onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keep Brown In

Class personified

This is clearly not the time to change the manager. We have had some seismic upheaval over the past few years. The squad has had to be overhauled once again over the summer. Brown is a young manager who is learning his craft slowly but surely. The squad is a decent one but as they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. It will take time to gell. Brown needs to play the players in their correct positions and two upfront. After yesterday with Worrall and Whitfield running the show in midfield that lack of legs in that area has been resolved. Brown is starting to sort it out. I think we will make the playoffs with this squad which bearing in mind the turmoil of the past couple of years will be a major step forward. I say let's get behind Brown. He is the man for the job. Long live Michael Brown.

Advert

This is clearly not the time to change the manager. We have had some seismic upheaval over the past few years. The squad has had to be overhauled once again over the summer. Brown is a young manager who is learning his craft slowly but surely. The squad is a decent one but as they say 'Rome wasn't built in a day'. It will take time to gell. Brown needs to play the players in their correct positions and two upfront. After yesterday with Worrall and Whitfield running the show in midfield that lack of legs in that area has been resolved. Brown is starting to sort it out. I think we will make the playoffs with this squad which bearing in mind the turmoil of the past couple of years will be a major step forward. I say let's get behind Brown. He is the man for the job. Long live Michael Brown.

Has your Nurse not been visiting?

Agreed. Patience is needed, and I'd be far more worried if we looked hopeless. We don't, and we can't go throwing our toys out of the pram when we lose a few games.

There is still plenty of time for us to improve, we're still in August for heaven's sake!

I'll be worried if we get to October and have lost several more but so will Colin Garlick who will then have to call Michael in for a chat.

Slowly bur surely? At a glacial pace. I can't see how he is any better than he was last December, I can't see any evidence of him learning anything. He certainly hasn't admitted to making any mistakes, always someone else's fault. Pretty hard to learn if you firmly believe you're always right. The team will take time to gel but if it's a different eleven every week for months on end then when is this gelling going to take place? Is Brown any closer to knowing his starting eleven than in June? Can you name a single position where we can say that person is nailed on, has to start? Left-back possibly? Then if we switch to a 3-5-2 then we won't even have a left-back.

"Brown needs to play the players in their correct positions and two upfront". What you telling us for? Tell him that! This is basic stuff, play players in their right position? Yeah, no ****. Why doesn't Brown know this? Get behind Brown alright, and push him out the door!

Unlucky.

Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 09.49.46.png

Wind the clock back to 1984 and if this place existed then there would be a similar witch hunt for John Rudge.

Where would we be now if the trigger had been pulled back then?

Totally agree with you. John Rudge, our greatest manager, was new to the management game then. With some of keyboard warriors on here around at that time it wouldn't have taken long for him to have been sacked and then history would have been different. Brown needs time with his team to blossom. I think there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Let's hold hands together as one and support Brownie and the boys. Together we are strong divided we are weak.

I agree with everything you have said bar the last few lines.

My problem with Brown is at this stage of the season we should start to see glimpses of the squad coming together and building an understanding with a way of playing, seeing partnerships on the pitch,however we are nowhere near and look like a team of strangers still.

To me from the last game of preseason and yesterday there is no progress with our play. Now you could argue we have brought in a few players since then with the likes of Denton,Worrall and Hobbs to name a few so still need to time to gel but there are players there from pretty much beginning of pre season who should now be coming together yet still are no where near. Why?

I think the manager is the reason why with his constant changing of players for each game and not having any clear pattern of play other than lump it to Pope. The manager still doesn't have a clear plan which at this stage is not good enough.

His post match interviews are terrible, quite often I wonder if he attended the same game. He has already questioned some players in public, a young keeper who looks uncertain of himself he says he was looking to replace, then this week he says he's backing his young players and yesterday he called out Denton for costing the goal.Remember last season with Thomas? Question players yes but keep it in the dressing room.

He's not learning lessons at all and as no plan which I think his signings have replicated. How many wingers do we need?

He now needs to go so we can bring someone in who knows what they are doing.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Totally agree with you. John Rudge, our greatest manager, was new to the management game then. With some of keyboard warriors on here around at that time it wouldn't have taken long for him to have been sacked and then history would have been different. Brown needs time with his team to blossom. I think there is light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Let's hold hands together as one and support Brownie and the boys. Together we are strong divided we are weak.

Rudge took charge of a team that had lost 14 of their last 16 and were nine points adrift at the bottom of the table. He then picked up 37 points from the remaining 28 games, not enough to prevent relegation but enough to avoid finishing last. He started the next season with one defeat in the first six league games, took us through to the next round of the League cup. After a bad defeat to Northampton he said the players were rubbish on the day, got them in for extra training and won four of the next five.

Brown took charge of a team tat were in 17th-place, six points clear of relegation. He then picked up 22 points from the remaining 23 games, dropping the club four places into the relegation zone. He started the next season with four defeats in five games, out of the League Cup. After this run he said he was proud of his players and that he was a very brave manager.

Nope it should have been the summer however we need rid before we are non league. Vale fans are pathetic.

Brown inherited a very poor squad. We were on a hiding to nothing. Brown may bring another player in before the deadline but he effectively now has his squad. He's had injuries with Barnett, Forrester, Monty etc. He's made errors of judgement which is to be expected with a rookie manager but we can't carry on with swapping managers every 5 minutes. Let the team and the squad as a whole settle down. Then over the next two seasons we will reap the rewards. Let's put aside our differences and go forth as one in unison together to support the manager and players.

Archived