onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Be a man Brown.....resign!

Robbie Earle's Perm

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted on OVF for a long time, but now feel the need to express my anger towards NS & MB for whats happened to our club over the last 6 months.

We have the basis of an OK team, but the coaching and managerial staff seem completely clueless on the field, and in denial off the field. If we keep on losing then confidence is incredibly hard to get back and the results will not improve.

League two isn't the prettiest of leagues and there is a way of getting out of it as MA showed, but it's also notoriously hard once you're down the bottom of the table and you only have to look at some of the clubs that have fallen into the non league divisions and can't get promoted.

Personally I've had enough, Brown needs to go NOW before the damage is carried on into winter and it starts to become irreversible.

Advert

Does every thread have to turn into a Smurf thread? Sure we had this the other week when threads were closed because they went off topic. Brown is the reason the team are not performing. The squad he has built should not be bottom of the football league, the tactics he employs mean we are. Anyone would be better than we are now, we literally cannot get any worse. Abusing Smurf right now will not improve us, replacing Brown might.

Of course it does sadly even though the budget he's given is clearly a strong one with all these promotion winners and league 1 players in it.

The simple fact is the owner can't pick a manager who can develop a team.

My mate officiated the game yesterday and said the dissent he heard shown by the Vale players towards our bench was the worst he'd heard in his time in football. Brown and brick head have clearly lost the dressing room.

Of course it does sadly even though the budget he's given is clearly a strong one with all these promotion winners and league 1 players in it.

The simple fact is the owner can't pick a manager who can develop a team.

My mate officiated the game yesterday and said the dissent he heard shown by the Vale players towards our bench was the worst he'd heard in his time in football. Brown and brick head have clearly lost the dressing room.

That's thing on paper the squad is a good one. Especially at this level. It is the manager, and the blame does at the moment sit with smurf because Brown should never have been appointed after last season.

I actually laughed out loud listening to Michael Clown's post match interview.

He described losing Lainton to injury again as "unbelievable"

It's not though is it? That's what happens when you sign an injury prone player!

I'd not heard of Lainton before we signed him but a quick google search told me he was a sicknote! Why couldn't our staff have done that?

What is going on at this club?

Spot on about Lainton. We now have a collection of blue badge holders, good job the Heywood walk in centre isn't far away Brown can hold training sessions on their car park for convenience.

Browny is now showing all the classic symptoms of a failing, struggling manager who has run out of ideas in his interviews. 'We can turn it around', 'unlucky', 'need to put our chances away', etc., etc. They're all excuses from the Boys Own Bumper Book of B0!!0cks Football Phrases and demonstrate he's now relying on luck as opposed to knowing what to do. The bit I really can't understand is his persistence in not playing full backs and this idea of midfielders 'pushing on' to support the attack, it clearly doesn't work. We've scored hardly any goals since last Christmas and, more worryingly, we have hardly any efforts on goal.

Sorry Michael, you just haven't got it and never will have if you don't learn from experience and observing how successful managers do things.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

As you will know James I'm sanguine for the most part and, as I have said to you before the 'League status of all things Port Vale does not impact one way or another on my personal life.

I'm a cradle to grave Valiant and like many other Valiants' have witnessed the good, bad and downright ugly of Port Vale's journey - including where we are now.

However James, and perhaps for the very first time with regards a team manager, my opinion is that should Michael lose the next 2 games he should go, but not with head bowed in shame.

p.s. sorry Iron Curtain, my post is a reply to REP. My bad :doh:

I agree AR, no need for hanging his head, he's tried and he's simply nowhere near good enough for league management.

I agree AR' date=' no need for hanging his head, he's tried and he's simply nowhere near good enough for league management.[/quote']

This has been clear virtually since he was appointed. He took over at a time when we desperately needed experience but the least I expected was a new manager bounce. It never happened. He shouldn't have been appointed in December. He should not have been confirmed in the role in the summer. He shouldn't be manager now. It is, sadly, a prime example of the Peter Principle - the bloke has been promoted to his level of incompetence.

copied my reply from match day as it seems more relevant here,

Originally Posted by pete vale

I said that Smith was being made to look worse because of Kay in particular from day one.

Kay looked and should be the leader going for everything or at least sorting who does.

Nathan is trying to cover for others inefficiencies.

Last season he was the leader - he led by example!

I didn't go yesterday but off topic would agree with this,

I can remember in a friendly defreitas being told by kay where to mark for a throw when he was inside the play , defreitas moved only to be told to go somewhere else think it may have been pope he ended up not knowing who to please where to go- think it seems we have a vocal core of players rather than focussing on their roles are trying to organise the younger or not so vocal ones who in turn try to do what they are told by them rather than focussing on their jobs- its good to have so called leaders but too many voices and they then become hard to manage as they feel they have certain licence which can only undermine the weak manager who in turn has too many advisers telling him what to do off the pitch...may be wrong but would be my thoughts on where we are and the young uns,, smith denton turner either are dropped or form suffers.... team need clear instruction direction with all knowing their jobs to turn this around it is that simple .. man up mb

I was hoping and expecting that Brown could put together a team in his own image - 100% battlers, fighting for every cause, playing on the front foot and taking games to our opponents. It hasn't happened. I'd rather see us lose 2-4 with a bit of fight and scoring a few goals than the string of tame surrenders we've had over the past 12 months. It's an awful long time since we created more than a few isolated chances in 90 minutes but neither do we look watertight at the back - a recipe for disaster.

Why can't we replicate the second half performance against Crewe, when we had only ten men on the pitch? What's the problem?

Our next game is Luton away! I doubt we'd expect anything there and it's made doubly hard now as they lost 0-3 yesterday and had a managerial rocket up their back passages. I don't envy us at all, though stranger things have happened, like halley's comet in 1086.

I would guess that Brown has the Luton game and one more, though I do agree now that it's becoming increasingly unlikely that he is capable of altering our fortunes.

Blimey. And we thought it couldn't get much worse after last year! Thankfully I share Barry's outlook and wont need the Samaritans regardless of what happens, but it's very very sad and frustrating to witness our decline and with no transfer window open it's a mammoth task now for anyone to turn us around.

A few weeeks ago I thought that Brownie should be given more time to get winning results, but the last five games must have sealed his fate and he should rsign. Mick Adams did after a bad run.

Mick would also have had the team practicing today (Sunday) after such a dismal display.

If the team does not perform better and gain at least a point at Luton and three points at home on Saturday he should (IM humble O) be dismissed.

Archived