onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keep Brown In

Class personified

No need to question mark the fact that things are looking up. Let's not question but buy into the positive vibe the OVF supporters are now embracing. Let's not just be Team Vale let's be Team Positivity. Thanks for coming on board with the Black and White Wizards. Once more unto the breach dear friends. We are all in it together. Things are looking up.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

The formation and team I wanted is not what brown went with against Wycombe. Not close.

Tongue didn't cost us the game, it was the set up. The game should have been over even before brown got sent of.

Yes Whitfield can play through the middle but why not pick another central player instead? It's putting square pegs in round holes when we have perfectly good options on the bench. Play an actual central midfielderder and move Whitfield out wide instead of stobbs or harness who ain't good enough.

Also the isn't a project is there? There's literally nothing to suggest that.

Tonnge got sent off and we played with 10 men for two thirds of the game. Whatever set up was at the start of the game was irrelevant after this.

In the second half we played 432 and relied on Whitfield's engine to cope in midfield. The Tongue dismissal was critical.

This is clearly not the time to change the manager. We have had some seismic upheaval over the past few years. The squad has had to be overhauled once again over the summer. Brown is a young manager who is learning his craft slowly but surely. The squad is a decent one but as they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. It will take time to gell. Brown needs to play the players in their correct positions and two upfront. After yesterday with Worrall and Whitfield running the show in midfield that lack of legs in that area has been resolved. Brown is starting to sort it out. I think we will make the playoffs with this squad which bearing in mind the turmoil of the past couple of years will be a major step forward. I say let's get behind Brown. He is the man for the job. Long live Michael Brown.

Couldn't agree more, give Brown til the end of December and judge him then, the last thing PVFC needs at the moment is the manager being undermined, more change and yet more uncertainty. So another manager comes in and doesn't turn things around what then, so and so out.

Brown has signed some good players and this season will be a mirror image of last season, especially when the ball starts to roll for Vale.

We live in a world of desire for instant grafification but the world doesn't work like that most of the time.

Tonnge got sent off and we played with 10 men for two thirds of the game. Whatever set up was at the start of the game was irrelevant after this.

In the second half we played 432 and relied on Whitfield's engine to cope in midfield. The Tongue dismissal was critical.

No. The set up was at fault. We could and should have been at least 2-0 before tongue got sent off.

How can you say his dismissal cost us the game when we were much improved after he was off?

I think it is no surprise that we look a little disorganized, most of the current squad have hardly played with each other in a competitive match. Smith, Davies and Turner may have played together at youth level but that is about it. Most teams have a core of 7 or 8 players who have played together for a season with a few new faces.

No. The set up was at fault. We could and should have been at least 2-0 before tongue got sent off.

How can you say his dismissal cost us the game when we were much improved after he was off?

If 11 players had been on the pitch I believe we would have won the game.

Bloomin' eck 593, why could and should we have been 2-0 up before Tonge's dismissal, we were on top granted, playing well and building momentum but at that point not 2-0's worth to the Vale.

With 11 on 10 Crewe played it well, used the extra man well by a player always being open which made Vale chase shadows which Vale's players did well and with a bit of luck could have produced an equaliser (pope's header) and a winner (Pykes header an hooked shot)

The countdown to the big Notts County game starts right now. Let's keep on giving out those positive vibes throughout the week. Close your eyes, face Vale Park and project goodwill and encouragement in the direction of the whole squad. With our collective support we can do it. A massive hug in. Let's express love and not vitriol. Peace to all. Victory to the Vale.

G

Bloomin' eck 593, why could and should we have been 2-0 up before Tonge's dismissal, we were on top granted, playing well and building momentum but at that point not 2-0's worth to the Vale.

With 11 on 10 Crewe played it well, used the extra man well by a player always being open which made Vale chase shadows which Vale's players did well and with a bit of luck could have produced an equaliser (pope's header) and a winner (Pykes header an hooked shot)

Think he meant 2-0 down. They hit the bar in the first minute, and Porter missed a sitter of a header after 5 minutes.

We were better after the break, but our keeper had to make far more saves than theirs.

No need to question mark the fact that things are looking up. Let's not question but buy into the positive vibe the OVF supporters are now embracing. Let's not just be Team Vale let's be Team Positivity. Thanks for coming on board with the Black and White Wizards. Once more unto the breach dear friends. We are all in it together. Things are looking up.

We certainly are looking us as the majority f the teams in this league are staring down at us!

Give him to The end of December I have seen on here - at current points per game ratio we will be on less than 20 points with half the season gone.

The countdown to the big Notts County game starts right now. Let's keep on giving out those positive vibes throughout the week. Close your eyes, face Vale Park and project goodwill and encouragement in the direction of the whole squad. With our collective support we can do it. A massive hug in. Let's express love and not vitriol. Peace to all. Victory to the Vale.

I'd rather go to Vale Park with my eyes open to see a proper manager in charge but hey, maybe closing our eyes and sending positive vibes to a crap manager will somehow put points on the board.

What is this hippie nonsense?

Turn on, tune in, drop out (of the league)!

I admire your positivity but to say OVF fans are embracing a positive vibe and getting behind the manager is a bit of a stretch.

Positive vibes,group hug ins you will need them next season to keep warm in the Lorne St in the Conference if Brown stays as Manager.

Are you blind can't you see where Brown has taken us from relative security in Div 1 to joint bottom of Div 2.The guy has had 29 games and a win ratio of 20%.His interview on Radio Joke after Saturday's match was an embarrassment with him saying he had a cunning plan that with Pope on his own up front the midfielders would break from midfield to support him.

He should have told his players that because all I saw was hopeful high balls being punted up to Pope and the midfield players sitting back chasing the Crewe players with the ball.

Archived