onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Be a man Brown.....resign!

Robbie Earle's Perm

Just about every team that gets relegated has a bad start

The issue as I understand it is not just that we are losing matches but why we are losing matches and the increasing belief that the reason is the manager.

NS is the main player in all of this but if the manager is inept then replacing him may yield rapid results..replacing the owner even if he accepted an offer today could take weeks/months to happen and just as long to make a positive difference.

We can't change the players, ownership change is unlikely any time soon, a change in club mgmt (CEO /chairman etc) is not likely to change things on the pitch so what can be changed to affect what happens on the pitch..the manager. That is why the position is under scrutiny.

Advert

Seen this posted on the Oatcake, Might he have a point?

"Would say one of the big problems at Vale is the fans. They've fallen out with every owner of the club during my lifetime from what I can recall. When its not going well they're looking to oust the board, justify not going to hurt the board and will financially hurt their club to try and get their own way.

I haven't heard of any clubs supporters falling out with a fan owned board before, but they've driven another owner to the brink who was actually funding them massively out of his own pocket. But that seems to be the entitlement, that a chairman will come in and just sink all his money into it with no care for the consequences. Just whatever money it takes to make the vale fans happy. Robbie Williams has even come in for some criticism for not being this man, not sacrificing his wealth for the happiness of the vale fans.

In some regards though, now they're a club nearly 30 years down the line of constantly taking exception at the chairman trying to run the club in a sustainable way they think will yield positive results. Who can go in and ever get anything positive out of it? There's no patience, no reasoning. Any sleight will be the signal for a fan uprising against the board.

Smurthwaite seemingly tried his best, he saw the club was unsustainable financially and tried to change the way it was run. It didn't work and even before midway through the season the fans had driven him to the point he didn't want to be there. If the guy who owns the club doesn't want to be there, and doesn't want to foot the bill anymore then of course relegation is almost inevitable."

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/271205/vale-relegation-conference-watch?page=10#ixzz4sCcfIzsL

Bit rich considering they tried to lynch their current owner during his first stint as Chairman. They didn't exactly love their Icelandic owners either.

Just about every team that gets relegated has a bad start

The issue as I understand it is not just that we are losing matches but why we are losing matches and the increasing belief that the reason is the manager.

NS is the main player in all of this but if the manager is inept then replacing him may yield rapid results..replacing the owner even if he accepted an offer today could take weeks/months to happen and just as long to make a positive difference.

We can't change the players, ownership change is unlikely any time soon, a change in club mgmt (CEO /chairman etc) is not likely to change things on the pitch so what can be changed to affect what happens on the pitch..the manager. That is why the position is under scrutiny.

Yes understand their point , I wouldn't want to be a Football Chairman. Isn,t this the same Stoke City where the fans once stormed the hospitality area at Stoke and a certain Mr Coates had to flea for his safety. As I said who would be a football chairman.

"Would say one of the big problems at Vale is the fans. They've fallen out with every owner of the club during my lifetime from what I can recall. When its not going well they're looking to oust the board, justify not going to hurt the board and will financially hurt their club to try and get their own way.

I haven't heard of any clubs supporters falling out with a fan owned board before, but they've driven another owner to the brink who was actually funding them massively out of his own pocket. But that seems to be the entitlement, that a chairman will come in and just sink all his money into it with no care for the consequences. Just whatever money it takes to make the vale fans happy. Robbie Williams has even come in for some criticism for not being this man, not sacrificing his wealth for the happiness of the vale fans.

In some regards though, now they're a club nearly 30 years down the line of constantly taking exception at the chairman trying to run the club in a sustainable way they think will yield positive results. Who can go in and ever get anything positive out of it? There's no patience, no reasoning. Any sleight will be the signal for a fan uprising against the board.

Smurthwaite seemingly tried his best, he saw the club was unsustainable financially and tried to change the way it was run. It didn't work and even before midway through the season the fans had driven him to the point he didn't want to be there. If the guy who owns the club doesn't want to be there, and doesn't want to foot the bill anymore then of course relegation is almost inevitable."

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/271205/vale-relegation-conference-watch?page=10#ixzz4sCcfIzsL

Arguably some fair points but one should not tolerate incompetence and worse because someone is a fan or puts money in. The issue for many with NS for example is not how much he put into the club but how he spent it.

Let's not go there with V2001 etc

Most were happy with NS until he made decisions that took us down a very risky path which simply was not necessary.

I suspect the Oatcake poster whilst perhaps well intentioned does not know anything like the full story

Bit rich considering they tried to lynch their current owner during his first stint as Chairman. They didn't exactly love their Icelandic owners either.

I was going to make the same point. No one's invaded the directors' box at VP yet, although I've a sneaking suspicion that's why the other half of the LS hasn't been completed.

Talk is cheap from a fan of a club lauding it in the Premier League. The Sjoke fans that I know are aware that Smurthwaite is a deluded idiot and some actually feel sorry for us.

The comments made in regards to Bratt and his cronies proves that the writer knows 'Jack' about Port Vale. My advice to him is 'none bowlers off the green!'

Yes understand their point , I wouldn't want to be a Football Chairman. Isn,t this the same Stoke City where the fans once stormed the hospitality area at Stoke and a certain Mr Coates had to flea for his safety. As I said who would be a football chairman.

Someone told me he had to fake a heart attack and leave the ground in an ambulance.

My mate's dad's mate stormed the boxes that day. Everyone else was going nuts, he just calmly walked up to the bar and pulled himself a pint.

Someone told me he had to fake a heart attack and leave the ground in an ambulance.

My mate's dad's mate stormed the boxes that day. Everyone else was going nuts, he just calmly walked up to the bar and pulled himself a pint.

Least he had his priorities in order.

Really??? That from a Stoke fan?! The same fans who wanted to lynch Coates years back? Spoken like a true post 2008 plastic fan.

They fell out with the Icelandics and stormed the boardroom after Coates blood and they somehow think they're better?!

Surely brown will sit down tonight and mull over what he's going to do and resign. (Hopefully)

Smurf has made lots of mistakes but the sooner he sacks brown,if he won't resign, the longer a new manager has.

The results have been poor but it's the performances that worry me. Either there is no plan or the players can't follow it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived