or the anger towards Sparky at the back end of last year as they only finished mid-table instead of 9th?).

I'm actually laughing at a Stoke fan, drawing with Utd, claiming Vale fans, 92nd in the FL, are entitled, given their antics the past decade.

Very, very rich from a fanbase who violently stormed the offices of the owner who has gone on to give them signings from Bayern and PSG, a decade of Premier League Football, and free away travel to Old Trafford and Anfield. All this whilst running the club sustainably and ensuring stability for decades to come. They literally invaded the boardroom. But nah, we're entitled cus we had a protest when our ground was re-mortgaged and were unhappy with our owner when we drop to 92nd in the Football League.

If there's any such thing as entitled fans, its our neighbours (remember the vitriol to TP, the man who got them in the Prem and solidified them? Or the anger towards Sparky at the back end of last year as they only finished mid-table instead of 9th?).

I'm actually laughing at a Stoke fan, drawing with Utd, claiming Vale fans, 92nd in the FL, are entitled, given their antics the past decade.

Those lot make out our decline is deserved and revel in it. BECAUSE we used to celebrate being in the First Division and we had a cheek to celebrate all the derbys we won etc.

Yet they showed nothing but violence and nastyness towards Vale Fans back in the 90s but we deserved that because we had the cheek to enjoy the success John Rudge gave us in the 90s.

Entitled they are, they always thought they had a divine right to be in the premiership remember their tantrums during the 96/97 season ?

Problem we had is that if brown leaves (and I hope he does) our joke / loser of a chairman won't pay the money required to get a good manager. That's why we have ended up with Brown the clown... that's al we could afford!

People are mentioning Coleman and Ainsworth... my guess is that that idiot owner wouldn't pay them anywhere near what they want.

Norman Smurthwaite... destroying a family club day by day!

Problem we had is that if brown leaves (and I hope he does) our joke / loser of a chairman won't pay the money required to get a good manager. That's why we have ended up with Brown the clown... that's al we could afford!

People are mentioning Coleman and Ainsworth... my guess is that that idiot owner wouldn't pay them anywhere near what they want.

Norman Smurthwaite... destroying a family club day by day!

Thanks Norman Smurthwaite for taking us to rock bottom.

In 35 years of supporting my club I have never felt this low and have no optimism for the future. I feel hurt tonight as do thousands of other fans who have followed this great club all their lives.

I don't thank you for anything you have done for Port Vale because you haven't done anything other than take us hurtling towards the foot of the football,league since the day you walked in the door.

Your behaviour as a football chairman and custodian of the club has been nothing short of a disgrace.

On the field we have gone backwards at an alarming rate. Let's be honest you kind of jumped on the bandwagon during the promotion season, it wasn't your doing. It was because we had a good manager in place. The rest has been shambolic from your treatment of Rob Page, your contempt towards fans and now to the appointment of one of the most clueless managers in Michael Brown I've ever seen as we sit bottom of the football league. That's not to mention your appointment of Bruno Ribero with a shocking track record.

The stadium is the worst I've ever seen it, from no refreshments at half time, to seats in the Bycars that don't match with the rest, to hand scribbled notes as signs, I could go on but it's an embarrassment.

I despise you Smurthwaite, you should never be allowed near a football club again as you continue to destroy ours.

The concern about this is who would replace him? We need an experienced manager.Whoas an experienced manager would take on the task?. Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? The blue one with the white hat must se very happy with his achievements

If Brown doesn't resign then Garlick should sack him.

Oh, hold on a minute. He can't sack him as he has gone on holiday.

I cannot believe that with the club in our position allows the Secretary/ Chief Executive to go on holiday during the football season. Something I have never heard of before.

To me, if he cannot be bothered to be here during the season then he needs to resign. If he doesn't walk then he needs sacking.

Come on Chairman Fradley, do what is best for Port Vale and ensure that Brown and Garlick are sent packing.

Oh, hang on a minute. Fradley only became Chairman because he paid his "good friend" Scumthwaite an amount which I am led to believe is a six figure sum for the position, but does not come with any authority.

You know what they say though. The buck stops at the top. Which is you Scumthwaite, the real cancer in our club. Please sell up and get out of Burslem and Port Vale. A once proud club that you,single handedly, have brought to it's knees and on the brink of non league football, which I for one never once entertained the idea during my near 60 years of following this once proud club.

You once said that you would leave the club in a better place than when you bought it. Did you mean by taking us so far down the football pyramid that we would eventually fold and that we would end up reforming and sharing a ground with Newcastle Town. Let's face it you would think that Clayton is a better place than Burslem.

*********** GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

If Brown doesn't resign then Garlick should sack him.

Oh, hold on a minute. He can't sack him as he has gone on holiday.

I cannot believe that with the club in our position allows the Secretary/ Chief Executive to go on holiday during the football season. Something I have never heard of before.

To me, if he cannot be bothered to be here during the season then he needs to resign. If he doesn't walk then he needs sacking.

Come on Chairman Fradley, do what is best for Port Vale and ensure that Brown and Garlick are sent packing.

Oh, hang on a minute. Fradley only became Chairman because he paid his "good friend" Scumthwaite an amount which I am led to believe is a six figure sum for the position, but does not come with any authority.

You know what they say though. The buck stops at the top. Which is you Scumthwaite, the real cancer in our club. Please sell up and get out of Burslem and Port Vale. A once proud club that you,single handedly, have brought to it's knees and on the brink of non league football, which I for one never once entertained the idea during my near 60 years of following this once proud club.

You once said that you would leave the club in a better place than when you bought it. Did you mean by taking us so far down the football pyramid that we would eventually fold and that we would end up reforming and sharing a ground with Newcastle Town. Let's face it you would think that Clayton is a better place than Burslem.

************ GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

Smurf wouldn't dare sack Brown whilst Garlick is out of the country would he? Garlick wouldn't sack Brown as he knows Smurf holds him responsible for his appointment, and if we look at Smurf's OVF PMs Garlick would also lose his job.

Is this a holiday, or a bit of 'gardening leave' as Smurf regains his stranglehold on Port Vale?

Who would want to come and manage Vale at the moment. We have an Owner that does not want to be at the ground and made that very public. Is there the money to pay an experienced manager the money they would want?

Hence why Brown was appointed and wont be sacked or encouraged to resign.

Smurf wouldn't dare sack Brown whilst Garlick is out of the country would he? Garlick wouldn't sack Brown as he knows Smurf holds him responsible for his appointment, and if we look at Smurf's OVF PMs Garlick would also lose his job.

Is this a holiday, or a bit of 'gardening leave' as Smurf regains his stranglehold on Port Vale?

Good point that, it's certainly very strange for the CEO to go on holiday during the football season.its not like he didn't know what date the season started when he booked the holiday.

Would explain why it feels as though the club is having the life choked out of it.

Good point that, it's certainly very strange for the CEO to go on holiday during the football season.its not like he didn't know what date the season started when he booked the holiday.

Just fits very conveniently with the 'if Brown goes so does Garlick' and the current untenable position Brown finds himself in.

Maybe his antics in the past have made me too cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if we see mass sackings on Monday with Smurf back in the fold under the pretence of a night in shining armour.

Archived