onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keep Brown In

Class personified

I support Brown. He failed to keep Vale up last season because the best players were sold, the replacements and other players got injured and the squad had a large number of players not good enough signed before he took over.

He has made a good fist of signings this transfer window. Clearly we have some really good players and young players coming through. We certainly have better players than Crewe whose performance yesterday reflected the maturity of a stable team.

Yesterday and at Chesterfield he picked the team I would possibly have picked. The team started nervously. The player I would have brought in gave the ball away and left Kay in no mans land, Smith marking tightly, the other full back not round leaving goal scorer unmarked.

After that we started to look better until the sending off. Watched this on telly closely, he made a two footed leap and connected with Cooper's shin. Ref made the correct decision unfortunately, and only the shin pads prevented Cooper from having a large scar on his leg like I have from a tackle 40 years ago when I wasn't wearing pads.

The 10 men then did really well and were unlucky again with Brown making the right sub at half time. Need to get behind Brown and the team for the next game. I accept in sport that if you keep losing change has to happen, but that is probably a bigger risk in this moment. I cannot see what Brown did wrong yesterday, he is building team from scratch and needs to keep going at that task

Have you copied and pasted that from someone else who also has there head in the clouds? So cliched it's unreal. You'll still be spouting the same absolute nonsense in 6 months time when Vale are somewhere near the bottom.

Advert

I support Brown.

He has made a good fist of signings this transfer window.

Yesterday and at Chesterfield he picked the team I would possibly have picked.

After that we started to look better until the sending off

were unlucky again

I cannot see what Brown did wrong yesterday, he is building team from scratch and needs to keep going at that task

Really?

I support Brown. He failed to keep Vale up last season because the best players were sold, the replacements and other players got injured and the squad had a large number of players not good enough signed before he took over.

He has made a good fist of signings this transfer window. Clearly we have some really good players and young players coming through. We certainly have better players than Crewe whose performance yesterday reflected the maturity of a stable team.

Yesterday and at Chesterfield he picked the team I would possibly have picked. The team started nervously. The player I would have brought in gave the ball away and left Kay in no mans land, Smith marking tightly, the other full back not round leaving goal scorer unmarked.

After that we started to look better until the sending off. Watched this on telly closely, he made a two footed leap and connected with Cooper's shin. Ref made the correct decision unfortunately, and only the shin pads prevented Cooper from having a large scar on his leg like I have from a tackle 40 years ago when I wasn't wearing pads.

The 10 men then did really well and were unlucky again with Brown making the right sub at half time. Need to get behind Brown and the team for the next game. I accept in sport that if you keep losing change has to happen, but that is probably a bigger risk in this moment. I cannot see what Brown did wrong yesterday, he is building team from scratch and needs to keep going at that task

Warren talks a lot of sense. If we could have 5000 Warren's supporting the Vale we would go along way together. Let's pull in the same direction. You know we can do it.

On the plus side (yeah I know I'm in the minority) there were clear signs of players developing an understanding between each other, especially on the wings in the second half. Unfortunately it didn't result in the creation of clear cut chances but it will. Perhaps a few on here didn't see that from their armchairs...

Wind the clock back to 1984 and if this place existed then there would be a similar witch hunt for John Rudge.

Where would we be now if the trigger had been pulled back then?

Michael brown is not and never will be John rudge.

He's had more than enough time, he needs to go before we fall behind other sides at the foot of the table.

You can't see what he did wrong yesterday?

Did you not see the starting 11 that had 3 centre halves in a back 4?

Did you not see the 4 wingers in a midfield 5, one of which brown said isn't ready yet?

Or the fact that tom pope was once again a lone striker?

He got everything wrong yet again.

Also I like how you fail to mention any blame of brown for last season. Like his rubbish tactics, signings, formations and substitutions.

Did you not see the 4 wingers in a midfield 5, one of which brown said isn't ready yet?

Also I like how you fail to mention any blame of brown for last season. Like his rubbish tactics, signings, formations and substitutions.

Brown is Normans fall guy can't u see that or r u another paid up member of the badge of stupid club??👻

Whitfield had a good game showing fantastic energy in a central role. In fact he was the main man keeping us in the game with 10 men. Davis at right back was a viable change attempt, given that has been a problem position in all the previous games. Also given Denton is an attacking left back having balance with a defensive minded right back is plausible for balance if he helps out the central defence in the air more.

He had 4 players who can play on the wing but clearly Worrell and Whitfield can play in the centre.

The formation you call for is the one that saw us losing 3-0 after 30 mins against Wycombe with the midfield overrun.

Brown failed to keep Vale up, just as the our hero Micky Adams failed to save Sheffield Utd from relegation and was in charge at Tranmere when they went down to the National League. It is a difficult job and it was Tonge in particular that cost us the game yesterday.

Big change like replacing the manager brings high risk and mid project in rebuilding not justified presently.

I am delighted with this thread as I am starting to feel a wave of positivity washing over the whole of OVF. Long may this continue. I am feeling that the consensus is turning in favour of Brown being given a proper chance. A big thumbs up to our supporters for being prepared to change their minds. I feel we are now a collective force which means that as long as we stay strong and steadfast together nobody will beat. Remain focussed the Vale are on the up. Brown is our man.

Whitfield had a good game showing fantastic energy in a central role. In fact he was the main man keeping us in the game with 10 men. Davis at right back was a viable change attempt, given that has been a problem position in all the previous games. Also given Denton is an attacking left back having balance with a defensive minded right back is plausible for balance if he helps out the central defence in the air more.

He had 4 players who can play on the wing but clearly Worrell and Whitfield can play in the centre.

The formation you call for is the one that saw us losing 3-0 after 30 mins against Wycombe with the midfield overrun.

Brown failed to keep Vale up, just as the our hero Micky Adams failed to save Sheffield Utd from relegation and was in charge at Tranmere when they went down to the National League. It is a difficult job and it was Tonge in particular that cost us the game yesterday.

Big change like replacing the manager brings high risk and mid project in rebuilding not justified presently.

The formation and team I wanted is not what brown went with against Wycombe. Not close.

Tongue didn't cost us the game, it was the set up. The game should have been over even before brown got sent of.

Yes Whitfield can play through the middle but why not pick another central player instead? It's putting square pegs in round holes when we have perfectly good options on the bench. Play an actual central midfielderder and move Whitfield out wide instead of stobbs or harness who ain't good enough.

Also the isn't a project is there? There's literally nothing to suggest that.

I am delighted with this thread as I am starting to feel a wave of positivity washing over the whole of OVF. Long may this continue. I am feeling that the consensus is turning in favour of Brown being given a proper chance. A big thumbs up to our supporters for being prepared to change their minds. I feel we are now a collective force which means that as long as we stay strong and steadfast together nobody will beat. Remain focussed the Vale are on the up. Brown is our man.

?????

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived